Mini-Review: iBasso T3 portable amp
Jan 13, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #108 of 158
I remember reading in one of these threads that ibasso emailed someone back saying that the T3 sounds slightly better than the T3D. You might want to search all the threads you can find about it before deciding.

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #109 of 158
Interestingly enough that I don't find T3 to be better sounding than T3D when I am A/Bing them, at least not noticeable on the gears (s:flo2 line-out and eQ7) I use to test them. In fact I find T3D just a tiny bit cleaner than T3, but the difference is really negligible. It is however understandable the T3 could be slightly better sounding due to the extra circuit needed in the T3D, which adds more noise and uses up more power. I picked T3D instead of T3 mainly because digital volume control works better for my IEM and the small price difference isn't a big factor for me, given that I can't tell any significant SQ difference b/w them in the first place.

Jan 13, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #110 of 158
Interesting. Anyway, who's going to notice a very slight difference on the go, which is what they are for. I haven't heard the T3D, but I'm sure it's pretty much the same. I just love my T3. The sound that this tiny little thing puts out is amazing.

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #113 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesecakeFTW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I am wondering if getting a t3 for my ms1i:s would be a good idea?
my source is ipod touch 2g.

AAARRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!

I HAD A FOUR PARAGRAPH RESPONSE TYPED BUT HEAD-FI WENT DOWN BEFORE I HIT SEND. SO WITHOUT KNOWING HEAD-FI WAS DOWN WHEN I HIT SEND THE POST WENT INTO THE ETHER AND IS GONE...

I'm too pissed to bother with this right now. Freaking waste of time...

Jan 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #114 of 158
T3 comes with a 3,5mm > 3,5mm cable. I have a few lod cables (no expensive ones) and can highly recommend buying one from Audio Minor - the store on ebay is called compicatx. I'm really satisfied with the lod I bought from them, for $40. Great quality copper lod, and Bogac is a very nice guy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesecakeFTW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I am wondering if getting a t3 for my ms1i:s would be a good idea?
my source is ipod touch 2g.
Also, does it come with a LOD? If that's the case, is it good or do I need to buy an other one?

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #115 of 158
how do you think the T3 will compare to the mini^3 little dot mk1+ and total airhead when paired with a pair of grado 225I?

as these are the amps im interested in buying soon

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #116 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AAARRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!

I HAD A FOUR PARAGRAPH RESPONSE TYPED BUT HEAD-FI WENT DOWN BEFORE I HIT SEND. SO WITHOUT KNOWING HEAD-FI WAS DOWN WHEN I HIT SEND THE POST WENT INTO THE ETHER AND IS GONE...

I'm too pissed to bother with this right now. Freaking waste of time...

I feel your pain HPA, it happens to me all the time not just head-fi for other forum and online form.

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #117 of 158
In a nutshell, and not FOUR paragraphs long.

I tried the T3 with 3G Nano with a nice piccolino wire LOD. I compared the headphone out and amp.

Results - T3 will slightly improve the micro-detail, ambience, soundstage and warmth with MS-1 over the headphone out, but not greatly affect the power or bass impact. MS-1 don't need the amp as much as HD600 do. HD600 will play louder with more impact using T3 instead of headphone out, while getting the same benefit in detail, warmth and soundstage.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #118 of 158
if u can answer my question, when you get a chance that would be awesome.

how would u rank the t3 to the mini^3, headroom total bithead, and little dot mk1+

paired with grado 225I

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #119 of 158
Ok, thanks for the help guys, what I was looking for was a little better bass impact, and a "fuller" and "crispier" sound, maybe some soundstage..
But if it doesent really do much to the ms1i:s I think i'll wait and see what to do. I'd rather spend my money in something else in that case :p
Do you have any suggestions in another amp that would fit me? I'm quite low on cash
so anything mor expensive than the t3 would be a problem
wink.gif

Thanks again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back