Milwaukee meet
Jan 9, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #46 of 54
I'm definitely coming now.... I hope the meet happens! I'm a complete and utter newbie to the world of Audiophiety (if that's a word!). But I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, and hearing some bitchin' stuff. Can we bring our own music? And if so, should we bring any sources as well? I for one have the following (portable enough to bring):

My Good looks
rolleyes.gif

Grado SR60--that I just received!!

Sony V600--HAH.. I'm not gonna bring that....

2nd Gen 20GB iPod (no dock)

Sony EX70LP (the white ones)

After this meet... I'm gonna order one of the big boys... HD650... CD3000... which one? Stay tuned.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #47 of 54
Com'on, bring the V-600, i wanna see how much they suck
smily_headphones1.gif

Strangely, the library where i'm planning to host this hasn't gotten back to me yet, i'll check down there tommorow, and see what the situation is. I doubt that we have anything to worry about, but i want to be 100% sure before i start giving out information.

Jan 9, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by xaipemw
Can we bring our own music? And if so, should we bring any sources as well?

I brought my own music to the Chicago meet and they only flogged me fourteen times...
tongue.gif

Seriously though, it's good to bring your music so you can compare things with music you're familiar with. I personally plan to bring a Slappa case filled to the brim with Queen, Stones and the odd jazz or classical CD thrown in.

Jan 9, 2004 at 2:37 PM Post #49 of 54
I've spoken with Todd the Vinyl Junkie and he has agreed to ship in some product for us. What a guy! I believe he is out at CES so I need to confirm but this is what I’m hoping for from him:

Sophia Baby amp,
HD650s,
AKG K1000 Equinox cable ,
DiMarzio M-Path interconnects
Beyer DT880 ( maybe )

I have my gear that I’ll be hauling for sure.

AKG K1000's with some homebrew cable ( Canare, Berktech ),
International Audio Group SE EL 84 amp,
Stan Warren modded Teac Cd player
AKG 501’s.

I’m toying with the idea of bringing my record player but that’s a long shot.

Jan 9, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #50 of 54
what day is the wisconsin meeting? is this a bigger room? Is Todd being there as tubed roller? I have much expensive equipmet fred makes me buy to bring. i have VPI HRx table and Lyra needle to bring. I have Music fidelity trivista to bring and many intercables.

Jan 10, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #51 of 54
I am out. I have double booked myself. I'm due in Iowa for women's basketball. My team sucks this year. I'd much rather hear that Blockhead again.

Sorry, rando. You'll have to navigate this one alone.

Jan 11, 2004 at 2:00 AM Post #52 of 54
I haven't heard anything from the staff of the hosting facilties, however, looking over their information, i'm under the impression that they will only contact me if there's a problem. I'm obiviously going to confirm this before the meet itself, but i'll post information at this time (which is subject to change) I apoligize about not posting spefic details earlier, but if problems were to arise, it would be much easier to deal with them if i hadn't announced spefic times, dates and locations. As soon as i can completely confirm things, i'll contact jude and get this on the front page.

The meet will take place between 12:00-4:00 on Saturday the 17th of janurary at the Shorewood Public Library, 3920 N. Murray Ave, Shorewood, WI 53211. It will be in the north side meeting hall (I'll see if i can get signs posted for directions) and the room is fairly large. Think slightly smaller than the chicago meeting room, with probably half the total number of attendies. Parking is plentiful, and isn't something that needs to be worried about.

All are welcome, and if people have friends who are intrested in comming, i encourage you to bring them along. I can't put together a gear list at this time because i have not talked to all attendies, but i assure you, this one is worth going to.
smily_headphones1.gif
If anyone has any more questions.

At this point, i encourage everyone to bring powerstrips/surge protectors, one potentional issue is that of power output, the meeting room only has 5 wall outlets, so we're going to have to take that problem into our own hands. Also, bring any extra sources you have lying around, lack of sources could potentionally be a problem.

I also encourage anyone in the chicago area to attend this meet, as at this time, the future of the chicago meets are uncertain (and i won't comment more on that at this time). Oh, and john_jcb, you owe me 15 bucks for the rootbeer.

(Post edited to correct time)

Jan 12, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #53 of 54
It is true that tubed-fred-roller is not coming at head-fi anymore? I talks to him today and he says that he is not at head-fi and not having the meetings at chicago. Do you talk to him to tel you soemthing the same thing? this is too bad for tubed. Why is he not coming back to head-fi for long? dose he say why here at head-fi for now? he is not telling me as to why he is not here. this is too bad.

Jan 12, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #54 of 54
Also, the room is now confirmed, i'll get it on the front page with one minor change. The meet time is now from noon to four, due to the restrictions of the library staff. Otherwise, everything looks great, i hope that all of you can get up here for the meet. It should be a great time for everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

As for tuberoller, he's told me that he in the future will not be organizing the chicago meets, and i can't say any more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back