Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Sep 17, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #302 of 389
  Hello everyone,
I'm seriously considering purchasing these Headphones, but i have a few questions and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions.
I don't listen to music religiously, but i do listen every other day and I appreciate quality regardless of what it is. I am in High school so please note that money is not plentiful so
I was wondering if this would be a good set for my particular situation. Or would any of you recommend any other alternatives (i would like over-ear; closed back cans) and i currently have no amp so i would also have to pick up one of those if you recommend something other than these.

Vmoda XS or a good deal can be found on a used Vmoda M80, both don't require amps although if you add an amp later they scale nicely.

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #304 of 389
Congratulations!

I, on the other hand, just received this from Amazon.co.uk:

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with Integrated Audiophile Amplifier"
   Estimated arrival date: December 04 2014 - December 06 2014

Which is a bit of a disappointment as it was supposed to ship today.

All good things to those who wait, I suppose... (and my Schiit Gungnir is delayed as well).

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #305 of 389

Sorry to hear about the delay on your equipment. I've been enjoying the Mo-Fi for several weeks. Just this weekend I used it with my desktop amplifier and DAC to play some AIFF files (built-in headphone amplifier off).

For the price I'm very pleased how these work in conjunction with my IOS devices, and how the can scale up with external amplification and DAC (again with the built-in amplifier in the "off" position).

I'm really not all that fond of closed headphones, so the built-in amplification and the interesting design just spoke to me. I'm glad I purchased these unique headphones. My B&W P7's are getting lonely :wink:

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #307 of 389
I did my pre order on Amazon.UK, my new headphones should have started yesterday but have informed me that the manufacturer will have some delays in delivery. 
My headset will not arrive before Christmas ... you have news about these delays? 
I note with regret that the headset is not even available to crew on Amazon.com in the USA and Europe anywhere ... I am very disappointed ..

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #311 of 389
Please bear with me as this is my first post, and I am not an audiophile, but I ordered the Blue Mo-Fi headphones to try from Amazon.  Loved the way they looked, felt on my freakishly large head, and even sounded.  Unfortunately the yellow charging light did not work; specifically, the light did not stay on for more than a few minutes.  So I had no way of knowing (beyond listening) whether it was fully charged or not.  While this might not be a deal breaker for some, it was too much of a psychic burden for my already overly fragile mind -- and I reluctantly returned the Mo-Fis.  I can see ordering another pair, but maybe for the second release?  Anyway, not sure if this will help anyone, but that's my experience.

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #312 of 389
  Please bear with me as this is my first post, and I am not an audiophile, but I ordered the Blue Mo-Fi headphones to try from Amazon.  Loved the way they looked, felt on my freakishly large head, and even sounded.  Unfortunately the yellow charging light did not work; specifically, the light did not stay on for more than a few minutes.  So I had no way of knowing (beyond listening) whether it was fully charged or not.  While this might not be a deal breaker for some, it was too much of a psychic burden for my already overly fragile mind -- and I reluctantly returned the Mo-Fis.  I can see ordering another pair, but maybe for the second release?  Anyway, not sure if this will help anyone, but that's my experience.

Ah sorry for your luck. Fortunately, I have no yellow light issues

Oct 9, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #315 of 389
Does anyone know how the On+ setting is configured (measurements or subjective prediction works), how much of a bass boost and how wide/deep the boost is configured etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back