Minneapolis meet 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #16 of 141
Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #17 of 141
I've asked this, but what do you guys think about posting a interest check on the subreddit r/headphones? If I can get some "ok's" then I'll go ahead and make a post there. I can direct them here so that it's not 2 separate discussions, or at least I'll parrot some of the responses from there.

If posting on the subreddit is fine, I think it'd be good to have a list of "etiquettes" we can keep in mind. For example, ask before using one's gear, leave smoking till later, don't handle headphones with greasy hands when you've been elbow deep into a chips bag, etc. May be silly but I sure don't want my headphones polished with chip grease by the end of the day :wink: Whatever you guys suggest, I'll include.

What days work best for you guys? Sundays would work best for me. If Saturday is best, I'll still try to make it.

If we decide to reserve a room in one of the buildings, it would be best to do so say about a month ahead. I remember exchanging a few emails with the guy and he said that they'll process a reservation request within a couple of weeks IIRC. I think that means just to look at the request, not necessarily grant it.

Note:
I was unable to rent a building for a past personal event, as I didn't know about the long period in reservation request processing. They granted us the building in the end, but it was the day before our event and I was told in previous emails that we might not be able to get the building. Long story short, I didn't rent the place because they couldn't guarantee us a reservation almost until the day of an event. My bad for not knowing and poor planning in advance.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #19 of 141
An interest check on the subreddit is cool by me. Also, agree with the etiquette idea, especially since I’d probably bring the ZMFs I have. Weekends can be tough for me but as long as I have a couple week notice I can make it work

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #22 of 141
Mar 4, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #24 of 141
I’d be down, especially if it’s at Needle doctor. Only issue is I don’t have that much interesting stuff to bring. I’d bring my Sine but I’m trying to keep it in storage as I’m planning on getting rid of it. Would anyone be interested in trying the Topping NX4 or the Final E4000? Might not be that interesting but I would bring what I can

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #25 of 141
I’m down for a meet. Got some interesting gear at the moment!

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #27 of 141
I’d be down, especially if it’s at Needle doctor. Only issue is I don’t have that much interesting stuff to bring. I’d bring my Sine but I’m trying to keep it in storage as I’m planning on getting rid of it. Would anyone be interested in trying the Topping NX4 or the Final E4000? Might not be that interesting but I would bring what I can

I'd be interested to try out the E4000. I had the E5000 that I loved.

Should I make a poll asking which location people prefer? Personally I like Roseville because the A line goes straight to there from Highland.

You can make a poll. We just might need more time as more people voice interest. If we decide to go with one of the Roseville buildings, which one would you guys like? As far as I can tell, they're all essentially the same just in different parts of town.

Mar 4, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #28 of 141
I'd be interested to try out the E4000. I had the E5000 that I loved.

You can make a poll. We just might need more time as more people voice interest. If we decide to go with one of the Roseville buildings, which one would you guys like? As far as I can tell, they're all essentially the same just in different parts of town.
Personally I don’t mine too much but the most convenient would be whatever is closest to Snelling.

Mar 4, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #30 of 141
Were there any disadvantages to hosting at the Needle Doctor besides the mentioned space issue? I'm not sure of the tradeoffs involved. Going on nothing but what was said, the Roseville buildings seem better options.

At the moment I'm planning to bring some Foster-powered over ears (Denon D7000 & Fostex TH-X00) and a few IEM's (Campfire Andromeda & its S-tuned variant, and a Fiio FH5).
I'll have a Chord Mojo & Schiit Fulla there, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back