Miu-Audio give away - 30 sets headphone amplifier DIY Kit
Jul 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #61 of 205
Thanks for the offer to the forum... please count me in.... building a cmoy is always fun...

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #64 of 205

Quote:
So are we doing this or was this some kind of marketing propaganda!?

With the IEM give away, they did exactly as stated and didn't ship any until all the slots were filled. When they have the 30 DIYers that they think are viable is completely up to them. Marketing is involved as with any commercial endeavour but propaganda? I don't see any outrageous claims here. They will ship and you know that if they didn't, the board would shun them

I find it an odd comment from the trade. Can the lucky winners have some Krispy Kables LODs to try the amps with?
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #65 of 205
^^ good idea, some krispy kable LOD's would be nice for the winners, i think that would be very nice and you get your cable reviewed at the same time.

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #66 of 205

Quote:
So are we doing this or was this some kind of marketing propaganda!?

Yeah, we're doing this. I got a PM the day I posted asking for my address and that it should be here in 2-3 weeks.

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #68 of 205
i got the PM too :) lets hope they find all 30 soon.

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #71 of 205
If it's not too late, I'm also interested in this.

I've put together a few things, including a CKKIII amplifier and wiring together an Opus DAC, as well as doing casework for those. I've replaced caps on a few video cards that went bad. I've also done a bit of headphone mods and cable work.

Thanks for your consideration!

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #72 of 205
I'm interested, I've made a few battery charging/usb power circuits DIY, an AVR chip powered robot DIY, a few cables, and some Grado mods. I've done some repairs and work on my vintage Marantz receiver. I'd love to have a chance to try my hand at a DIY amplifier from a kit
wink.gif

*shameless "count me in" post*

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #73 of 205
so... Still nothing.. Its a waiting game now i think. Lets hope MIU let us know soon.

Jul 27, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #74 of 205
are these ever going to be commercially available?

I wouldnt mind getting one as a opamp tester. Posted here before but Im never lucky with this sort of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back