Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Oct 15, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #916 of 1,866
I just googled that graphene is up to 70% more electrically conductive than copper! But what does this element do to the cables in sound??
I am wondering if anyone has any impressions about this material.

Not a expert on this but here’s my limited thoughts on graphene. It’s a technology and adds about 5% more conductivity to copper wire. When it comes to audio cable it’s currently hard to know how there applying it. Seen cables say that use tubes but not sure how that works. Below pic is a link to a discussion on pros and con. The discussion it a couple years old but explains it better than I can.
4A6059EC-F111-4EE2-B352-53BB5B955C53.jpeg

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/beware-of-new-material-claims-the-case-of-graphene

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #917 of 1,866
Here is a IEM cable from AliExpress, with "graphene" and has 14 all 5-star reviews.
So although the technology in general is not matured, looks like it is having a positive influence in these cables.
Screenshot_20211022-195147.jpg
😯🙂

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #918 of 1,866
Here is a IEM cable from AliExpress, with "graphene" and has 14 all 5-star reviews.
So although the technology in general is not matured, looks like it is having a positive influence in these cables.
Screenshot_20211022-195147.jpg
😯🙂
Seems the graphene cables XINHS sells are well liked he has a 4core 8core and 24 core ones. Personally if I bought on I would wait till the 8 core was on sale. On sale Normal runs around $65.00.

A6EB3A89-6E16-46F3-AB02-7CC2D28E55AF.png

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #919 of 1,866
Got my Tianwaitian since a week, enjoy the sound improvement :)
With my Alambic Ears Noosa, I'd say it adds clarity and fullness.
The suppleness is enough for me.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #921 of 1,866
It's not a Dunu Hulk !
But however I would say : if you move a lot, better take a thinner cable with more suppleness. But if you move a lot, outside, I also doubt you can enjoy the added sound quality this fine cable brings... It's more subtle than changing your IEMs and needs careful listening... The kind of listening you rather have at home, or in a train.

Oct 28, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #922 of 1,866
Seems the graphene cables XINHS sells are well liked he has a 4core 8core and 24 core ones. Personally if I bought on I would wait till the 8 core was on sale. On sale Normal runs around $65.00.

A6EB3A89-6E16-46F3-AB02-7CC2D28E55AF.png

I've got a 4 core 2 Pin which I use on and Planar DD Hybrid - it brings a bit more weight to the bass & subbase, like fills it out a bit and helps the treble sparkle a bit more. I'd love to try it on my 7hz Timeless but that takes MMCX. I may pick up an 8 core MMCX for 11.11

Nov 6, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #924 of 1,866
Hello cable fans out there :)

I am looking for a good cable for my Empire Ears Legend X - do you may have any recommandations?

Did someone have experience with the new Kinera Gleipnir (Gold Plated) or the Dunu Hulk Pro?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Best
Dominik

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #925 of 1,866
Heys guys any of you had a high end experience with a copper and silver cable that is below 200$? That is even better than palladium, radium, .etc cables?
Well I don't try to beat any superman with special metals. Just want a really sound benefitter cable. Especially sound stage and imaging.
I'm guessing there must be that excellent cables that mid priced but excellent value..

Nov 20, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #927 of 1,866
Any recommendations for an aftermarket cable for the Sony IER M9? I've been eyeing the Dunu cables because I like being able to swap out between 2.5/4,4/3.5/lightning/etc the cheapest cable at $80 is out of stock everywhere and I'm also not looking to spend $200+ on their higher end cable. Looking for something more-so in the $100-$150, swappable ends preferred but not necessary, maybe something that bumps up dat bass a bit as well :)

Nov 20, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #928 of 1,866
Any recommendations for an aftermarket cable for the Sony IER M9? I've been eyeing the Dunu cables because I like being able to swap out between 2.5/4,4/3.5/lightning/etc the cheapest cable at $80 is out of stock everywhere and I'm also not looking to spend $200+ on their higher end cable. Looking for something more-so in the $100-$150, swappable ends preferred but not necessary, maybe something that bumps up dat bass a bit as well :)
If you want to bump the bass you can look for a cable with copper in it. Fiio LC Re cable has also swappable ends. I have no experience with that cable. But I'm also looking for a cable in that price category.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #929 of 1,866
Just got in the remainder of my 11.11 cable haul:
1 XinHS & 5 NiceHCK

Initial impressions:
The XinHS Rainbow Blue came in a couple days ago; so I was able to start evaluating it. To say that I'm sorely disappointed in the choice of outer coating (PVC or some other plastic variant) would be an understatement. This is an $18 (USD) TRN cable, masquerading as an (on sale) $30 (USD) cable. The weave is loose and janky. Plays no better, no worse, than said TRN ($18) cables. I'm really showing such a degree of disdain, because of the Mft's exemplary feedback, from pretty much all customers (myself included). I hope this cable is an outlier and not an indicator of the company's current mindset.

The NiceHCK BROCC & JiaLai JLH2 are fraternal twins, externally. The only difference is the neck cinch: plastic bead or metal ring. I made an ASSumption on the Blue Island (as the AE page does not indicate the outer coating), that the cable would be similar to the fabric sleeve of the BROCC/JiaLai. But the cable is in a supple, plastic sheath.

I'll be using the Dunu Zen for testing; as it's my most sensitive MMCX, IEM to date.

11 11 cables rev B.jpg

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #930 of 1,866
I've got a 4 core 2 Pin which I use on and Planar DD Hybrid - it brings a bit more weight to the bass & subbase, like fills it out a bit and helps the treble sparkle a bit more. I'd love to try it on my 7hz Timeless but that takes MMCX. I may pick up an 8 core MMCX for 11.11
Get the 4 core graphene cable from XINHS for your Timeless. Trust me on this one. It took me a few days to get accustomed to the changes that the cable offers, but now I'll never go back to stock. It's shockingly good. Crystal clear, huge stage, imaging/separation is on another level, and dynamics are astounding. Cost me $33 from Aliexpress. No brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back