moded my RS2 a little... I think they look better.
Jul 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

erd

Head-Fier
A mod inspired by unfortunate events and a broken 'yoke'...

Good amount of time and money were spent on R&D... in other words, a lot of things I tried didn't really worked out too well. But I think I'm finally onto something...

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #5 of 26
:O Looks very nice on the RS2..I wonder how it'd look on a HF2.
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 26
Bling!

Looks solid, what did you use in the end? I've been thinking about milling an RS1 style gimbal (i dislike the work Yoke in this instance) out of aluminium, but so far I havn't got around to finding the correct piece yet.

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bling!

Looks solid, what did you use in the end? I've been thinking about milling an RS1 style gimbal (i dislike the work Yoke in this instance) out of aluminium, but so far I havn't got around to finding the correct piece yet.

I ended up using polished brass. It's soft enough that I can drill and file easily, but not too soft that it'll bend out of shape. The idea of using brass actually came when I saw a musician playing a trumpet; I thought brass would give a nice touch since there're so many musical instrument made of brass.

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #14 of 26
those new plastic grado's remind me of Darth Vader. Love it on that RS2, but I think it'll be best on the HF2... care to send me a pair of those?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back