Milwaukee area meet: Sunday, June 3rd, 2007
Mar 13, 2007 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 162

Gil Schwartzman

500+ Head-Fier
It's official! The meet is being held Sunday, June 3rd at the Logemann Community Center in Mequon, WI, just outside of Milwaukee. The event will be held officially from 1PM to 6PM but we will have the place rented out starting at noon, which gives us an hour of set up time before things kick off. Feel free to roll in any time between 12 and 1. It is well located in a quiet area, and is a very easy drive from the Chicago area. The event is open to anyone at no cost. It is being organized by myself and m3ta1head. We are very happy to announce that Ray Samuels is going to be present, with his full line up of amps (including B-52), and even the possibility of something new! In addition to that, we are already shaping up to have an impressive gear list from others. Please, even if you don't have any gear to bring, feel free to come and listen, and mingle with fellow head-fi'ers.

Ray has very graciously offered to cover the cost of rent for us. A HUGE thanks to Ray for this. However, if anyone is able to donate money, it would be appreciated. Any and all donations will go towards the cost of food, and any left over money will be donated to head-fi.

Attendee and Gear List
----------------------

Gil Schwartzman (2)
-Alessandro MS-2i (Recabled)
-ATH-A700 (Recabled)
-HD580 w/ 600 Grills and 650 Cable
-ATH-SJ5 Recabled
-Mister X Millet Hybrid (may or may not have matching STEPS)
-Mister X Little XP
-Sony CD595 SACD
-Xbox 360 w/Guitar Hero II and 2 Guitars

m3ta1head (four coming) (1)(1)(1)
-HD595 x2
-DT770
-AD900 Recabled
-Frets on Fire

Leif Ericson (2)

Ray Samuels
-Everything :p

vberch (1)
-RS-1
-SR-60
-K701
-HD600/Cardas cable
-HD580/HD650cable/Red Jaspis
-ER4S
-SinglePower Extreme
-Corda Aria
-Corda Porta

Absorbine_Sr (2)
-K701
-HD650's with Headphile V2
-K81DJ
-Lacewood Darth Beyer (maybe)
-Zana Deux
-EC-SS
-DAC-AH
-Musical Fidelity X-RAY v3

MoreCowbell (2) (two coming)
-???

GLF (2)
-Senn 650 w/ Cardas
-Grado SR225
-Sony C333ES
-Curcio DAC
-Bottlehead Foreplay III
-Bottlehead S.E.X.

jeffro (2)
-Grado HF-1

audiosceptic
-???

terriblepaulz (2)
-iPod
-RSA Hornet
-DT990

Redo (2)
-???

bnieman
-???

Unconfirmed:
Kilane
mjb
swduncan

I am pleased to announce, we will be holding a raffle to raise money for Head-Fi at the meet. Currently, the following will be present to be raffled off...

Etymotic - ER-4P earphones and a P-to-S conversion cable
V-moda - Six pairs for Gunmetal Black Vibes
Qables - Four Qables Cables (Three Ipod dock, one Mini-Mini)

The rules are as follows:

1. Entry is open to EVERYONE (me included
tongue.gif
)
2. One raffle ticket is $10
3. Each person can purchase a maximum of two tickets
4. You can only win once

Every single dollar will be donated directly to Head-Fi. Due to recent updates, we CANNOT hold this at the meet, due to needing a permit. So, I have dispatched a PM to everyone who has posted in this thread with more details. The raffle will be held before the meet. I will put in parenthesis next to everyones name the number of raffle tickets that person has purchased, if they do purchase them. If I do not hear from everyone before the meet, the raffle will be delayed until after the meet is over, and prizes will be shipped.

Directions:

map2f6d0a1aot1.jpg

map1f77dc0fjj8.jpg

From Chicago:
Get onto I-90W/I-94 W and continue to follow I-94W. Be prepared to pay tolls. Continue through Gurnee and cross into Wisconsin. Follow I-94W for approximately 75 miles until you approach downtown Milwaukee. Continue straight and merge onto I-43N/Green Bay. Drive for approximately 14 miles until you reach Exit 85. Turn left onto Mequon Rd/Hwy 167. Continue for about 3 miles. You will cross Homestead Highschool on the right (huge campus) immediately before you go down a hill and cross the Milwaukee river and Cedarburg Rd. You will see a cemetery on the right with a huge tank in the lawn and a Piggly Wiggly on the left. The Logemann Center is the driveway directly before the railroad tracks on the right. If you cross the railroad tracks and start going up the hill towards the Mequon Police/Fire station on the right, you've gone too far.

mapjg2.png

For anyone wishing to use Mapquest to find there own route, the address is:

6100 West Mequon Road
Mequon Wisconsin 53092

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 162
I'll get the details on how much rent is going to cost.

How about a May/June meet? I think that will give everyone enough time to plan the trip up here.

Mequon and neighboring Thiensville is a quaint little town, by the way. The people here are very nice. The trip here is easy too-literally, up I-94 through I-43, exit 85, head west for three miles, and you're there
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3ta1head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll get the details on how much rent is going to cost.

How about a May/June meet? I think that will give everyone enough time to plan the trip up here.

Mequon and neighboring Thiensville is a quaint little town, by the way. The people here are very nice. The trip here is easy too-literally, up I-94 through I-43, exit 85, head west for three miles, and you're there
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep... really easy drive from Chicago area. May/June would work well. Gives time to warm up a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if its in june or late may i might be able to attend..

thats right, i do live in the northwest..hahah

Idaho isn't quite the northwest big cat. You also have to remember, I don't have my own place anymore. I don't think i'd go to my parents... I'd probably stay with Erin. You woudln't be able to stay with me.

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Idaho isn't quite the northwest big cat. You also have to remember, I don't have my own place anymore. You probably woudln't be able to stay with me.

heres your geography lesson...

topattractions.gif

i could probably just get a hotel in chicago or something since ill be there longer then just a few days

Mar 14, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 162
Alright, so admission will probably be $10 per person solely to cover rent charges.

There's a Piggly Wiggly right across the road from the Center, and a full kitchen inside the Center itself with a serving counter, so we can stock up on Jacks
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #11 of 162
Quote:

That's fantastic!
biggrin.gif

It excited the heck out of me. I have yet to ask what sort of gear we could expect, I'll wager its still to early to determine that, but man, the prospect of a B-52, or any of his amps being that, excites me.

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #12 of 162
That's great, I am in!

I'll bring an RS-1, SR-60, K701, HD600/Cardas cable, HD580/HD650cable/Red Jaspis, ER4S, SinglePower Extreme, Corda Aria, and Corda Porta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been talking to m3ta1head about the possibility of a Milwaukee area meet. Specifially, Mequon, at the Logemann Community Center. m3ta1head knows the people there, and has used it in the past, and believes it would suit a meet well. I'd love to see it happen myself. It's a bit of a drive for me, but I'd rather go to a little town like Mequon than fight city traffic to a Chicago meet. So, if him and I were able to put something together, who would be interested?

BTW... there would likely be an admission fee. Very small, likely $10. Just enough to cover renting out the place for a day. More on that when we get some figures. I also sent emails to both Shure and Ray Samuels, who are both in the area. I don't know if anything will become of it, but it never hurts to ask.
wink.gif

EDIT: I got a response from Ray Samuels, who said he would be honored to attend!
eggosmile.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #13 of 162
How about contacting Etymotic Research? They are also in the area.

Quote:

I also sent emails to both Shure and Ray Samuels, who are both in the area.

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #14 of 162
I'm in as well. I can bring ER4S and a very early Airhead.

$10 is no problem.

I would be looking forward to trying a Tomahawk, Hornet and any other similar amps anyone could bring.

WHEN?

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #15 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by swduncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in as well. I can bring ER4S and a very early Airhead.

$10 is no problem.

I would be looking forward to trying a Tomahawk, Hornet and any other similar amps anyone could bring.

WHEN?

No date yet, but were looking at late may, early june

Users who are viewing this thread

Back