MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device
Mar 22, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #2,461 of 2,609
Can’t go wrong with the MZ2. Contact LTA as they might have a demo/trade-in for purchase and you can save some money. That s what I did and I can’t be happier with my MZ2/VC pairing

Attachments

• DB9A3A3F-E770-4E04-BC5D-D8F73DACA840.jpeg
    DB9A3A3F-E770-4E04-BC5D-D8F73DACA840.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 22, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #2,464 of 2,609
Hey guys, I thought I'd collect some opinions here from the MZ2 owners. Background: I'm local to LTA and have been to their shop numerous times and bought two sets of headphones from them. They are about the nicest bunch of guys I've met in the industry, incredibly helpful, and they know their stuff like nobody's business.

I was there about two weeks ago and bought my ZMF Auteur. I brought my RME ADI-2 DAC and listened to both the MZ2 and MZ3. Having heard the MZ2 a few times in the past, it continues to resonate with me as an incredible amp. I also like the idea of supporting a local business, which is another reason they are topping my list of potential tube amp purchases (other contenders recommended to me are the Bottlehead, Woo WA3, Liquid Platinum and solid state contenders are the Burson Soloist and Singxer SA1). Right now, I'm listening to my ZMF cans through my RME DAC/amp.

I've considered it for sometime, but was not sure about it's size for a desktop set up. In addition, I was curious about the power supply and where that would fit. Curious how you guys have made the MZ2 work in your space? Did you get the 4ft cable for the power supply and put that on the floor or behind your desk?

Mar 22, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #2,466 of 2,609
I believe LTA will make a longer cable than 4’ for the LPS+. The MZ2 amp itself is a smaller size and rather light so it should be easy to place on or next to a source in a desktop system. With a longer cable the LPS could then be placed on the floor.

Mar 23, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #2,468 of 2,609
I believe LTA will make a longer cable than 4’ for the LPS+. The MZ2 amp itself is a smaller size and rather light so it should be easy to place on or next to a source in a desktop system. With a longer cable the LPS could then be placed on the floor.
Yup...confirmed. They'll do it on the standard power supply too. I just reached out to them and put in an order and they are going to build mine with an 8ft cable. So definitely drop them a note if you're looking for a longer cord.

Thanks for all the advice everyone...can't wait for this to arrive!

Mar 23, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #2,469 of 2,609
Don't know if this was brought up. But for EU folks, you can get you're LTA products thru Mikael at https://www.lineartubeaudio.eu/

I am in EU and Nicholas of LTA channeled me to them when I was inquiring for a MZ3.

Apr 10, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #2,470 of 2,609
Yup...confirmed. They'll do it on the standard power supply too. I just reached out to them and put in an order and they are going to build mine with an 8ft cable. So definitely drop them a note if you're looking for a longer cord.

Sorry I'm late for this. I have the MicroZOTL 2 with its original switching power supply. Haven't even bothered to upgrade the power supply after purchase of unit serial number 0007 in 2015. I absolutely positively love it with the Verite Closed. I've commented extensively about it on the VC thread.

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #2,473 of 2,609
There are dozens of brands out there to match your budget. I use Zu Audio and wireworld, but honestly any power cable from a reputable company will do. And some would tell you just keep stock cable so it’s up to you

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #2,474 of 2,609

Is it there yet? If so, do you like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back