Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Sep 2, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #286 of 389
can you point it out for me, if it's not too much trouble? I went out and watch the end of the video again, the last 3 mins, did not hear a whisper about hifiman or vmoda.

He mentions the XS at 13:31 referring to its compact size.

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #287 of 389
Anything with adequate shielding....no point in having those headphones with an AK240 or such DAPs. xD

Maybe a Clip+?

Would putting a resistor (impedance adaptor?) between the noisy DAP and the Mo-Fi's input work?

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #288 of 389
  Anything with adequate shielding....no point in having those headphones with an AK240 or such DAPs. xD

Maybe a Clip+?

Would putting a resistor (impedance adaptor?) between the noisy DAP and the Mo-Fi's input work?

Assuming conventional design, with input to the amp going to be much higher than a headphone driver. It shouldn't causes much problem.

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #290 of 389
How do these compare of do they compare to the Pendulumic Stance 1s?

not even close in terms of functionality.
a more similar headphone to the Stance would be with the Parrot Zik. Depends on what requirements you have. Bluetooth is a nice feature. When you put that with remote controls the Zik a very nice package to use on the go.
compared to the Zik the audio quality is much better on the MoFi's. I really enjoy the dsp and noise cancellation of the Ziks, really quite good.

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #291 of 389
I pickup up a pair of these over the weekend. They have quickly become my favorite headphone ever. Yes, they are huge, heavy and don't exactly fold flat... but with that said, they fit my hard-to-fit big head really well, and have been comfortable while worn for 8 hour days.

When I'm on an audio conference, I turn the amp off to conserve power, but when I want to rock out, On+ really makes these headphones spring to life! I've been listening with a variety of genres, and probably the best sounding stuff has been hard rock. I cannot speak for many other brands in the price range, but the Mo-Fi's scratch the particular itch that I have.... A headphone that I can crank the hell out of, drown out the outside world, and get lost in my music for the first time in years. 

Well played Blue!

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #292 of 389
My friend gave them a serious listening period when he was in one audio exhibition in China, and he told me that he was really impressed by Blue Mo-Fi. I still cannot believe that my friend said he preferred Mo-Fi over Hifiman HE-400i. BTW, I just ordered my Mo-FI and am hoping they can compete with Hifiman's new product line.

P.S. from what I heard, the built-in amp in Mo-Fi was designed and manufactured by Fiio, which is imo a good thing considering Fiio's reputation of making good value amplifiers and DACs.

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #293 of 389
Based on Blue's past success, I expected them to do a great job with the Mo-Fi in terms of both ergonomics and sound.  And they did.

But if form must follow function, then perhaps some of the functions that led to these oddly articulated forms should not have been considered.  The first time I saw the Mo-Fi Blue, I though it was War of the World all over again, with those peculiarly articulated alien spaceships wobbling about like giant, drunken grass hoppers. 

I must admit that once you put these things on your head, they don't look as bad--no, I would not go so far as to say they look good.  They are, however, extremely comfortable.  

I am considering getting them just to give my old AKG K1000 some company  But I'll make sure to wear them only in the privacy  of my own home, with the lights turned off.

♪ ...I am having an articulated...Mo-Fi Bues...♬

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #294 of 389
Hehe, the first time I saw Blue Mo-Fi... It's been out what, a week and a half? Just seems an amusing way to put it.

Sep 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #297 of 389
I wear a 7 5/8-7/8 depending on brand (Borsalino, Stetson, etc) and found the Mo-Fi slightly tight, but comfortable.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #298 of 389
I can't decide if I would wear these while traveling. I'd like to buy a pair thinking I wouldn't care if the sound as good as it appears.

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #300 of 389
Hello everyone,
I'm seriously considering purchasing these Headphones, but i have a few questions and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions.
I don't listen to music religiously, but i do listen every other day and I appreciate quality regardless of what it is. I am in High school so please note that money is not plentiful so
I was wondering if this would be a good set for my particular situation. Or would any of you recommend any other alternatives (i would like over-ear; closed back cans) and i currently have no amp so i would also have to pick up one of those if you recommend something other than these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back