Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Dec 15, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #1,696 of 1,884
Without knowing a budget, the best of the best in terms of UPOCC copper would be the Effect Audio Ares S 8W. In addition to the quality of the copper, the multi-strand structure of different diameters helps with separation and clarity without losing note weight. Personally, I don't have it, but I have code 23, which would be a further evolution, but not very ergonomic.

EA has also had a very interesting option as a special Christmas edition, in which they mixed the Ares S and the Cadmus (Silver Plated Copper). It seems that the limited edition has already been sold, but you can still order the cable, with the usual elements of the Signature series.
I've decided to try another upocc single crystal copper again. Which one would you recommend from the EA store since there are many there like the Cs series, the eagle one and the osprey series etc. Also, would have got the other cable you mentioned but it is a bit too expensive for me unfortunately.

Dec 15, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #1,697 of 1,884
I've decided to try another upocc single crystal copper again. Which one would you recommend from the EA store since there are many there like the Cs series, the eagle one and the osprey series etc. Also, would have got the other cable you mentioned but it is a bit too expensive for me unfortunately.
The cables you mention are from CEMA, and I don't have any that I would dare recommend to you. The EA store I was referring to, was Effect Audio's own. Of the Ares S 8W that I recommended, there is a cheaper 4-wire version. It is the cheapest option within Effect Audio, and even so, it is more expensive than others, I know, but it is worth it.

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #1,698 of 1,884
To be more specific my favourite aftermarket cable is the yy 5n opocc.The cable mentioned here is a bit out of my budget so I was going to ask you the next best thing which sounds similar but is an upgrade over those cables? Also, I've decided that I would prefer something with upocc in the future. As I understand upocc doesn't increase noteweight and body alone so materials like crystal copper are a nice combo which the yy cable has. What do you think about the osprey series cable aswell from the cema store?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003968679636.html

Edit: After discussing with the store themselves they actually highly recommended me the osprey series out of all of there other cables for male vocals. They described the vocals as having excellent texture and no loss of detail due to the special copper used. I'm actually gonna buy it now since after my message they discounted it.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #1,700 of 1,884
To be more specific my favourite aftermarket cable is the yy 5n opocc.The cable mentioned here is a bit out of my budget so I was going to ask you the next best thing which sounds similar but is an upgrade over those cables? Also, I've decided that I would prefer something with upocc in the future. As I understand upocc doesn't increase noteweight and body alone so materials like crystal copper are a nice combo which the yy cable has. What do you think about the osprey series cable aswell from the cema store?

Edit: After discussing with the store themselves they actually highly recommended me the osprey series out of all of there other cables for male vocals. They described the vocals as having excellent texture and no loss of detail due to the special copper used. I'm actually gonna buy it now since after my message they discounted it.
Get NiceHck cable

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #1,701 of 1,884

I am using Liquid Links Conti, NiceHCK Ace Orpheus, Dual Dragon and OurLaura currently. All 4 are very good mid prices cables that will not blow holes in pockets

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,704 of 1,884
Got DualDragon.
1702908654735.png

with DualDragon more energy and dynamic.

cons: very bad flexibility

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #1,705 of 1,884
Dec 18, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #1,706 of 1,884
Dec 28, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #1,708 of 1,884
Without knowing a budget, the best of the best in terms of UPOCC copper would be the Effect Audio Ares S 8W. In addition to the quality of the copper, the multi-strand structure of different diameters helps with separation and clarity without losing note weight. Personally, I don't have it, but I have code 23, which would be a further evolution, but not very ergonomic.

EA has also had a very interesting option as a special Christmas edition, in which they mixed the Ares S and the Cadmus (Silver Plated Copper). It seems that the limited edition has already been sold, but you can still order the cable, with the usual elements of the Signature series.
Which one would you say is best for vocals between the cadmus and Ares 8w? I want to get the christmas edition but don't know how much it would be if message them privately?

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #1,709 of 1,884

Users who are viewing this thread

Back