Microsoft is selling Age of Empires 3 for 10 cents.
Nov 21, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 23
Quick, someone spare me a dime.

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 23
Buy it before you get called a bad person for abusing a "mistake"...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 21, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #5 of 23
wow, fantastic find, the only pc game I play is age of empires II, now I can upgrade to AoE III for 10pence lol

SWEEET.

Thanks to the op for the heads up, appreciate it mate.

p.s. for anyone wondering, this is available to uk customers too, sign in with your xbox live account and it switches to the uk site.

Nov 21, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #6 of 23
10 cents!

I LOVED aoe3, favourite game of all time. I need to install it again and play some.

I was 4rth on the 1v1 elo leaderboards for a weekend a long time ago. I played that game to death, especially the fort wars mod for vanilla. I had as much fun with that as I did with the normal game. 

Definetly pick it up, one of the great RTS games next to starcaft, better in my opinion just because of the resources element. 

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #8 of 23
SOLD.

Liked the first, loved the second, always wanted to try this one. Can't go wrong for this price.

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 23

Buy it before you get called a bad person for abusing a "mistake"...
very_evil_smiley.gif

This sure doesn't look like a mistake. It's a five year-old game and I'd bet that sales fell off a cliff.

Someone at Microsoft probably decided to give it away to get more people interested in the series.

So go for it. I'm not much of a Microsoft fan, but this is pretty cool and a smart marketing move.

Nov 21, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #10 of 23
just bought the game. sorry if I don't know this, as I havn't bought a game from microsoft in a while, but do I have to download the game from the website, or do they ship it to my house in physical form.

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #14 of 23
Too bad that I already have it and all the expansions. Excellent deal, though.

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #15 of 23
!!!

I loved AOE II, never bought AOE III. Until now, that is!

Microsoft = endless fountain of awesome. Sometimes. Maybe. just now?

Edit:

Quote:
AGE OF EMPIRES SALES INFORMATION:
Due to the overwhelming success of the Age of Empires III sale, we have temporarily run out of keys to unlock the game. You can still buy the game at this amazing price and you will get a key in the next week. When new keys are added to the system you will be auto-assigned a key, there is no need to call support or take any other action from your end. We will post information on the forums and on the website when the keys are available and the next time you click 'View Game Keys' for the game you should be assigned one.

They ran out of... keys? Please remind me how this works again?

Edit 2: 
"Next week" = now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back