Millett Tube Portable amp
Feb 1, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #46 of 371
This amp looks great! It also looks to be an Engineering marvel! I may not have heard it yet but as was stated before by those who HAVE heard it, add an onboard usb DAC and you have one KILLER setup! I can not wait to hear one! This what I have heard about for ages in this forum, a portable tube amp with GREAT battery life and incredible sound. I look foward to this very much!

Oh being a tube neophyte, I DO have one really STUPID question so PLEASE excuse it. I have heard that tube amps need time to warm up and should not be turned off and on lots of times in a short period of time etc. etc. I take it with this design its NOT a big deal? I am sure its not but being dumb means I AM gonna ask a dumb question! I am gonna guess that it has been answered before for standard tube amps but this is in regards to this specific amp.

Thanks again for your hard work and an amazing design!

Feb 1, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #47 of 371
You can put me down too as a seriously interested party. I've been looking for a portable tube amp for a while. Please keep us in the loop on future developments and availability.

Feb 1, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #48 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by KimbaWLion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh being a tube neophyte, I DO have one really STUPID question so PLEASE excuse it. I have heard that tube amps need time to warm up and should not be turned off and on lots of times in a short period of time etc. etc. I take it with this design its NOT a big deal? I am sure its not but being dumb means I AM gonna ask a dumb question! I am gonna guess that it has been answered before for standard tube amps but this is in regards to this specific amp.

Good question!

Well, I'm gonna start saving my pennies now. I was planning on buying a Hornet, looks like I now have a different want.

What's the estimated burn in time? Will it comes with the wallwart and batteries?

Damn...excited. I've started listening to tubes, and I must say....I'm fiending for a portable...

Feb 1, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #50 of 371
Haha... MicroMillett... sounds nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #51 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This would be a cool addition to the MicroStack line (like the desktop).

MicroMillett.

You oughta be in marketing, instead of law!
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #53 of 371
Quote:

This would be a cool addition to the MicroStack line (like the desktop).

I like it in the smaller enclosure. I like it period. Hey Pete, I'll trade you a Desktop with Home modules and DAC for one.

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #55 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a cool trade, lol.

That's what I'm hoping---maybe I can budge to the front of the line with that one.

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #57 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that would mean it would be to late for me to call number 1?

Just by a thin curly hair, Billy.

Feb 2, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #59 of 371
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tyll have you heard it yet?

No, but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by N_Maher
Pete is my hero. Seriously, he just rocks.

and...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen
but SQ wise I think Mr. Millett can be trusted blindly.

I'm in the boat with these guys.

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #60 of 371
Yep - having owned 3 of his designs (HA-1, HA-2 and Hybrid), and listening to 4 others (HA-4, K1000 One Off, microMillett, and Bithead), that is a really safe assumption.

Now, Pete, about that electrostatic amp...
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back