Mobile version of Head-Fi?
Sep 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #16 of 165
Bombarde, you just described the exact challenge I face when reading Head-Fi on my iPhone. 
I also face difficulty in posting replies from my phone, and having everyone's display picture load as I scroll down a thread sometimes causes the whole page to chug on a 3G connection. So, yes, I'd very much like to see a more mobile-friendly version of the site please!

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #17 of 165
Eric-

I can't even imagine reading it in an iPhone with the current column width when it extends below the right sidebar!

Another annoyance related to that that I'm noticing tonight - as all the JavaScript animation of content swapping in and out of the right column takes place, it can cause a post situated near the end of the right column to start switching between full page width and the shorter column width higher on the page. And as this happens, that post occupies less depth. So, even reading posts further down the page, those are jumping up and down every few seconds as the copy above gets reflowed.

That's poor design IMO... Page elements need to be locked down so they're not moving around while you're trying to read them.

And that animated right sidebar is just annoying anyway. I'd pay to get rid of it.

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #20 of 165
And where could we read about doing that?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #21 of 165
You can pay to get rid of ads. Certain contributor levels give you the option to remove ads.

Erik, I recon that mean the feature have returned. Cause it has been absent since the software switch back in April...

Oct 18, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #23 of 165
Thankfully Tapatalk has an API.  It's certainly something I'd push for being implemented.

Nov 7, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #27 of 165

Users who are viewing this thread

Back