Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Feb 17, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #1,726 of 1,855
I've been collecting some NiceHCK cables and boy...I am impressed. His/Their workmanship now seems on par with the big boys of the cable world. I am super impressed with the following, which I don't think are "worth" the asking price but definitely more than they can be acquired for on sale from time to time.

FourMix, DualDragon, Maple Flagship, GreenMood, SilverCat and MeetAlice.

Anyone else super impressed by any of these? I haven't seen a lot of mention about them.

Finally, does anyone know the background of NiceHCK? Specifically what the "HCK" actually stands for?

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #1,727 of 1,855
I've been collecting some NiceHCK cables and boy...I am impressed. His/Their workmanship now seems on par with the big boys of the cable world. I am super impressed with the following, which I don't think are "worth" the asking price but definitely more than they can be acquired for on sale from time to time.

Anyone else super impressed by any of these? I haven't seen a lot of mention about them.

Finally, does anyone know the background of NiceHCK? Specifically what the "HCK" actually stands for?

Any impressions of FourMix and GreenMood please? What do you pair them with and what would you say are their main differences?

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #1,728 of 1,855

I have a few of those and agree that NiceHCK make some very good cables, so long as you get them at the sale prices. My impressions:

Maple boosts bass without sounding muffled. Great for IEMs that need a bass boost but get sibilant with cables that have a more typical “U-shaped” tuning. Very useful if you can get it for under ~$60.

SilverCat really deep, satisfying bass balanced by a modest treble boost. I was recommended this on the Low End Cables thread and really think it’s great for the typical ~$30 sale price.

MeetAlice. I’ve not used it for a while as it’s in an IEM that I meant away, but my memory is that it is simply a nice and well balanced cable.

I also have BlackCat, BlackCat Ultra, SnowCat, PurpleSE, GreyDragon, BlackDawn, BlackSoul, FirstTouch, MeetAlice, BlueIsland, BlackJelly, SnowAG, RubyCat, GCT5, SuperBlue, Jialai JLDT3, StarDream, GreyRhino, RainbowTaiwan, CafeFlag, GreyFlag, MixPP, CoaxialSir, SkyFlag, OrangeSir, LitzOCC, Litz PS, C16-4, C16-5, and C24-2. Happy to answer questions if anyone wants.

And yes, I know I have a cable problem.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #1,729 of 1,855
Any impressions of FourMix and GreenMood please? What do you pair them with and what would you say are their main differences?
I don't have a ton of time with either. FourMix on my Maestro Mini and GreenMood on Raptgo-Hook X. They color match the IEMs and both sound great on them. I'm very horrible at describing cable differences. I think my audio memory is 0 seconds. They do both sound great though. Hopefully others can answer your question a little better.

Feb 18, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #1,730 of 1,855
Want to share a small appreciation post for my friend Gordie, or Clan Audio. The quality been excellent, and I have a few different cables from before.
The latest ones he made for me arrived in time for the weekend.

First is a SPC Graphene cable that for now is on the TIMSOK TS-316, has a soft but thick wire sleeve on the part under the splitter.
Its actually very light and comfortable.

Next is a electroplated SPC cable that is made for the @FranQL Black Panther earbud, got the logo for Fran on the jack and Clan Audio on splitter.

Last is the a cable he made earlier for me, but I had it re-terminated to be used with my ZMF Verite. It is a Copper in Type 6 Litz and 8 wires, it have a mix of hardware from AECO and Furutech.

Feb 18, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #1,731 of 1,855
I dont own the 4mix but about the greenmood I can say at least to my ears, that it enhances every single technicalities of the iem, and I dont find that it boost any part of the spectrum so the timbre of the iem remains untouched. So yeah very good option but also expensive, the snowcat or the deepsnow are about the same great sounding for half price or less

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #1,732 of 1,855
NiceHCK make some very good cables. Trick is to get when they have sales
That said it is very easy to find yourself with a whole bunch of them very quickly

I have the SnowSG, MeetAlice, CoaxialSir Ultra, Grey Dragon, AceOrpheus, 1950 Saga and DualDragon

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #1,733 of 1,855
First is a SPC Graphene cable that for now is on the TIMSOK TS-316, has a soft but thick wire sleeve on the part under the splitter.
Its actually very light and comfortable.
I'm seeing graphene mix cables now -- what effect does it have on sound?? Bass boost? Mids boost?

Feb 20, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #1,734 of 1,855
I'm seeing graphene mix cables now -- what effect does it have on sound?? Bass boost? Mids boost?
To be honest I'm not the biggest beliver in cables, I appreciate design and quality over whatever change they do.

But this cable does seem denser and warmer than my type 6 litz copper cables.

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #1,735 of 1,855
Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #1,736 of 1,855
To be honest I'm not the biggest beliver in cables, I appreciate design and quality over whatever change they do.

But this cable does seem denser and warmer than my type 6 litz copper cables.
Is that the Penon OSG cable? Your sound description of this SPC cable is what I'm looking for.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #1,737 of 1,855
Is that the Penon OSG cable? Your sound description of this SPC cable is what I'm looking for.
This is a special one from Clan Audio, perhaps later this year he will open his webpage so people can order.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #1,740 of 1,855
I want buy a 4.4mm cable for my final e5000.I did some research and find a cable on aliexpress. What do you think about this cable?
Is there anyone here using it?
My budget 60$.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005357155557.html

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back