miu mr2 pro
Apr 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #31 of 82
Apr 16, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #33 of 82
after changing tips to small to allow for deeper insertion(even though I've been a medium for years, and these tips are a PITA to replace) the treble seem to have opened up alot(still not as sparkling as I would prefer) and the bass is a lot tighter and they feel like a whole new iem. I'll update my impression after I spent more time with this

Edit: I still don't like the sound signature reminds me of the hd280 now which I dislike. I also manage to crack open the housing bare handedly without damaging the plastic. The glue they use is really cheap. I'm gonna try dampening  the back of the housing.

This would make a nice IEM if they can increase the treble extension and tighten the bass

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #34 of 82
Just read through the thread, and while I'm rather skeptical (despite not having heard the IE8), I'll just translate what the conclusion of the reviewer was.

總結/Conclusion: 
高頻/Highs: MR2pro-->IE8
中頻/Mids: MR2pro-->IE8
低頻 (量)/Bass (Quantity): IE8-->MR2pro
低頻 (質)/Bass (Quality): MR2pro-->IE8
音場/Soundfield (Soundstage): MR2pro-->IE8
層次感/Layering: MR2pro-->IE8
分析力/Separation: MR2pro-->IE8
舒適度/Comfort: MR2pro-->IE8
外型設計/Design: IE8-->MR2pro
蝦人玩程度/Not sure about this one: MR2pro-->>>IE8

In other news, I just paired them up with the Little Dot Micro+ fed by the uDAC. Synergizes better than the Xenos 1HA-EPC. The MR2 Pro seems to like brighter amps overall (given its bass oriented sound sig)

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #35 of 82
its difficult to get proper impressions on these b/c half the people who get them are instantly ditching the stock tips in favor of something else, which as we all know can pretty radically change the sound.

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #36 of 82
B-but... It won't stay in my ears with the default tips!

*sadface* =<

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #37 of 82
Edit:

Been listening to these all day today, and they are not as bad as my initial impressions.

Bass is still sluggish but the amount is HUGE, impact would be better if the bass wasn't so sluggish.

Mid-range I appreciate more after spending more time with them. Warm sounding, a bit muffled at times though but smooth and non-fatiguing.

Highs are rolled-off, could use more energy.

With that said, these are replacing my M6 for when I just need some sound on the go.

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #38 of 82
I didn't expect to see these as I was #21 or so on the list but I guess somebody didn't get the procedure correct and mine have arrived. I can't yet comment on the sound as the channels are clearly out of phase so sound odd to say the least. If yours sound a bit ethereal and not solid, try this. Pull the plug out just enough so that both channels play at 1/2 volume. What you'll have is the left channel phone pos on r ch amp pos and r ch phone pos on amp ground. They're connected together by the common ground to complete the circuit. The result will be the drivers playing the R ch in series but out of phase with each other. If this config sounds like it has a good center focus, the phones are likely wired out of phase in a normal hookup and need repair. I'm hoping mine is an isolated incidence but those that don't like these should probably try this. Use one of your others as a reference and you'll find that they sound diffused in that config. (out of phase)

One channel of my pair also had the nozzle come off the first time that pulled it from my ear. Easy fix as a dab of glue and a push makes it like new. Tips are fragile. I put them on a larger bore snout to see what they sounded like and I couldn't get them back off without tearing. Should be fine for their nozzle so not a problem for their intended use. I still have a pair that work for me as I used 1 large and 1 med so I will test and get back after I repair mine. I'm quite capable of the fix so if they're not glued together too tightly, I'll have a normal pair as soon as I have the time to work them. I'll take an internal pic for fun but these obviously have the driver at a large angle to the nozzle to fit the housing.

The carry case is weak as it's difficult to zip smoothly but at least you get one which is better than on some other much more costly products.

Apr 16, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #40 of 82
I had a few minutes and took a look. They come apart quite easily so here's a pic. you can see that they are out of phase with each other. they are now repaired and with a few hours of break in so far, I think they're competitive at the price but not the sort of thing I personally go for. Too much bottom for me right now but we'll see after some break in. The mid to high balance etc is quite good and even though they're a bit splashy on the top, I think it's better than most at this range. Sock tips are pretty useless. Sony hybrids too damped, the faux hybrids pretty good but I like the tips from cheap Brainwavz the best so far. A tip that I happen to find works well for a lot of things and doesn't get much mention. Do I prefer a PL50 or Brainwavz M1? Yes but I'm not a bass head and think these are probably better than M6s which is plenty good  enough for the price if you like a lot of extra bass. I haven't heard an IE8 but I fully suspect that it has a more refinement on top and better boogie in general. What is nice about this phone with the right tips so far is the mid to top balance. No they don't extend to infinity or have extra sparkle but they don't present themselves as missing any highs and the octave to octave balance through the mids and top is actually pretty good for this price. I'd say a little upper mid rise which allows the extra bass to work OK. I think less filter would give them too much presence, at least with the tip I prefer. The balance may have fooled the IE8 reviewer into thinking they're more than they are. They've got some info but shouldn't be compared to a top tier. The mids aren't thick as you'd expect with a phone this bass heavy. Not a boom tinkle phone. Just a boom phone.
biggrin.gif
Oh, if you look at the pic, you'll see that the back of the drivers are sealed so no venting to speak of and no worries about getting a seal on reassembly.

Apr 17, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #42 of 82
That's a really nice gesture goodvibes and I'm sure it will make a member here very happy.. I'm anxiously waiting for my set to come in to give these a try..

Quote:
Anyone that wants this pair, just post and I'll stick them and the remaining tips in a padded envelope. They look fresh again. Please, be somebody that needs a break. Must also like lots of bass sans thick mids.

Apr 17, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #43 of 82
Not my flavor so I won't use them and I certainly couldn't sell them after miu was kind enough to send these for free. Somebody else may love them. Build on this pair could obviously have been better but as long as my phase problem was an isolated one, any case or nozzle issue is easily tacked back together in a minute with no sonic worries. At least we know those shipped for review weren't selected and results given will be representative. Perhaps posts like mine will help sort through some new product teething.

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #44 of 82
I agree.. Passing them on to someone else is the right thing to do in this case.. So these don't compare to the Brainwavz M1 at all? I use the M1 a fair bit and enjoy them immensely.. So no one as claimed these from you yet?

Quote:
Not my flavor so I won't use them and I certainly couldn't sell them after miu was kind enough to send these for free. Somebody else may love them. Build on this pair could obviously have been better but as long as my phase problem was an isolated one, any case or nozzle issue is easily tacked back together in a minute with no sonic worries. At least we know those shipped for review weren't selected and results given will be representative. Perhaps posts like mine will help sort through some new product teething.

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #45 of 82
Just got these today ,OMG were they bassy i didn't realise my ipod was on i plugged it in a alig's jungle is massive was on .it was like sloppy boomy bass though ,mid range was muddy highs werent there .But after like 20 minutes it has bass tightented up ,still alot of bass ... seems more than my xb500s. Mid range and highs still not sparkling or clear yet . I guess ill burn in for aleast another 50 hours before i comment on them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back