Mini Review: Bada PH-12
Feb 17, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #151 of 244
I almost entered this discussion, but stopped myself in the nick of time.

Nice review aerius!

Somebody please pass the popcorn!!
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #152 of 244
Originally Posted by drarthurwells
Those who reject any difference of opinion stay imprisoned in their ignorance.

As I often have said, the SA5000 is the best dynamic headphone for under$2000 . . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
I'd be curious to know how you would square these two statments . Perhaps it is at the root of some of the disagreements that are being discussed in this thread?

Art: Yes, I am offering a difference of opinion in relation to the opinion held by many. Those who reject my opinion without a thorough examination of it could remain in ignorance, but only if I am right.

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #153 of 244
Quote:

Art: When are you going to have the owner of the Bada PH12, that you listened to, contact me at drarthurwells@hotmail.com ?

aerius: Completely irrelevant to the discussion.

And you still haven't answered the points.

Art: Wonder why you don't want the Bada PH12 owner of the amp you listened to communicate with me? Again you say I evade when it is you who evade.

I believe my past posts have covered all points. What points specifically would you like me to address (no links just a clear statement).

Quote:

Evasive games?

When are you going to have the owner of the Bada PH12, that you listened to, contact me at drarthurwells@hotmail.com ?

Just curious Art .... why would you insist aerius have the owner of the amp contact you? Why would the owner even bother? He let some guy listen to his amp. Why would he need feel the need to contact you?
confused.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #154 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
I almost entered this discussion, but stopped myself in the nick of time.

Nice review aerius!

Somebody please pass the popcorn!!
tongue.gif

Hmm, no popcorn here, but I've got some churros!
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #155 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryman
I have followed this thread as well as other Bada PH12 and Eastsound CD-E5 threads with interest, as I am on the verge of ordering the Eastsound from Cattylink. Since I am already ordering, I am tempted to add the Bada PH12 to the order. I would really appreciate it if Dr. Arthur Wells would allow his Bada PH12 to be heard at a Head-Fi meet somewhere. Honestly, my only agenda is to get more impressions of the Bada so I can have more information/opinions/impressions before placing my order with Cattylink. It seems like Dr. Wells could do a good thing for the community by having the Bada evaluated by other Head-Fiers at a meet, without conditions regarding which tubes are used and which other amps may be listened to within a five day period. It does seem like Dr. Wells has incredibly favorable opinions of the Bada PH12, as well as favorable opinions of the BLAudio LP-1. He displays and links both in his signature, and I believe he has offered in the past to allow Head-Fi folks to audition either if they pay for shipping both ways. Anyway, it would help me if he would allow others to evaluate the Bada PH12 at a meet. I like to hear impressions from as many people as possible. And yes, others impressions do have some influence over whether I will decide to order this amp from Cattylink or not. I realize I may dislike it even though others love it, or love it even though others dislike it. I would still rather have others impressions/opinions before ordering. If this amp was sold by HeadRoom, I would buy it in one second because I know I could return it with minimal shipping costs if I dislike it. However, the thought of possibly wanting to return this amp to Hong Kong and the shipping costs associated with that is keeping me on the fence. I think additional impressions of the amp would be a good thing.

Its a gamble. Wait until I get a FEEL HP200 and review it. It looks like I will have to have it if it checks out as real good.

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #156 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Just curious Art .... why would you insist aerius have the owner of the amp contact you? Why would the owner even bother? He let some guy listen to his amp. Why would he need feel the need to contact you?
confused.gif

Art: Just curious as to why you don't think it funny that aerius won't allow any contact.

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #157 of 244
Quote:

Its a gamble. Wait until I get a FEEL HP200 and review it. It looks like I will have to have it if it checks out as real good.

some pics for you FEEL fans!

16_41099.jpg

2_26143.jpg

16_41097.jpg

do review that and other amp before stating things like "bada tops them all" ....makes you look narrow minded

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #158 of 244
Need data please:

Is it a class A with no negative feedback design?

What tubes is it supplied with?

What headphone impedance range?

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #159 of 244
Quote:

Need data please:

you find that out. I am giving others options..I don't have this amp.

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #160 of 244
I'd like to remind everyone that we don't ARGUE in these threads, we DISCUSS. So long as we do the latter, the thread will remain unlocked. Thanks....

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #161 of 244
Dr. Wells, could you please list all dynamic headphone amps you have listened to?

Nice review aerius.
cool.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #162 of 244

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
you find that out. I am giving others options..I don't have this amp.

I understand. But since you visit the Chinese forums I thought you could find out the info.

You mentioned the FEEL long ago but I didn't realize then that it was a hybrid. I would order one if I thought it could be better than the Bada PH12.

Someone out there owns one - please give us info!

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #163 of 244
The SE version is the deluxe model and is Y3500

FEEL耳机放大器
产品型号:HP200SE
产品编号:B02001
产品简评:HP200豪华版,胆石混合的精心之作,由前级电压放大器+MOSFET耳机推动级 构成

● 技术指标:
频率响应:5Hz~500kHz(±0.5dB)
总谐波失真:<0.08%(10kHz),<0.04%(1kHz)
信噪比:>96dB(不计权)
通道隔离度:>77dB
输出阻抗:<1Ω
负载范围:200~600Ω(高阻接口)
16~200Ω(低阻接口)
输出电压:20Vrms(THD+N=0.5%)
输出功率:>10W(32Ω)
>650mW(600Ω)
电源消耗:65W
重量:12.5kg
尺寸:300×300×130(长×宽×高)

● 产品配置:
①豪华版电子管换为俄制的顶级金字金脚的12AX7EH和12AU7EH;
②豪华版电子管座换为金脚座;
③豪华版前级和功放级的两只耦合电容由普通MKP电容换为高档的MIT电容;
④RCA插座为进口镀金座,标准版是国产镀金座;
⑤豪华版的两个耳机播孔配瑞士NEUTRIK原厂产专用音频插件。
其它部份与标准版相同

Translation? Babelfish:
FEEL earphone amplifier product model: HP200SE product serial number: B02001 product Jan Ping: The HP200 luxurious version, 胆石 mix careful work, 推动级 constitutes by the front level voltage amplifier +MOSFET earphone * Technical specification: Frequency response: 5Hz~500kHz (±0.5dB) total harmonic distortion: 96dB (does not count power) channel isolation: 77dB output impedance: 10W (32 Omega) 650mW (600 Omega) power source consumption: 65W weight: 12.5kg size: 300×300×130 (long * width * is high) * Product disposition: (1) The luxurious version electron 管换 goes against level Jin Zijin foot 12AX7EH and 12AU7EH for the Russia system; (2) The luxurious version tube socket trades for Jin Jiazuo; (3) In front of the luxurious version the level and the merit put the level two coupling capacity to trade by the ordinary MKP electric capacity for the upscale MIT electric capacity; (4) The RCA plug for the import gold-plating place, the standard version is the domestically produced gold-plating place; (5) The luxurious version two ears machine sowing hole matches the Swiss NEUTRIK original factory to produce the special-purpose audio frequency plug-in unit. Other parts and the standard version are same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back