MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device
Jun 14, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #1,834 of 2,609
I can't believe still looks so much like the 808.2i after all these years.  Even the display looks the same.  I just had the cd drive on my 808.2i replace along with the power caps.

The microzolt2 does look micro against your 808v5.

Yeah, since you opened it you probably know it's highly module-based. You can literally send the unit to them and upgrade to V6, just that almost everything inside will be replaced :xf_eek:.

BTW, search for the all new meridian ultra dac, you will see something familiar as well :rolleyes:

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #1,835 of 2,609
It is a curious and unique amplifier, no transformers and has an output impedance of 2 ohms.

I recently tried a high-end amplifier OTL and loved it.

I have some speakers. Paradigm special editon 3. Have a sensitivity of 93 dbs. This amp would be able to extort a high quality spl and a room of 15 meters?

Hopefully get a distributor for Spain.

Regards

MATEOBCN

Jun 15, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #1,836 of 2,609
I'd greatly prefer to keep one Zotl2 thread.  Much of the discussion has centered around tube rolling here and then psu's, so why not include all the other tweaks.  it makes it much easier for someone to see the progression.

My experience with the Zotl2 is that it completely scales up.  Previous amp was a highly tweaked Eddie Currrent Balancing Act.  

Jun 15, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #1,837 of 2,609
It is a curious and unique amplifier, no transformers and has an output impedance of 2 ohms.

I recently tried a high-end amplifier OTL and loved it.

I have some speakers. Paradigm special editon 3. Have a sensitivity of 93 dbs. This amp would be able to extort a high quality spl and a room of 15 meters?

Hopefully get a distributor for Spain.

Regards

MATEOBCN

So far our international interest has been promising, and when we get to our new facilities and things are rolling well enough to cover our local obligations, we'll definitely be acquiring CE and bringing Linear Tube Audio to more markets worldwide.I'm sure I know of some good reviewers to contact, too. :wink:

Jun 15, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #1,839 of 2,609
  I'd greatly prefer to keep one Zotl2 thread.  Much of the discussion has centered around tube rolling here and then psu's, so why not include all the other tweaks.  it makes it much easier for someone to see the progression.

My experience with the Zotl2 is that it completely scales up.  Previous amp was a highly tweaked Eddie Currrent Balancing Act.  

I've said that I think all discussion related to the MicroZOTL2 should be in this thread, there is just the problem that thread was becoming home for discussion of another company's products and services as well, which doesn't help either people interested in the MicroZOTL2 or in Mojo Audio's many offerings. Mojo Audio is not a division of the MicroZOTL2 (obviously) or Linear Tube Audio, so why limit the discussion of that company by nesting it within this thread? I definitely think tweaks done to the MicroZOTL2 by Mojo Audio would properly be located within this thread (as well as any Mojo Audio thread that exists), but it's not a place, I don't think, for a second product, in this case Mojo, to find its exclusive home. It doesn't make sense for either Mojo or the MicroZOTL2 thread.  

Jun 15, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #1,840 of 2,609

What sort of tweaking does the ecba need?

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #1,841 of 2,609
Speaking of MicroZOTL2 tweaks, I've got an extra custom acrylic top from LTA with holes for the longer power tubes such as 6F8G.  And speaking of those, I have an extra pair of round plates and adapters for anyone interested.   And I'll give you a great deal on all of it.  

Of course I'll post a for sale ad, but wanted the great people of the HF MicroZOTL2 thread to know first.

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #1,842 of 2,609

What sort of tweaking does the ecba need?

Well, you know, the Electraprint OPTs with partial silver secondaries aren't good enough.  They must be swapped out for 20W Hashis of course.  :-D

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #1,843 of 2,609
Well, you know, the Electraprint OPTs with partial silver secondaries aren't good enough.  They must be swapped out for 20W Hashis of course.  :-D

Nice. Look forward to hearing your impressions. Transformer rolling makes a big difference indeed!

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #1,844 of 2,609

Nice. Look forward to hearing your impressions. Transformer rolling makes a big difference indeed!

Sorry, I was being facetious...  I've not heard the Hashimotos, but the Electraprint PSSS used in the ECBA (as far as I recall) are excellent and not a chunk of iron to be "rolled".  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back