MLB Playoffs are here! Your predictions?
Oct 9, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #18 of 27
All i can say is, it better be a team BESIDES the Yanks or Red Sox.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry About Your Wallet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All i can say is, it better be a team BESIDES the Yanks or Red Sox.

thank you. can i add one more to the list? the phillies.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #20 of 27
Well the Sox lost their first game, and I can't say I'm surprised. I think they've got a lot better chance tonight with Beckett on the mound, but Weaver had a good year.

Dodgers are handling St. Louis as expected and it doesn't appear as if the Phillies are going to have any trouble. There doesn't appear to be any surprises this post season.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, man. Bill Buckner, where are ya? Holliday needs some mentoring.

I think Holliday is my hero lol. Without that error we would have been toast.
Go Dodgers!

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #23 of 27
That crowd was so silent during the game you could have heard a fly fart.

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #24 of 27
Man, drama is good. Hi Boston, St. Louis welcomes you to the choker's seats.

Edit:
Move down boys, make room for Minnesota.

Three teams went down without a win.

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #25 of 27
I just ordered the post season MLB package for the internet and am watching the Yankees/Twinkies game right now. Kind of cool because you get to watch the game from 4 different viewing angles all at once. They're not quite n'sync but close enough.

I'm pulling for the Phillies, especially tonight with J.A. Happ pitching. He's from my home town area and we went to the same high school (St. Bede Academy in Peru, IL). My brother's brother-in-law was one of his best friends growing up and they're still close, so I'm always getting the inside scoop. He's had a great season (12-4 with a 2.93 ERA) and with any luck will be named the NL rookie of the year.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered the post season MLB package for the internet and am watching the Yankees/Twinkies game right now. Kind of cool because you get to watch the game from 4 different viewing angles all at once. They're not quite n'sync but close enough.

I'm pulling for the Phillies, especially tonight with J.A. Happ pitching. He's from my home town area and we went to the same high school (St. Bede Academy in Peru, IL). My brother's brother-in-law was one of his best friends growing up and they're still close, so I'm always getting the inside scoop. He's had a great season (12-4 with a 2.93 ERA) and with any luck will be named the NL rookie of the year.

I was looking into that for the post season and next season. I saw tons of really bad feedback about it though, so I decided against it. How do you like it?

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #27 of 27
Wow, 3 sweeps and it looks like the Phillies should take care of the Rockies in 4.

I'm really surprised the Red Sox and the Cards didn't win at least ONE game. The Sox have struggled pretty much all year, though. I don't think the Yankees will have any trouble taking care of the Angels, but I do hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back