Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Mar 8, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #2,343 of 3,172
CanjamNYC is taking Ryan out of the workshop from today thru the end of show fwtw, Guys.

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #2,345 of 3,172
maybe someone should start a separate tungsten order status thread . . .
It's always like this. Half the Stax X9000 thread was about order status

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #2,346 of 3,172
It's always like this. Half the Stax X9000 thread was about order status
Many threads go like that. Afterwards usually some complains start about Accessoires.
Then the first users complain heavily about the first reviews that were positive and so on.

These cycles repeat nearly for All new headphones.

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #2,347 of 3,172
Many threads go like that. Afterwards usually some complains start about Accessoires.
Then the first users complain heavily about the first reviews that were positive and so on.

These cycles repeat nearly for All new headphones.
Yepp. Initial hype impatient waiting/lead times first rave impressions first disappointed impressions product finds its place on the market. :)

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #2,348 of 3,172
Yepp. Initial hype impatient waiting/lead times first rave impressions first disappointed impressions product finds its place on the market. :)
And repeat that with every other piece of equipment out there and it's neverending story, as soon as new product is out.
A nightmare

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #2,350 of 3,172
And repeat that with every other piece of equipment out there and it's neverending story, as soon as new product is out.
A nightmare
Haha! Exactly. I might just leave Head-Fi and enjoy my gear/music in peaceful solitude for the rest of my life. :)

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #2,351 of 3,172
Haha! Exactly. I might just leave Head-Fi and enjoy my gear/music in peaceful solitude for the rest of my life. :)
Yes that's the right way, I did that some time ago and never looked back.

Still it is fun to read people impressions and see how miserable some are, always chasing something delusional.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #2,352 of 3,172
Make sure to say good bye before you leave, you'd be missed

Mar 9, 2024 at 7:29 AM Post #2,354 of 3,172
Just joking for now. But it is true, Head-Fi should be consumed in moderation and responsibly. Otherwise, you put your health and wallet to risk. :)
Oh so very true.
Close to a year ago I posted how happy I was/am with my setup after getting Envy and my T+A gear. Reaching Endgame, that classic clichee.

Tbh I still feel like it. Envy AE being the only upgrade to the Envy but still super content with the rest of my chain. If it weren't limited, I might not even have jumper on the upgrade instantly.

However I didn't leave, and read about the Tungsten -> order in.
I read about the new Raal and even went to a headphone Show, all due to the hype here on head-fi. This changed my plans and the result is that I quit estats and instead join the Raal Club...

Overall though my favourite headphone remains the Meze Elite. And just that one with my chain could already produce eternal happyness, if I were to leave head-fi

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #2,355 of 3,172
Full agreement. I joined Head-Fi, some years ago, and went to a few local Head-Fi meets. Very nice people, however I was shaken by the amount of money being spent on things that did not make sense to me (and some still don't). I stepped away and came back a few years later with a graduated pace to researching, trying things out, and *trying* to be cautionary with purchases, so I wouldn't go down a slippery slope. That slope, as I see it, involves two things: A nervous desperation to chase down elusive purchases based on the glowing reviews of members, creating an emotional state of never being satisfied. One would eventually purchase their item and start chasing the next one. The second thing is the slippery slope of justifying massive financial expenses. I don't have a lot of gear, but when I add it up, oh boy. For those with unlimited funding, neither is an issue. Just my $0.02. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back