Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Dec 2, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #931 of 1,874
Actually picked up a 8 Core 5n silver Litz for the timeless. I have been enjoying a 4 core version so bumped up to the 8. I've got the 4 core Xin graphene on my IMR RAH planar and agree it's an astounding pairing. I may still go back for that graphene for the timeless.

Dec 3, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #932 of 1,874
After reading the thread (it took me two days XD) I can say that I have learned many things and I am very grateful to all of you for sharing your opinions.

I hope to continue learning a lot here, in a while I will post my experiences with the cables that I tried so far!!

Dec 3, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #933 of 1,874
Actually picked up a 8 Core 5n silver Litz for the timeless. I have been enjoying a 4 core version so bumped up to the 8. I've got the 4 core Xin graphene on my IMR RAH planar and agree it's an astounding pairing. I may still go back for that graphene for the timeless.
Which 2 pin connector do you have chosen? I have IMR Ozar and it seems difficult to find a cable with a connector that fits right. Bought a electro acousti cable but had to send it back because of the connector.

Dec 3, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #935 of 1,874
Here comes my personal opinion on the different cables I tested !! I will start with xinhs and nicehck, which without being bad, I think they are cables that affect the sound very little and I don't think they have great value, something that drops three times its price in the sales makes me suspicious of its value !! I tried the blocc, White crane, blue fantasy, 8 core graphene, they all look very similar to me, they change the highs or lows a bit for really subtle improvements.

After this my experience with papri, it has excellent quality cables, one exactly the same as the isn CU4, I asked for it excited, high quality, all great rhodium connector, the huge disappointment came when a 2 pin connector was soldered backwards and when 4 days later the sound was cut off by a bad solder on the 4.4mm connector, never again papri ...

After I acquired the CEMA Super Copper cable, I expected the same sound quality with CU4, but it did not cut any treble as I expected and so I returned, but I must mention exceptional workmanship and huge quality, it just didn't fit the profile I was looking for. Even here I found out that the cables also need burned out and I will consider that in the future.

Finally my latest acquisition the ISN SC4, which has really impressed me!! It is the first cable in which I notice a real and very noticeable change, details, scene, separation all improved and I think it is really worth its value, so from now on only the Penon / ISN cables are the ones that have my full attention, in addition to perhaps the fiio LC-RD.

Dec 4, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #936 of 1,874
I've had many IMR iems and never had a problem with recessed 2pin connectors, some fit hard but don't be afraid to push !!

How to
I've had many IMR iems and never had a problem with recessed 2pin connectors, some fit hard but don't be afraid to push !!

How do you compare RAH vs Ozar, I wanted to get Ozar and how heard good things about RAH

Dec 4, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #937 of 1,874
I can't advise you on Ozar, the last IMR I bought was Elysium, they share the same technology in DD, I think the new drivers are more polite, faster, sound more relaxed and with the bass tighter, they are not so basshead anymore, at least these models, I will put my Elysium on sale soon in case there is someone interested.

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #938 of 1,874
Dune Zen used to compare (L to R): NiceHCK Black Jelly & NiceHCK Dark Jade, vs. stock Dunu stock cable

I had high hopes for the NiceHCK, Black Jelly being the goldilocks. For retaining the soundstage, while lowering the amount of white noise, during quieter moments, in songs.
In "House of the Rising", Animals: the noise floor is reduced some, but at a sacrifice of the width, of the soundstage.
In "Hotel California", Eagles: During the 1st minute intro, the Bass guitar is anemic and the overall playback feels a bit pinched.

I was surprised that Dunu got it right, with the stock cable, for my particular tastes. As I usually shy away from mixed, silver cables (in this case: High-purity, silver-plated, monocrystalline copper), with highly resolving/sensitive IEMs.

Pretty much rinse and repeat with the Dark Jade cable, as far as my findings go, against the Dune stock cable

Graphene vs Dune Zen cables.jpg

Dec 12, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #939 of 1,874
NiceHCK BlueIsland 5N Litz high-end OCC Silver Plated Cable

I think I'll be buying more of this series:
1. Enough color contrast that people will realize why they can't get my attention
2. The pliable vinyl/plastic hasn't exhibited the microphonics that come with the fabric sheathed cables
2a. Thicker, less likely to get tangled
3. Even though a medium weight, the built in hooks (so far), keep the cables from dragging on the back of ears. Overtime. it's possible the memory of the hooks may relax.

On the FiiO FD5, the BlueIsland
I may have lost a fraction of 1db off of the the sub bass response (vs a pure copper cable), but the gains in the sound stage (width & height) and having the vocals being more enveloping are worth the trade off.
FD5 wBlue.jpg

Dec 14, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #940 of 1,874

*The Iceman "Cable Guy" Cometh

I've learned the hard way, never ever do an A/B, unless your doing an assessment, for a posting. I had a hard time enjoying my Dunu Zen (original version), right after comparing to the FiiO FD5 & FD7. The Zen, suddenly was too close to being overbearing, over the 2Khz frequencies. I intentionally put the Zen down for a few days and only used them this morning, to test @Dsnuts feedback, on the FiiO LC-RC (link to DSnuts' evaluation).

FiiO LC-RC:
An interesting bag of changes. Nothing earth shattering, but for me, more positives than negatives. The one negative, there's a small increase in white noise, during quiet moments in a song; this could also be attributed to the increased soundstage
The good: I don't feel that I've lost any detail and the width and height of the playback has increased notably. Most importantly (for my Prim A'Donna left ear) there's a sublime (for vocals) bump somewhere around the 500 - 1Khz range that's helping to holdback the upper bands from taking me over that line of no return/fatigue. An added bonus is the curved termination of the cable; lends itself to a more natural blending, with the curvature of my ear.

FiiO LC-RC vs. Dunu Zen stock cable
Zen wFiiO cable.jpg

*“To hell with the truth! As the history of the world proves, the truth has no bearing on anything. It's irrelevant and immaterial, as the lawyers say. The lie of a pipe dream is what gives life to the whole misbegotten mad lot of us, drunk or sober.”
― Eugene O'Neill

Dec 15, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #941 of 1,874
You have a recommendation for a good and inexpensive cable for empire earz x massdrop zeus?
(0.78 2pin)
A cable that will give a large stage and a lot of detail with good spacing between the tools.
Thanks

Dec 16, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #942 of 1,874
You have a recommendation for a good and inexpensive cable for empire earz x massdrop zeus?
(0.78 2pin)
A cable that will give a large stage and a lot of detail with good spacing between the tools.
Thanks
Lately I have purchased three good cables: ISN SC4, fiio LC-RE and Penon Mix. My recommendation for its price and its high quality is for ISN SC4. It is the least expensive but offers many benefits for its price.

Jan 3, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #943 of 1,874
new cema cable
Hello, Can anybody comment now on how either the CEMA “palace class” eagle cable:
very similar geometry too, very odd, this one has a layer of silver wires it seems that tianwaitian doesn't.
Hello, can anybody comment on how this cable, or the CEMA “palace class” eagle cable lauded by KO DG sound compared to the TOTEM?

Jan 5, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #944 of 1,874
I have a Penon Leo Plus on the way for my Andromeda 2020's, which I'll be comparing to an ALO Reference 8 and ThieAudio EST. Hoping for a bigger, bolder sound.

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #945 of 1,874
NiceHCK BlueIsland 5N Litz high-end OCC Silver Plated Cable

I think I'll be buying more of this series:
1. Enough color contrast that people will realize why they can't get my attention
2. The pliable vinyl/plastic hasn't exhibited the microphonics that come with the fabric sheathed cables
2a. Thicker, less likely to get tangled
3. Even though a medium weight, the built in hooks (so far), keep the cables from dragging on the back of ears. Overtime. it's possible the memory of the hooks may relax.

On the FiiO FD5, the BlueIsland
I may have lost a fraction of 1db off of the the sub bass response (vs a pure copper cable), but the gains in the sound stage (width & height) and having the vocals being more enveloping are worth the trade off.
FD5 wBlue.jpg
Do those cables have A memory wire? Or just “preset” memory plastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back