[Mini Shootout] Vsonic GR07 MKII vs Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS
Sep 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #76 of 93
Quote:
Interesting thanks for answering that. I missed my GR07 mkII delivery so now I have to wait until next next Monday since I'm leaving town. I need to hear these!

Be sure to post impressions on the main thread when you do

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #77 of 93
This comparison is very interesting. It's funny how people hear things differently, though sometimes the opinions seem to be so wildly different that it makes one think they're rather subjective. After all, I guess all reviews are a bit subjective, but somehow that's to be expected.

My GR07 have about 500 hours on them, and I keep them in their innovic case :). The only thing I like about the GR07 more than the FI-BA-SS is the cable length is 1.2 m and the cable from FI-BA-SS is 1.4m long. That's the only thing, I like a shorter cable. To me, the FI-BA-SS sound is much cleaner, fuller, much more enjoyable. I'm very curious about other options from people who own these both or have heard them long enough to do a comparison. It looks like James hasn't bought his own pair, otherwise his opinion would already be here.

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #78 of 93
This comparison is very interesting. It's funny how people hear things differently, though sometimes the opinions seem to be so wildly different that it makes one think they're rather subjective. After all, I guess all reviews are a bit subjective, but somehow that's to be expected.

My GR07 have about 500 hours on them, and I keep them in their innovic case :). The only thing I like about the GR07 more than the FI-BA-SS is the cable length is 1.2 m and the cable from FI-BA-SS is 1.4m long. That's the only thing, I like a shorter cable. To me, the FI-BA-SS sound is much cleaner, fuller, much more enjoyable. I'm very curious about other options from people who own these both or have heard them long enough to do a comparison. It looks like James hasn't bought his own pair, otherwise his opinion would already be here.

There is nothing subjective about the way I did my comparison.

I'm in awe of your pair's ability to somehow sound much fuller and cleaner at the same time. Maybe you could give us examples of songs that showcase its prowess.

For the last time, everything I put down here is a result of a/b switching on the specific songs I posted, at a listening volume I find comfortable. I have no agenda or affiliation with any audio company that would provide me with motivation to slander FAD.

James has bought his own pair. He'll post impressions when he's ready

Jan 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #79 of 93
It sounds both fuller and cleaner just like you got both offensive and defensive at the same time. I just posted my personal subjective impression, that's all. I'm glad you like your GR07, but to me, they're a great performer for the price, but cannot compare with the top IEMs.

Jan 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #81 of 93
I received my GR07 Mk2 on the same day I left for vacation last fall and took both IEMs along for the trip. With internet access limited to my mobile phone, I kept my impressions to short PM exchanges with Eke. Suffice to say, my take on the GR07 vs. FI-BA-SS has been more in line with Night Crawler's impressions than with Eke's, but I'd be the first to concede that the Vsonics represent much better value for the money than the FADs.

This thread has spawned some bad animosity and at least one fellow head-fier got banned in the aftermath. I still stand by my opinion that Eke's comparison and conclusions are to be respected, but I won't add fresh fuel to a fire that I've been glad to see die down.

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #82 of 93
I'm sorry, I had no intention to start or re-start any flames, and I meant no disrespect to to Eke's review or opinions. I'm not necessarily saying that the review is subjective, and I don't see why expressing a subjective opinion is a bad thing. I'm sure my opinion is subjective only because I like the FI-BA-SS more. I only tried to express my awe about the comparison, but haven't probably expressed it in the best way. Just like a few (or more than a few) other IEMs, the GR07 is a very good performer. Other than that, I've already expressed my feelings about them versus the FI-BA-SS.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #83 of 93
Quote:
There is nothing subjective about the way I did my comparison.

Wow.

Like one could call objective the way human mind and senses work from one individual to another.

If you want to come with objective facts the only way to do that in this field is measurements. Everything else is subjective.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #84 of 93
Wow.

Like one could call objective the way human mind and senses work from one individual to another.

If you want to come with objective facts the only way to do that in this field is measurements. Everything else is subjective.

Sigh.

If you read the posts, all I did was list the differences I heard. The subjective part came at the end of each comparison.

I'm pretty sick of this. Mods, please lock this thread.

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #85 of 93
Quote:
Sigh.

If you read the posts, all I did was list the differences I heard. The subjective part came at the end of each comparison.

I appreciate what you've done with this comparison and it's certainly relevant in my eyes. Kudos to you for the effort you put in here. It was a great read overall.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #86 of 93
Quote:
Sigh.

Oh, I read them. I was pointing out what I believe to be a mistake. As you know as well as anybody around here, one people's sibilance is another people's detail etc etc.

I didn't go into my own opinion about the two iems being discussed. It would be beating a dead horse.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #87 of 93
@ music listed

I'm loving the music u listed so far eke! Any others u would like to recommend? I enjoy listening to vocals for Beyonce, Adele, and Amy Lee for example... The song u listed for Lianne is sweet. :)

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #88 of 93
Quote:
I'm loving the music u listed so far eke! Any others u would like to recommend? I enjoy listening to vocals for Beyonce, Adele, and Amy Lee for example... The song u listed for Lianne is sweet.
smily_headphones1.gif

With pleasure! 
biggrin.gif

Anything by Mumford and Sons, City and Color, Regina Spektor (her newer album is fantastic), and Sara Bareilles' second album.

John Mayer's Continuum album is a timeless classic.

The Killers' Sam's Town is awesome.

You'll love The Flashbulb's Reunion on the GR07.

James Morrison's Undiscovered album is also great.

Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Mackelmore's The Heist, and The Roots' Undun are my three favorite rap albums.

YoYo Ma's Goat Rodeo Sessions album is a MUST HAVE for any audiophile.

That should be a good starting point. The longer you stick around this site, the more great music you'll pick up from great people.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back