Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Jan 28, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #751 of 756
What did you use on the 6se before, the stock or others? Still liking the E2? Is the adhesive a strip or liquid? Can you take them off and reuse or do you have to put more adhesive?
Sorry I missed this post.

The E2 pads just stick onto the cup housing with the adhesive pads that ship with the earpad. I have probably removed and replaced it around 6 times and is now lost much of its stickiness. An alcohol wipe should bring it back to bring 50% again though. The adhesive is essentially the full pad area, and provides a really good seal. The E2 solid pads may seal too hard for the HE500's elevated bass response, but the E2 Suedes or Perf. pads may work well for it. They are quite comfortable and must use a similar memory foam to the angled pads. I think that I like the leather of the Ori pads better than the E2 protein leather.

I really like the Ori pads, but not the auteur...(just seemed to thin out the sound). I never really gave the stock pads a chance other than during the loaner tour, and at this point that was a few years ago, but whichever pads I used provided a much more exciting listen than the Cocobollo Auteurs I owned at the time and were the driving force for me to sell them.

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #752 of 756
Could someone maybe do a quick comparison between Hifiman velour and Dekoni velour for the HE 500 - soundwise and especially comfortwise?

I really love the full, rich and organic tone of the Hifiman's velour but they are itchy after a while. I tried tons of diffent pads and found out that any kind of (p)leather isn't doing the job for me as that "romantic" approach of the mids gets lost. Also tried Beyers velour pads that work much better while they are still not as perfect as the original hifiman.

So my last hope is the Dekoni velour pads will be sounding as great as the Hifiman's without being that itchy.

Glad for any comments on this.

Oct 6, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #753 of 756
BBFD62D8-C589-411F-B089-FDDC1327C1DD.jpeg E49CD9EA-DD9C-473B-91CE-2160F359F1A6.jpeg

Just reporting back that the pads arrived in relatively short order from China, and they are FANTASTIC! (Photos above). Very high quality leather, substantially thicker than stock focus pads, relatively easy install (same as stock, as far as I can tell), very much remind me physically of the audeze pads. Super comfortable and look great, most important, my first impression is that they fix everything that was less than ideal about these headphones in the first place. Everything is just more solid and ‘there’. More liquid, better extension top and bottom and more three dimensional images with overall better tonal colors and more body. And the bass, which I thought was pretty good before, is now otherworldly. With these pads the hifimans vault over the Elears as the first place go to in the main rig. Make my 560s sound and feel like lcd-3s ;0) - A 100% winner for $43, imho.
I also purchased these same ones for my Hifiman HE-400i and they do fit and sound great (Thanks for the link). They also came with the mounting rings. I do believe they are authentic lambskin. My previous angled pleather ones lasted about 150 hrs before the shell started peeling off.

Sep 11, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #754 of 756
Is there consensus as to the best pads for Sundara?

Sep 11, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #755 of 756
I’ve seen comparisons online with freq charts and not many appear to equal or better the standard pads as fitted to the revised edition of Sundaras. No intention of changing the stock pads on my month old sundara.

Dec 10, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #756 of 756
Hello! Tell me, please, will the focus pad - A fit the Hifiman he 500? I am looking for an alternative to native velor ear pads, will the sound be better? Or at least not to spoil the one that is in the native ear pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back