Mjolnir Audio electrostatic amps
Jun 9, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #76 of 103
I rephrase.

Everything in the chain will affect the sound. If you have a bright sounding headspeaker/headphone, a bright sounding amplifier, a bright sounding DAC and bright sounding cables you will get a very bright sounding result. All tube amplifiers I have heard has been less bright sounding than SS amplifiers. But skip the SS and tube part.
Question; is there an Mjölnir amplifier that will not make the L700 sound brighter then SR-407 with SRM-006tS and also not make the SR-007 Mk2 not sound darker than a Sennheiser HD600?

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #77 of 103
Really you should be asking Spritzer this question. He is really helpful and has a degree of integrity not often found in this business. From what I have read I believe that none of the Spritzer energisers will brighten the sound. Some may add a tinge of warmth, possibly because he was trying to tame the SR009 and L700. I listened to the 009, 007 and L700 through the SRM-007, Trilogy H1 and Stax SRM T8000. The Trilogy had nothing going for it except a brutal high frequency cutoff that made the 009 listenable but murdered the 007 Mk2. The T8000 also calmed the top of the 009 but had no weight or extension in the bass. Frankly I found the SRM 007 closer to music than the T8000. These energisers only hinted at the capability of the 007. I ordered the Mjölnir Carbon and I was just amazed to hear the difference, it was like a racehorse being allowed to gallop for the first time. The fast, dry, musical deep bass was a complete surprise. Being able to hear the key of bass drums and hear deep into the decay was a revelation. I would buy the Carbon again in an instant. Oh, wait a minute, I did. But, seriously, Spritzer will guide you well and not necessarily to the most expensive solution.

Nov 18, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #79 of 103
Really you should be asking Spritzer this question. He is really helpful and has a degree of integrity not often found in this business. From what I have read I believe that none of the Spritzer energisers will brighten the sound. Some may add a tinge of warmth, possibly because he was trying to tame the SR009 and L700. I listened to the 009, 007 and L700 through the SRM-007, Trilogy H1 and Stax SRM T8000. The Trilogy had nothing going for it except a brutal high frequency cutoff that made the 009 listenable but murdered the 007 Mk2. The T8000 also calmed the top of the 009 but had no weight or extension in the bass. Frankly I found the SRM 007 closer to music than the T8000. These energisers only hinted at the capability of the 007. I ordered the Mjölnir Carbon and I was just amazed to hear the difference, it was like a racehorse being allowed to gallop for the first time. The fast, dry, musical deep bass was a complete surprise. Being able to hear the key of bass drums and hear deep into the decay was a revelation. I would buy the Carbon again in an instant. Oh, wait a minute, I did. But, seriously, Spritzer will guide you well and not necessarily to the most expensive solution.
This may be over a year later but having just had the pleasure of dealing with Spritzer I can confirm unreservedly. An extremely helpful and honest person. A real gem.

Nov 22, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #80 of 103
just picked up a KGSShv Carbon that he bought from Spritzer 3months ago since he need quick cash, such an epic amp. it brings the SR009 to a whole new level, I now ordered a pair of SR007mk1 (new old stock) from japan, hope it will do just fine with the carbon as well!

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #82 of 103
Aug 13, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #83 of 103
Hi

Don't know if it's OK to jump right in with a question like this. If not, please forgive me.

I have a dilemma choosing Mjölnir amp. I will most certain buy a Stax SR-007 Mk2, but maybe also Stax SR-L700. The problem is; is there an amp that will suit both headspeakers? I'm afraid that I will find that one of them sounds too "dark" or too "bright".
Today I use a tube DAC with SR-407 and SRM-006tS which I can live with though it's a little bright sounding. But I also have a Sennheiser HD600, but then I usally use a SS DAC because otherwise I think the sound becomes too "dark", but I have to admit that with the tube DAC, in a way, I enjoy the music more. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Any thoughts about this?
Hi, Im in a similar situation, where I just got the L700-II (with the D10 portable amp/dac) and plan on getting the SR007 and get a decent amp, maybe a Mjolnir (a bit reffrained by lack of trust in our local mailing system and cost after custom taxes). Anyway I wonder what you ended up getting (I PM'd on this) and take the space to ask others on what would be a good amp alternative that drives both phones well considering i mostly care for perfomance for orchestral music (though I listen to many other genres) and 95% of the time I listen to music in low volume, such that even the D10 is not lacking in this space with the L700 (but will lack a few times with the Omegas).

Aug 16, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #84 of 103
My SRD-7 should arrive this week.
Hope this is an entry solution that makes the CRBN proud in conjunction with my TOTL speakeramps.

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #87 of 103
deleted (replied to old message by mistake)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back