Milwaukee meet
Jan 3, 2004 at 8:28 AM Post #32 of 54
Yeah, there was a slight miscommunication about the whole situation, so i won't be able to confirm things until monday. Sorry about that guys

Jan 4, 2004 at 2:01 AM Post #33 of 54
Hi guys,

Assuming that the meet is still on for Saturday the 17th (two weeks from now) I should be able to make it now. I asked off of work, so hopefully it'll be alright.

I'm looking forward to seeing (and hearing!) the meet!

Jan 5, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #34 of 54
If there is one more spot available, I would like to come, I will bring Emmeline HR-2, Emmeline XP-7 with dedicated power supply & the EmmelineII, The Stealth, with Meridian 508 24 bit CD player.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Jan 5, 2004 at 10:11 PM Post #35 of 54
Ok, i put in the application today, and everything should work out great, all of the spots are open, and we have a large and wonderful room avaible to us. I'll be sure to keep you all updated about what happens with this, but there's a 95% chance that everything will work out just fine. I'll also post an address and directions as soon as everything is 100%

I'd be great if you could start posting gear lists at this time.

And ray, you're more than welcome to come, but under the rules of the place where i'm holding the meet, you would be unable to sell any gear at the meet itself. You're invited as a fellow headphone enthusist, and a friend, but not as a dealer
wink.gif

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks

I'd be great if you could start posting gear lists at this time.

Barring any unforseen complications, I can bring the following:

Meta42 (w/ AD8620, Elna's, Stacked EL2002's, Class A, Crossfeed)
Sony D-E900 PCDP (Awesome line out for a portable!)
Panasonic SL-CT570 PCDP
Grado SR 80
Senns HD 280 Pro

I don't have quality interconnects. Hopefully, I can try some at the meet.

...and with luck I'll have my SDS Labs amplifier done by then!

Edit: I can also bring my Koss KSC 35 and iRiver IFP390T

Jan 6, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by Ray Samuels
If there is one more spot available, I would like to come, I will bring Emmeline HR-2, Emmeline XP-7 with dedicated power supply & the EmmelineII, The Stealth, with Meridian 508 24 bit CD player.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Hi Ray,
I hope you make it. I would love to have the chance to listen to your amps!

Jan 8, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #40 of 54
This is the meeting in Wisconsin? Where is this to Northside of Chicago? Is Tubed doing this meeting with his audio components?Fred is on holiday and doesnt pick up the phone. Is the Block heed coming to this meeting in wisconsin.

Jan 8, 2004 at 11:31 PM Post #42 of 54
The meet is in a suburb of milwaukee. Strangely, i haven't gotten a confirmation call on the room yet, i'm going to go down there tommorow and get everything established for sure. At that time, i'll post time and address information.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to the meet, it would be great seeing some new faces at this meet. The only rule is audio dealers are welcome, but they are unable to sell anything at the meet, due to the rules of the library where the meet is being hosted.

And, i do believe the blockhead will be there, fred's the only one who can confirm that one for sure.

Edit: I'm not sure what's going to be avaible in the way of translators. I've got a first-graders knowlege of french, but i doubt that's useful to you. If there's anyone who's comming who would be able to help angel, please do contact him/her about it.

Jan 9, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #43 of 54
Unless something changes in the next week (which it might) my gear will be:

Meridian 508.20
Blues 8 headphone amp/preamp
Sennheiser HD650's
Various cables including my own.

Jan 9, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #44 of 54
My gear:
Koss Portapros
Sony V6s (probably)
Beyer DT770 Pro
Jung multiloop amp
A47 amp
M-audio Sonica (on laptop)
DIY Canare ICs
Sony D-EJ756 (decent modern portable)
HHPS, if I have room

I also have an extra Elpac WM063 to bring if anyone wants it. PM me for a price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back