Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads
Oct 9, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #646 of 756
Brainwavz HM5 angled velour might be what you are looking for. They are oval and slightly smaller in outer diameter than the original HiFiMan pads, which means you need to put a plastic ring from one of your old pads inside them to keep them the correct circular size.

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #647 of 756
Brainwavz HM5 angled velour might be what you are looking for. They are oval and slightly smaller in outer diameter than the original HiFiMan pads, which means you need to put a plastic ring from one of your old pads inside them to keep them the correct circular size.
hmm.... any other suggestions? The change in diameter is probably fine with me, I have small ears. Mostly looking at how they change the sound though--since a few posts back someone compared them to the pleathers, do they cause those resonances that the pleathers introduce?

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #648 of 756
+1 , I've been through the gauntlet with pads. The Angled velour is definitely my favorite of the bunch for the 560. Audeze Vegan for the 500's. The velours remind me of the Vegans. I wish the Vegans would work with the 560. Lol.

Oct 12, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #650 of 756
hmm.... any other suggestions? The change in diameter is probably fine with me, I have small ears. Mostly looking at how they change the sound though--since a few posts back someone compared them to the pleathers, do they cause those resonances that the pleathers introduce?
The inner dimension (for the ear) is close to the same as the Ori pads. Definitely smaller than the Audeze pads though, but the outer diameter of the Audeze pads is noticably larger than the HiFiMan cups.

As I have written earlier, I prefer pleather/leather pads with memoryfoam for bass quantity and quality as well as dynamics. I have taped fabric on the inner walls of my HM5 angled pleather pads to get the best of both leather and fabric (velour or micro suede).

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #651 of 756
I'm looking at switching my pads of my HE-400S to something else, as I find them a bit stiff. I've heard that you can get better sound with other pads than stock, which made me curious.

However, I'm not sure what to get. I don't think I want leather pads. Instead, I want to have cloth ones, kinda like these ones: https://steelseries.com/gaming-accessories/arctis-airweave-ear-cushions

I've heard good about the pads from the Beyerdynamic DT990 pads, would they increase sound quality while remaining comfortable?

Other options would be great as well! :)

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #653 of 756
I'm glad you resurrected this thread because I've gotten nowhere figuring out which pad to replace the stock ones with on my he560. I've received a jumble of conflicting information. I want pads that have roomier and (hopefully) deeper cups.

Nov 7, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #654 of 756
I'm glad you resurrected this thread because I've gotten nowhere figuring out which pad to replace the stock ones with on my he560. I've received a jumble of conflicting information. I want pads that have roomier and (hopefully) deeper cups.
Oris, if you can make them fit. I managed it with mounting rings that were trimmed (slightly) so they don't interfere with the yokes. If you like leather, they're worth the price. Also, they have an ergonomic opening, unlike most others (Dekoni, et al.), but are round on the outside, so take the HFM mounting rings and fit the cups better than the Brainwavz pads. Just my $0.02, but I'm definitely done searching and will be sticking with them.

I also have a pair I swap between HE-5LEs and HE-500s.

HTH.

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #657 of 756
I'd reallyllike to pick up some fenst. sheepskins. I hope they have a good BFriday sale....
Even though you posted it twice, I still have no idea what you're talking about. Do you have a link?

Nov 24, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #659 of 756

Users who are viewing this thread

Back