mod: Monoporice 8323
May 2, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #136 of 208
None whatsoever, unless you had 60 of them and returned them, using the refund to buy an HD800.

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #138 of 208
Hi All,

great thread OP, thank you for this very informative post and discussion.

but I am going to go against convention and try to bring out MORE sub-bass and rumble on this headphone.

long story short, my first IEM was an Meelec M6, I purchased it based on great reviews on this forum, and thus I think I got accustomed to the sub-bass heavy signature of the M6/M9 IEMs.

later on, I acquired other head-fi equipment based on recommendations on this forum: Meelec M9, monoprice 8320, Fiio E11, Philips SHE3590, JVC HA-FX101 and Monoprice 8323.

However, even with my iphone 5S set to "bass boost" and Fiio E11 set to EQ2 with High Gain, the monoprice 8323 cannot generate enough sub-bass and rumble for my liking when listening to rap and hip-hop.

thus after digesting info from this thread, I want to try the following, in an attempt to bring out more sub-bass:

1. enlarge the side cup vents (step 4 from OP's 1st post)
2. poke and clear out the driver vents/holes (step 5, the holes that OP covered up half of them with micropore tape)

is there other mods I can do to bring out more sub-bass?

TIA

regards,
M

Aug 25, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #140 of 208
I have two questions for you Armaegis that will hopefully help me out in trying to mod these.

1. What would happen if you covered up those 3 white crescents? (I'm not sure what their function is)
2. Do you happen to know what screw size is used?

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #141 of 208
Those white crescents are breathable paper. If you cover them up, you're basically taking much of the cup out of the equation and it will probably kill the bass and likely change up the upper frequency response.

Sorry, I do not know what the screw sizes are.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #147 of 208
  Well, I'll give you a teaser image of the updated version. Hint: If you line up the 3 dots on the image to the headphones, you should understand.

It's a deadmau5 overlay for the 8323's!

Nice Job!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back