Mid-high oriented IEM under 300$?
Oct 20, 2019 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ZsoSahaal

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'd really appreciate some recommendations. I'm looking for mid-high oriented IEMs with clear, detailed, neutral to bright sound, low impedance (the main source will be my phone), good isolation and comfort fit (deep fit is also a plus). The budget is 300$, but can be stretched a little if it's worth it.
Been using Final Heaven III for a couple of years and I really love the way they sound, but got tired of the microphonic cable and decided to get something new.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 6
If you want to take a shot at something cheap I think the KZ ZSX is very good. Decent isolation but not deep insertion so not as good as you are used to but not bad especially with foam tips. They are a bit bassy but not overly so and also just a bit bright with decent detail ,separation and soundstage . Just to be honest I’m more of a headphone guy but have heard most of the TOTL IEM’s but not a lot of the mid range iem’s as they are not real prevalent at most shows but have several Chi-Fi’s that do a good job.

Oct 20, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 6
Hello everyone,

I'd really appreciate some recommendations. I'm looking for mid-high oriented IEMs with clear, detailed, neutral to bright sound, low impedance (the main source will be my phone), good isolation and comfort fit (deep fit is also a plus). The budget is 300$, but can be stretched a little if it's worth it.
Been using Final Heaven III for a couple of years and I really love the way they sound, but got tired of the microphonic cable and decided to get something new.

I would recommend the Audiosense T800. It retails ~ $298 USE and is my end game all BA set (8 knowles BA). Low impedance, easily drivable from smartphone, but will benefit from DAC/AMP to scale better. Good at all music genres.
Audiosense T800 excels at clarity, details, instrument separation, soundstage. For a BA bass, it has a bass that sounds like a DD due to its vented subwoofer and tuning, extends very low in the subbass. Isolation ~ 30 dB, the best I have so far in my IEMs, I use it for stage monitoring exclusively. It is a bit bright, but the treble can be tamed with knowles filters or eartip/cable changes if u are treble sensitive. Truly the cliche that you can hear new details in music that u have heard for ages is true when I put on the Audiosense T800.
Some headfiers in the Audiosense thread say the T800 can hit 80 - 90% sound quality of the Campfire Andromeda, at a fraction of the price, I can't say for sure as I haven't heard the latter, but that is amazing for the coin. But it definitely blows some of my midfi multi driver westones out of the water, and at a cheaper pricing then them.

I've been using IEMs for the past 15 years for stage monitoring and music listening and I can honestly say the CHIFI IEMs have caught up to the western budget to midfi IEMs in the past 2 years. If u are not brand conscious there are good CHIFI IEMs that excel at price to performance ratio. IMHO $50 - 100 USD can get u some great sound nowadays, so your $300 budget is way more than adequate to get a good midfi set.

If u are looking for cheaper stuff, there are a lot of good CHIFI fare that are < $50 USD with great reviews that were recently released: TRN V90, KZ ZSX, CCA C12, BLON BL-03. U can check out or ask more at these threads:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...nd-impressions-sharing-reference-list.805930/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...ith-reference-list-no-big-brands-here.872245/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/

All the best and hope u find what u are looking for!

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 6
I would recommend the Audiosense T800. It retails ~ $298 USE and is my end game all BA set (8 knowles BA). Low impedance, easily drivable from smartphone, but will benefit from DAC/AMP to scale better. Good at all music genres.
Audiosense T800 excels at clarity, details, instrument separation, soundstage. For a BA bass, it has a bass that sounds like a DD due to its vented subwoofer and tuning, extends very low in the subbass. Isolation ~ 30 dB, the best I have so far in my IEMs, I use it for stage monitoring exclusively. It is a bit bright, but the treble can be tamed with knowles filters or eartip/cable changes if u are treble sensitive. Truly the cliche that you can hear new details in music that u have heard for ages is true when I put on the Audiosense T800.
Some headfiers in the Audiosense thread say the T800 can hit 80 - 90% sound quality of the Campfire Andromeda, at a fraction of the price, I can't say for sure as I haven't heard the latter, but that is amazing for the coin. But it definitely blows some of my midfi multi driver westones out of the water, and at a cheaper pricing then them.

I've been using IEMs for the past 15 years for stage monitoring and music listening and I can honestly say the CHIFI IEMs have caught up to the western budget to midfi IEMs in the past 2 years. If u are not brand conscious there are good CHIFI IEMs that excel at price to performance ratio. IMHO $50 - 100 USD can get u some great sound nowadays, so your $300 budget is way more than adequate to get a good midfi set.

If u are looking for cheaper stuff, there are a lot of good CHIFI fare that are < $50 USD with great reviews that were recently released: TRN V90, KZ ZSX, CCA C12, BLON BL-03. U can check out or ask more at these threads:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...nd-impressions-sharing-reference-list.805930/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...ith-reference-list-no-big-brands-here.872245/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/

All the best and hope u find what u are looking for!

Thanks for the recommendation and description, I'll be sure to take a close look at them. How is the build quality and durability? Is the stock cable good or is it better to replace it?

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the recommendation and description, I'll be sure to take a close look at them. How is the build quality and durability? Is the stock cable good or is it better to replace it?

The T800 is built like a tank, it uses a resin that makes it look and feel like a custom shell.
Stock cable (Silver plated) is a bit bright, I use a copper cable with it to make the treble less bright, depends whether u like brightness or not. Some headfiers find it a bit bright and too detailed, the brightness can be fixed with a knowles filter mod, cable or eartip change.

I wrote a small review on it if u are interested: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audiosense-t800.23786/reviews#review-22374

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #6 of 6

Attachments

• 20191123_023254.jpg
    20191123_023254.jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20191123_023105.jpg
    20191123_023105.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191123_023353.jpg
    20191123_023353.jpg
    918.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20191123_022956.jpg