Milwaukee area meet: Sunday, June 3rd, 2007
Mar 16, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #18 of 162
Alriighty. I just got off the phone with Joni. Things get complicated.

We have two options. We can use the main hall of the Logemann, which would be perfect for our needs, but renting out the place is going to cost $60/hr. I did try, but I couldn't get a nice discount for us-this is just too big of an event. We can also use the basement of the Logemann, which is nicely equipped for 25 people for $25/hr. This is a lot more reasonable, and although it might end up being $20-30 for admission, I think it would be worth it.

I'm going to personally go and check out this basement area to see if it would suit our needs.

Here's what I need: A definite count of how many people are going to be there. We also need to decide on a date. Perhaps a weekend in late May or early June? You guys need to tell me when you'd be able to make the trip up here.

Once we have a couple of definite dates in mind, I can have them reserved. Then, it's just a matter of people showing up and not bailing last minute. This is going to cost a bit of money, so unless someone can think of an alternative....we're all going to have to cough up some cash to pay off this thing.

How long do these meets usually last? How many people end up showing up?

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #19 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3ta1head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alriighty. I just got off the phone with Joni. Things get complicated.

We have two options. We can use the main hall of the Logemann, which would be perfect for our needs, but renting out the place is going to cost $60/hr. I did try, but I couldn't get a nice discount for us-this is just too big of an event. We can also use the basement of the Logemann, which is nicely equipped for 25 people for $25/hr. This is a lot more reasonable, and although it might end up being $20-30 for admission, I think it would be worth it.

I'm going to personally go and check out this basement area to see if it would suit our needs.

Here's what I need: A definite count of how many people are going to be there. We also need to decide on a date. Perhaps a weekend in late May or early June? You guys need to tell me when you'd be able to make the trip up here.

Once we have a couple of definite dates in mind, I can have them reserved. Then, it's just a matter of people showing up and not bailing last minute. This is going to cost a bit of money, so unless someone can think of an alternative....we're all going to have to cough up some cash to pay off this thing.

How long do these meets usually last? How many people end up showing up?

That basement could work well actually, a few things permitting. $25 an hour is not bad at all. We could rent it out for 4 hours, and 10 people at $10 each would cover it. Even if we wanted to rent it out for 8 hours at $200... with enough people confirmed coming, we could probably get the price down to something pretty reasonable.

A few things permitting though: 1.) Does the basement have a decent power setup? 2.) Basement have chairs and tables? 3.) Basement have kitchen (or can we use the kitchen wherever it may be?).

As far as a date goes, how about something like Sunday, June 3rd. It's the first week in June, so it should be warm. Its a weekend so folks in school could still be there. Those of use who work, usually have Sunday off. Seems to be the most logical day. Unless someone has a better suggestion, shall we focus on that? Hypothetically, if thats the date, who can guarantee attendance, at the cost of $10-$20 a person? I'd like to start a headcount. Also, I'd like to get a gear list going as well.

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #20 of 162
Count me in for June 3rd.

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #21 of 162
I would definitely drive down there for that! Being a relative newbie at this whole head-fi thing I don't think I have a lot to offer. I could bring my new ATH-A900s I guess...

but yeah, count me in.

Mar 16, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #22 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That basement could work well actually, a few things permitting. $25 an hour is not bad at all. We could rent it out for 4 hours, and 10 people at $10 each would cover it. Even if we wanted to rent it out for 8 hours at $200... with enough people confirmed coming, we could probably get the price down to something pretty reasonable.

A few things permitting though: 1.) Does the basement have a decent power setup? 2.) Basement have chairs and tables? 3.) Basement have kitchen (or can we use the kitchen wherever it may be?).

As far as a date goes, how about something like Sunday, June 3rd. It's the first week in June, so it should be warm. Its a weekend so folks in school could still be there. Those of use who work, usually have Sunday off. Seems to be the most logical day. Unless someone has a better suggestion, shall we focus on that? Hypothetically, if that's the date, who can guarantee attendance, at the cost of $10-$20 a person? I'd like to start a headcount. Also, I'd like to get a gear list going as well.

That's not bad of a price at all, usually the host will pay it and ask for any help if needed to be..the price of my two meets where easily in the $200-300 mark and I got the place for free..
its the cost of a meet as I see it, and the more attractive one makes it the more people show, the more people show the more that will help, the more that will help the more money and food one will have..

Get a day and make the time period set it then let people come if they want, people always say they are going to come but never do...so don't bet on people coming in to help with the money cause You will be in the Red there automatically. make the time period with while for people to make the drive from far also, this way you will get more people showing up. average meets usually happen 11-5ish and people should be there around 10 to set up..the time goes so quickly in a meet..and i mean to quickly..

good luck...hell I might be down for it also..pends on the day

Mar 16, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #23 of 162
Alright, thanks for the information. I'm going to be giving Joni a call back and setting a tentative date-June 3rd. I'll reserve us from 12-5, which will be $150 total for rent. As for the kitchen and power setups, I will find out that information as well.

Thanks for being supportive, guys! Lets make this meet a reality.

Mar 16, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #24 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreCowbell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would definitely drive down there for that! Being a relative newbie at this whole head-fi thing I don't think I have a lot to offer. I could bring my new ATH-A900s I guess...

but yeah, count me in.

At this point, I would say having little or no gear to bring would be fine. Were going to have some nice stuff there... I'm more concerned about just having enough people to have a nice get together, and pay the rent.

Mar 16, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #25 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by m3ta1head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, thanks for the information. I'm going to be giving Joni a call back and setting a tentative date-June 3rd. I'll reserve us from 12-5, which will be $150 total for rent. As for the kitchen and power setups, I will find out that information as well.

Thanks for being supportive, guys! Lets make this meet a reality.

By my count, 12-5 would be $125.
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #26 of 162
I would be interested.

I could bring
Senn 650 w/ Cardas cable
Grado SR225
Sony C333ES
Curcio DAC
Bottlehead Seduction (if someone brings a table, mine is a pain to move)
Bottlehead Foreplay III
Bottlehead S.E.X.

Andrew

Mar 16, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #27 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be interested.

I could bring
Senn 650 w/ Cardas cable
Grado SR225
Sony C333ES
Curcio DAC
Bottlehead Seduction (if someone brings a table, mine is a pain to move)
Bottlehead Foreplay III
Bottlehead S.E.X.

Andrew

By in retested, do you mean you plan to attend, or you are considering it?

Mar 16, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #29 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're talking June 3rd or thereabouts, I can say I'm 90% sure I'll be there. I should have the Zana Deux by then, and the EC/SS, DAC-AH, Musical Fidelity X-RAY v3 and other goodies are a sure bet.

A_Sr.

I'll put you down for all of those. Just let me know if you come up with anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back