Mini balanced to 3.5mm. adapter ... in my way.
Jul 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #61 of 94
Jul 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #62 of 94
Jul 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #64 of 94
My pasa thai is very poor...:)

I was stay in BKK for working 2004~2005 6month......:)

North of thai... chiang mai or chiang rai...sorry only I remeber that city only. :) 

Jul 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #66 of 94
Recently I kinda requested (challenged?) Komkrit to create a mini balanced to single ended 3.5mm adapter. This one is a little different as it's not a Kobiconn balanced plug but rather a 3.5mm TRRS instead. To my amazement of Komkrit's talent he made one not from using TRRS jack, but from a standard SE 3.5mm jack and converted it into a TRRS manually, then put that whole jack into a Viablue 3.5mm plug.

These are the photos of the results of the adapter he sent to me. He also shared with me photos during the making of it but I'll let him share those photos should he chooses to do so.

Great job Komkrit! Once I get my Tralucent Uber balanced TRRS cable back from Russia, I'll give this adapter a shot. Thank you so much again!

Jul 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #67 of 94
Quote:
Recently I kinda requested (challenged?) Komkrit to create a mini balanced to single ended 3.5mm adapter. This one is a little different as it's not a Kobiconn balanced plug but rather a 3.5mm TRRS instead. To my amazement of Komkrit's talent he made one not from using TRRS jack, but from a standard SE 3.5mm jack and converted it into a TRRS manually, then put that whole jack into a Viablue 3.5mm plug.

These are the photos of the results of the adapter he sent to me. He also shared with me photos during the making of it but I'll let him share those photos should he chooses to do so.

Great job Komkrit! Once I get my Tralucent Uber balanced TRRS cable back from Russia, I'll give this adapter a shot. Thank you so much again!

This looks amazing.  I would really like to get one too, and to make it more challenging, can it be in the form of a normal 3.5mm right-angled plug!?  I'd still be interested to get this same one as Anakchan got.....

Komkrit U da man!  

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #68 of 94
Quote:

This looks amazing.  I would really like to get one too, and to make it more challenging, can it be in the form of a normal 3.5mm right-angled plug!?  I'd still be interested to get this same one as Anakchan got.....

Komkrit U da man!  

Thanks kkcc.
smile.gif

I will collect all pictures and data,then I will post at DIY forums later.
I hope that everyone can DIY it like me, and can apply to another type of this adapter.

Quote:

Thank you AnakChan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Your last picture is very clear for the fourth pin.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #69 of 94
Thanks kkcc.:smile:
I will collect all pictures and data,then I will post at DIY forums later.
I hope that everyone can DIY it like me, and can apply to another type of this adapter.

Thank you AnakChan.:)
Your last picture is very clear for the fourth pin.

Looking forward to it. In fact I have started to source the parts as much as I can identify from anakchan's pics but seems to be stuck with the female trrs connector......

Have to thank you again for your excellent work and sharing to the community!!

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #70 of 94
Quote:
Looking forward to it. In fact I have started to source the parts as much as I can identify from anakchan's pics but seems to be stuck with the female trrs connector......

Komkrit actually made his own female trrs connector rather than buy a generic one to slim it to fit into the Viablue. That's why I'm so amazed by his work 'cos he actually -made- the female connector himself.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #71 of 94
Komkrit actually made his own female trrs connector rather than buy a generic one to slim it to fit into the Viablue. That's why I'm so amazed by his work 'cos he actually -made- the female connector himself.

mind_blown.gif

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

Sad face.... probably beyond my lvl 5 crafting skillz

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #72 of 94
Some picture of my work.

The last picture in AnakChan post can see very clear of extra pin for contact with S...sleeve.

For the details I will post later. ( so many pictures and data )
o2smile.gif

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #73 of 94

This is the thread for DIY balanced TRRS to single ended TRS adapter.
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/675333/trrs-to-trs-adapter-3-5mm-balanced-trrs-to-single-ended-trs-adapter

Aug 5, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #74 of 94
All this stuff... Wow. Such craftsmanship and inventiveness! I especially love how you took it upon yourself to make your own TRRS jack. Niiiiiiice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back