Mod list for Koss KSC 75?
May 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #16 of 25
I just got the PX200 pads as Peyotero recommended, and boy am I impressed. First off they do fit perfectly, but secondly they do actually change the sound for the better(by moving the ear off it is opening up the sound). I will have to keep listening, but so far so good

May 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #17 of 25
Are you using them with the KSC75's or the portapro's/ksc35's? And is your pair kramer modded?
I found that the stock porta's combined with the pads sound a bit boomy(aka the mid bass climbs on top of the other frequencies). Not so when kramer modded (aka drilling some holes in the plastic mesh covering the drivers).

Haven't tested with the stock KSC75's cause I kramer modded them right away...

May 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4) 75 Ohm resistor mod (soldered in parallel) - tightens the bass so its less muddled/flabby

Are you sure it's parallel and not series? Putting it in parallel would act as a current divider and just divert current away from the driver, I think...

Feb 13, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure it's parallel and not series? Putting it in parallel would act as a current divider and just divert current away from the driver, I think...

someone gimme picture or tutorial for this mod >.<

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #20 of 25
I just go to RadioShack and buy an inline volume control. They have a cheap black one, and a better built white one thats made by Auvio or some name like that.
Adjust the resistance to whatever you want.

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by onezerosix141 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone gimme picture or tutorial for this mod >.<

|L -- resistor --> L driver
|G --> drivers
|R -- resistor --> L driver

Mar 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #22 of 25
Lil' Knight, not that I'm doubting your expertise since it's probably a whole hell of a lot more than what I have, but to me, that doesn't make sense. Wouldn't it be :

|L -- resistor --> L driver
|G --> drivers
|R -- resistor --> R driver

I'm highly interested in these since I'm currently using the headphone portion of a Labtec or whatever headset and it sucks. Keep the mods coming! Also to the OP, maybe you could edit your post and keep a list there?

Nov 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #23 of 25
Swap the KSC75 drivers into another pair of headphones, MDR-V150 being a popular pair for that, and MDR-ZX100 would work pretty well too, I bet. As for swapping the Bose Triport drivers out with KSC75 drivers, would be worth a shot too. However if you do end up doing a driver-swap with a pair of KSC75 drivers, would be a good idea to get better cabling as well.

Jan 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #25 of 25
Oh that's nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back