Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Aug 31, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #271 of 389
So far, with "On/On+" I find the Mo-Fi enjoyable to listen to from the Fiio X3 and & X5, Moto X, and iPod Video hooked up to a Go-Dap3 (thanks to Sfwalcer for letting me know it could be done.)  Mo-Fi is enjoyable with passive on my Pioneer SX-737, but not with the amp on due to it magnifying the noise that is barely there in passive to sounding like it's raining outside.  Noise was also loud straight from iPod Video with amp on, did not try passive with it to see if it can get the Mo-Fi to enjoyable volume.

I've yet to put enough hours on it to give any decent impressions that'd be helpful as of yet.  Sorry everyone!

Another strange note is when the amp is on and the headphone is unplugged, while going to plug it into the iPod Video with the screen on, getting within half an inch of the screen created a quite audible high pitch noise in the left earcup around where the amp is assumed to be.  This effect did not occur with the X3 or the Moto X.

Aug 31, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #272 of 389
half an inch
  So far, with "On/On+" I find the Mo-Fi enjoyable to listen to from the Fiio X3 and & X5, Moto X, and iPod Video hooked up to a Go-Dap3 (thanks to Sfwalcer for letting me know it could be done.)  Mo-Fi is enjoyable with passive on my Pioneer SX-737, but not with the amp on due to it magnifying the noise that is barely there in passive to sounding like it's raining outside.  Noise was also loud straight from iPod Video with amp on, did not try passive with it to see if it can get the Mo-Fi to enjoyable volume.

I've yet to put enough hours on it to give any decent impressions that'd be helpful as of yet.  Sorry everyone!

Another strange note is when the amp is on and the headphone is unplugged, while going to plug it into the iPod Video with the screen on, getting within half an inch of the screen created a quite audible high pitch noise in the left earcup around where the amp is assumed to be.  This effect did not occur with the X3 or the Moto X.

half inch to the monitor screen is quite close to pick up interference. The interference is caused by the dimmer circuit that controls the brightness of the screen. With the headphones unplugged there is no ground to shun the the interference. Sounds normal to be. 

Aug 31, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #275 of 389
I kind of assumed after it not happening on the other two devices. Oddly that reminds me, I should check how it sounds on a Clip+.

Aug 31, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #276 of 389

Ya, that or you stepped on your cat.

Aug 31, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #279 of 389
hardly long enough to make a judgement but after a few hours of listening i remain pretty impressed with how smooth these are. i haven't heard anything that makes these sound congested. A thrown a few genres at this, rock, jazz and rock. i said rock twice, i like rock. One song from LeAnn Rimes. go ahead, guess which one.....the cover.....written by Bill Mack.

yeah, Blue. Playing it wasn't intentional just odd that it was on the player. Great vocal.

There is one thing, going from passive to amped is going to be a shock for some people. You will not do that again. Going the other way is fine and they keep most of the character of the signature once you get the volume adjusted in passive mode.
they remind me of Koss esp9s in many ways. first is they also operate in a powered and UN-powered mode. In powered mode the bass is fuller, another characteristic they share. The audio quality is similar but the Blue is more refined AND the bass is better textured. I actually feel the bass but it's not a bass headphone, just very full

This is one of the few phones I've used haven't or don't need any eq, tone control adjustment. I've been using a smart phone and the pause button seems to work fine. (android 4.4.2 on an HTC 816 with power amp as the music app)
Nice find Jude, thanks for bringing these to my attention.

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #280 of 389
My initial impressions after first donning the Mo-Fi were possibly skewed by the conditions from whence I came. A twelve hour workday,that required the use of contact lenses, left me weary and bleary eyed well before I wandered into my local Guitar Center in hopes of encountering Blue's latest manufacturing venture. A glass of red had also kissed me sweetly in that soft spot behind the eyes.

I returned to the Mo-Fi's embrace today and found the clamp to be less "bear hug" and more "firm handshake." Perhaps others demoing the unit have loosened the headband/suspension/space tech a bit. The weight also seemed much more manageable and was very comfy atop my larger than average dome. A Mo-Fi may find itself in my possession soon.

Sep 1, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #281 of 389
My initial impressions after first donning the Mo-Fi were possibly skewed by the conditions from whence I came. A twelve hour workday,that required the use of contact lenses, left me weary and bleary eyed well before I wandered into my local Guitar Center in hopes of encountering Blue's latest manufacturing venture. A glass of red had also kissed me sweetly in that soft spot behind the eyes.

I returned to the Mo-Fi's embrace today and found the clamp to be less "bear hug" and more "firm handshake." Perhaps others demoing the unit have loosened the headband/suspension/space tech a bit. The weight also seemed much more manageable and was very comfy atop my larger than average dome. A Mo-Fi may find itself in my possession soon.

I had mine have loosened up after a few days. I am glad I'll be able to tighten them up as needed as I started in the low tightness setting.

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #282 of 389
I decided to return mine for now while I consider other closed headphone options.  Worst comes to worst, I know how the Mo-Fi sounds, I like how it sounds, and I can always re-order it if I decide it'll suit me nicely.

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #283 of 389
I'm confused. it said the products mentioned in this review are hifiman 560 and vmoda XS. I have not heard Jude mentioning either in the video. not even once. Am I missing something? Or is this false advertising?

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #284 of 389
I'm confused. it said the products mentioned in this review are hifiman 560 and vmoda XS. I have not heard Jude mentioning either in the video. not even once. Am I missing something? Or is this false advertising?

He mentions them near the end of the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back