Mobile version of Head-Fi?
Nov 21, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #31 of 165
Yeah, it looks a bit quiet, but I thought I'd add a vote for some sort of mobile version.
I thought that a mobile version was on the cards months ago, but I haven't been here in a while and maybe that's not a priority anymore.

Nov 21, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #32 of 165
The thing is that sooner or later, none of us are going to be posting from our desks anymore.  Just ask any top-tier mobile broadband provider about the increase in traffic over their networks, we're doing much more of our web browsing on the go.  Head-Fi (as well as the rest of the internet) might as well get used to being viewed on mobile devices, especially with the introduction of smartphones and tablets running multi-core processors on 4G data networks...

Nov 21, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #33 of 165
I completely agree. I've been posting more and more from mobile. I've had an iPhone since they were released and I'm frequently away from the house. I would not be surprised if I have close to 10k posts on mobile. A mobile-optimized version would be great and would probably help bring in more members.

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #34 of 165

Quote:
I completely agree. I've been posting more and more from mobile. I've had an iPhone since they were released and I'm frequently away from the house. I would not be surprised if I have close to 10k posts on mobile. A mobile-optimized version would be great and would probably help bring in more members.

Well, you're a mod...what do you think the chances are of grabbing a couple other mods and PM'ing the admin about it?  Should we set up a poll?

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #35 of 165
WOULD LOVE mobile to work like the old site...PLEASE.  

I will drive to Oakland and cook Tri-Tips in Huddler's parking lot for them + find a bulk deal on Jolt Cola.

Who's with me?

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #37 of 165

Quote:
If allowed, I might be able to create an Android app for the site. Or we could get a group of tech savvy people to coordinate creating iphone and android apps! 

You're forgetting Blackberry
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #38 of 165

Quote:
Quote:
If allowed, I might be able to create an Android app for the site. Or we could get a group of tech savvy people to coordinate creating iphone and android apps! 

You're forgetting Blackberry
biggrin.gif

Good point. I have no clue how to program for BB though. We really should start a thread to get this started. Unfortunely I'm pretty busy so someone else will have to head this operation :)

I was thinking an app similar to the Android Reddit app. (if anyone is familiar with it) Its the best reader type thing I have ever used for a website. 

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #39 of 165

Quote:

Why bother coding something?  All we need is tapatalk support, which is supposedly pretty straightforward: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

That way, we'd already have apps on iPhone, Blackberry and Android (and others too; I use WebOS, and there's a beta app out now for tapatalk).

Edit:  Hmmm, not sure if Head-Fi's obscure (yet totally awesome) forum software is supported...

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #41 of 165
Another +1 Tapatalk supporter.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #42 of 165
I don't know anything about Tapatalk but anything to improve the experience of navigating Head-Fi from a mobile device would be greatly appreciated. Please make this happen. ASAP!
deadhorse.gif

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #45 of 165
Wow I had just finished writing a feedback form regarding a mobile version when I saw this, good thing I didn't hit send yet!

I would definitely love and use a mobile version all the time. This site is VERY slow on my iTouch since there are so many ads and other dynamic features.  I believe HeadFi would really benefit from a mobile version because it could help generate a lot more traffic and attract more users. A vast majority of people spend lots of time browsing the internet via a mobile device and I find it painful to try to browse the forums currently.  

I'd actually even be interested in helping HeadFi develop a mobile version. While my skills  are relatively basic, I have developed a iPhone mobile app and always simply enjoy learning more. It could be a fun project I'd enjoy working on (even for free!).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back