Milwaukee area meet: Sunday, June 3rd, 2007
Apr 5, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #91 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3ta1head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just bring a guitar controller.

Oh and Father Schu, fly out a month early
very_evil_smiley.gif

Out of curiosity, did you get one of the good controllers or one with a faulty whammy bar? I picked up two copies of the game, one has a good controller, one has a bad one.

Apr 5, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #92 of 162
I've got a couple "axes" as well.
tongue.gif

EDIT: Ack, for PS2. Totally not paying attention...

Apr 6, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #93 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiosity, did you get one of the good controllers or one with a faulty whammy bar? I picked up two copies of the game, one has a good controller, one has a bad one.

It's my friend's copy of the game, but the controller is ace, so no problems there.

Think a 32" ish EDTV will be enough? I don't think I need to bring anything more than a 480p LCD for guitar hero, right?

Apr 7, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #96 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiosceptic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just realized this is now on a Sunday and I can make it. I especially want to hear the B-52. I can bring some things in my signature if people are interested.

I'd be quite interested in hearing the L3000 and the Stax if you wouldn't mind bringing them.

Apr 18, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #97 of 162
Alright, everyone-this event has officially been set in stone!
smily_headphones1.gif

We have the lower level of the Logemann Community center rented out from 12pm to 6pm. The room is more than adequate-it is cozy, fairly sized, and has more than enough power outlets. We have access to 12ft long tables and plenty of chairs-we are definitely set. Additionally, there is a walk in basement entrance directly into the room from the back of the building; that is where everyone will enter with their equipment. We also have access to the lower level kitchen with a sink, microwave, countertop, and pizza oven.

The lady at the Logemann kindly reduced the rent cost simply because not only do I know her fairly well, I have also planned an event at the Logemann previously. We will be charged $25/hr for 1-5pm, bringing the total rent cost to $125. Mr. Ray Samuels has generously offered to cover this cost, so everyone should make sure to THANK HIM not only for sponsoring this event, but also for offering to haul all of his expensive equipment to the meet!
biggrin.gif
(Yes, I can hardly wait to hear that B-52)

Food shouldn't be a problem-we can order pizza and have it delivered directly, we can get frozen pizza, etc...it doesn't really matter. There's plenty of places to eat around the community center, so we definitely shouldn't have any trouble satisfying everyone at the meet.

I will be arriving at the center shortly after 12pm along with a few other members to start setting up tables and chairs and running power extensions. Plan to show up around 12:25-12:45 to setup so we can really take off by the time it is 1pm. This would give us about 5 and a half solid hours of time to listen and eat. Around 5:30pm, everyone should be getting ready to pack up. The meet will officially end at 6pm, and we should be out of the building at around that time. I will probably stay behind with a few friends and clean up and finalize everything before leaving.

If there is a strong interest, we can very well extend the meet by a few hours-it is ours for the night if we wish. Obviously, this would mean $25 per additional hour. If the meet is going very strong and things are picking up, I see no problem in extending the meet to 7 or 8pm-we should have no problem chipping in and covering the rent for 2 or 3 hours.

If anyone has any questions, please let me or Gil know. This event has really shaped up, and I do hope to see most of you there!
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #98 of 162
Sounds awesome! I am getting anxious. I plan to be there as close to noon as I can to help set up, provided I don't get lost
tongue.gif
. Next time I see you online, there are a few preparations we can discuss, but it is all minor, mainly food related.

That said, I would like to nail down the rules of our little giveaway, and there are two things I would like input on. Foremost, is cost. I am thinking about making the tickets $10 a piece. That seems to be a fair and affordable amount, but at the same time substantial enough that just a few tickets will add up quickly.

My other concern, is well, myself. I would very much so like to be a part of this giveaway, both because it is good odds, and because it is a chance to help support head-fi. However, should my name be drawn, I would not want anyone to suspect foul play. As such, I will put the decision of whether or not I can participate into the attendees hands. If you will have a problem with me participating, please say so, either here, or privately. If you wish to remain anonymous to me, PM m3ta1head. If even one person objects, in all fairness, I will not participate, and no hard feelings will be had. If no one objects, I will have a ticket or two in the hat, and if my name comes up, que sera sera. I will not be tieing m3ta1head to the giveaway so that he may be free to enter unconditionally.

So, thats it. I am drafting the rules right now, and as soon as I get some input, I will get them finalized. Once they are up, I will allow people to pay with paypal and get their name in the hat now. I will also have tickets to purchase at the meet, so if you would rather pay with cash, or wait till the da y of the meet to get them, that is fine too.

Also, if you guys want, reply with your real names, and I will add them to the first post. It is weird to address people in real life by their forum handle
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #99 of 162
I think we could arrange for someone not involved in the meet to draw names for the raffle. That shouldn't be a problem.

I will contact you on instant messenger later today so we can work out some of the finer details.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #100 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3ta1head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we could arrange for someone not involved in the meet to draw names for the raffle. That shouldn't be a problem.

I will contact you on instant messenger later today so we can work out some of the finer details.

That is, assuming there is someone there who did not put their name in who is willing to be put on the spot picking names
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #101 of 162
Hello all. I hope to attend as well. Will bring my iPod - Hornet - 990s combo in my sig. The starter rig (PA2V2 and SR60s) will be with me as well if I have not sold it yet. Put me down for at least one raffle ticket as well.

Finally, I will be coming from the NW 'burbs (I live about 1 hour NW of Chicago). If anyone needs a ride, please PM me.

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #102 of 162
Is anyone who is planning to attend the owner of a RWA iMod? I am dying to hear one.

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #103 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello all. I hope to attend as well. Will bring my iPod - Hornet - 990s combo in my sig. The starter rig (PA2V2 and SR60s) will be with me as well if I have not sold it yet. Put me down for at least one raffle ticket as well.

Finally, I will be coming from the NW 'burbs (I live about 1 hour NW of Chicago). If anyone needs a ride, please PM me.

Sounds good-hope to see you there!
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #105 of 162
I don't know if I can/should invite myself to the shindig... but my inlaws are not too far from that region, assuming no further complications with work I think myself my wife and whatever collection of assorted audio equipment I can muster will be there.

Depends slightly on whether or not my buddy is in town, but I know he wouldn't have a problem with me dragging his RS-2's and AKG 601's if I buy him a sixpack. (He owes me, so it's not like he can back out =p)

My own gear is pretty meager, but the SR 80's I've got and Ultrasone's i'm hoping to grab will be there if I can make the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back