Miu-Audio give away - 30 sets headphone amplifier DIY Kit
Jul 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #46 of 205
id be interested in giving this a try.

ive been doing diy for a long time now, more recently getting into audio. for amps, ive built a cmoy with some nichicon muses and a starving student, and ive built a portable guitar amp meant for headphone use.

ive been tinkering with my xbox360 controllers for a while. swapping out the smd leds for better colors, programming glitches into microcontrollers and mapping them to tact switches, etc.

im a computer engineering major. i know my way around electronics, and would very much like to try this project out.

Jul 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #47 of 205
I'm interested in doing a portable amp.  I have completed a Bottlehead Crack Amplifier with upgrades, and currently working on an AudioNote EL34 power amplifier.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #48 of 205

Quote:

Modfly 47 .
Power part of the fully corrected, more suitable for 9V battery as power supply.

Question. Looks like this circuit could easily handle twice a 9v. Is using 2 in series with the rail splitter acceptable to raise the rails and how stable is this circuit with non mirrored rails if TLE2426 was avoided and 2 9V batteries were used to supply + and - V directly. Basically, if one battery drops voltage faster than the other, will it stay relatively stable and/or not show too much offset? Basically, is the DC servo enough to compensate? Obviously not an issue when using the TLE but avoiding it could theoretically improve performance into more severe low impedance loads. Circuit looks robust enough to use 3, 9v batteries in series along with the TLE for 14v rails. That sort of output isn't required for my needs but looks like it could drive just about anything with enough rail V and stiffness.

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #50 of 205
i really want my kit, im desperate to start a new project... Just ordered some silver solder, a new tip for my iron (hoping it fits) and one of those third hand stand things... Will have all prepared soon.

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #51 of 205
Yeah count me in too.

Ive built many cmoys and bijou, ckk,soha and other little projects.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #52 of 205
So how long are yooz guyz gonna keep dangling your carrot?
All the wabbits R hungry.
popcorn.gif

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #53 of 205
I reentry just bought all new tools for DIYing including a new iron.  Please count me in.  Thanks.

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #54 of 205
I'm interested.

I've built three tube amps from Bottlehead, several cmoys and similar amps of my own design (for better or worse), a three channel a20, and I'm halfway through a three channel b22 and M3. I've also done some recabling and driver transplants, and miscellaneous fixer upper stuff on regular stereo amps and turntables.

Also, I'm located in Canada if that makes a difference.

Jul 23, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #55 of 205
I am interested.
I haven't made DIY stuff yet, but my father is very good at this.

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #56 of 205
I've soldered some headphone cables and adapters, as well as some of the internals in several mp3 plyers over the years. I've fiddled around wiyh my cmoy BB a bit and would like the chance to build a better amplifier.

Jul 24, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #57 of 205
I'd love to take a crack at this, count me in, my iron and tools have been sitting around for a bit after building my Millet hybrid, a few recables here and there, and random repairs/modifications of a mp3 and tv

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #58 of 205
I'm IN!!!! :D
Experience wise, I built a cmoy, a m3 + s11, a balanced beta22 + dual s22, a buffalo 24, and did some other mods, mainly with my ipod.
I also built various type of cable, mainly LODs, and short ICs, and recabled the non-removable cable um3x myself.
Still a long way to go but guess I can face your challenge :D

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #59 of 205
Please don't consider me - I have enough gear.

But I want to say thank you for the generous give-away and for sponsoring Head-Fi. I truly appreciate your help here and commitment to our hobby. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back