Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
Apr 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #286 of 334
I'm going to bring my airmotivs (and possibly set them up in a room nearby that is not in use) although I'm not sure how i'd go about setting them up. They really really need to be at ear level to sound best, so putting them on a table and asking anyone interested to sit on the floor in front of them might be the only way. I wont do that immediately however, so I'll pass around the power cords I use for anyone that thinks they want to demo them/thinks they have an effect. I find such things do have an effect but it might all be in my head!

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #287 of 334
Quote:
Just as a note, a couple of the headphones and other equipment I'm bringing to the meet are for sale. The available items are listed below:

Headphones:
--Pioneer SE-700, restored and recabled with a handmade SPC cable
--Grado RS2i, recabled by BTG-Audio
--Beyerdynamic DT1350
--Numark HV-215v
--Sony MDR-SA3000

Amps:
--FiiO E7
--AudioQuest Dragonfly

If anyone is interested, bring some money and just ask me when we're there.

Takato 14, i may not have the money for any of these guys, but may i please try that Grado RS2i and Byerdynamic DT 1350? After hearing the SR-80 i'm really liking Grado's sound for Rock. The Byerdynamic was also included in my debate on which headphone to buy and i'm uber curious how it sounds. :)

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #288 of 334
Quote:
Quote:
Just as a note, a couple of the headphones and other equipment I'm bringing to the meet are for sale. The available items are listed below:

Headphones:
--Pioneer SE-700, restored and recabled with a handmade SPC cable
--Grado RS2i, recabled by BTG-Audio
--Beyerdynamic DT1350
--Numark HV-215v
--Sony MDR-SA3000

Amps:
--FiiO E7
--AudioQuest Dragonfly

If anyone is interested, bring some money and just ask me when we're there.

Takato 14, i may not have the money for any of these guys, but may i please try that Grado RS2i and Byerdynamic DT 1350? After hearing the SR-80 i'm really liking Grado's sound for Rock. The Byerdynamic was also included in my debate on which headphone to buy and i'm uber curious how it sounds. :)

Of course, theyre all coming with me, they'll all be set up for ears to try. 

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #289 of 334
Since someone else listed the Little Dot I+, I've decided not to bring that, but just bring portable amp stuff. I just got the C&C BH and thought some people might be curious about it:

ODAC
O2
C&C BH
FiiO E17

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #290 of 334
Ugh. Sorry guys, I can't make it. Parents can't get me there and my mom's too damn paranoid to let someone else pick me up. Oh well. 

See ya around.

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #291 of 334
Hey guys! Looking forward to this. Sadly I sold the Terminator V4s I said I could bring. I'm getting some Mad Dog T50RPs which would be awesome to take along, but I don't know if I'll have them in time. Fingers crossed!

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #292 of 334
I'm mentioning this because I know i'm going to need one, but there are bell hop carts on the main lobby level (at the front desk) you can grab if you have a bunch of stuff. Elevators are also right by the front desk area. With lots of free mints.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #293 of 334
guys, college became ridiculous and i unfortunately cannot afford to squander this saturday on anything but studying and projects. I wont be able to come.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #294 of 334
Quote:
I'm mentioning this because I know i'm going to need one, but there are bell hop carts on the main lobby level (at the front desk) you can grab if you have a bunch of stuff. Elevators are also right by the front desk area. With lots of free mints.

Where in the building are we meeting? Got a room number yet? 

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #296 of 334
Quote:
Where in the building are we meeting? Got a room number yet? 

you'll probably notice that a lot of people are moving into one direction anyway if you're still confused haha.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #297 of 334
Quote:
you'll probably notice that a lot of people are moving into one direction anyway if you're still confused haha.

Yeah ha ha, depending on what time you get there maybe.

I've been to lots of meets, and it's good to know where you're going rather than dragging a cart full of gear all over the building looking for the room.
Most of the time they will put up signs with an arrow pointing you in the right direction.

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #298 of 334
Quote:

Yeah ha ha, depending on what time you get there maybe.

I've been to lots of meets, and it's good to know where you're going rather than dragging a cart full of gear all over the building looking for the room.
Most of the time they will put up signs with an arrow pointing you in the right direction.

I'm wondering if people prefer things that they are familiar with or just well recorded music in general to ascertain how well a headphone performs for them. All but a few songs I have is foreign so I don't know if that will put people off or not.

Apr 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #299 of 334
I'm wondering if people prefer things that they are familiar with or just well recorded music in general to ascertain how well a headphone performs for them. All but a few songs I have is foreign so I don't know if that will put people off or not.

What artists? A large chunk of my collection is j-rock/pop, so I don't think there's anything to be worried about.

I'm making a 20 song playlist up right now... decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #300 of 334
Quote:
What artists? A large chunk of my collection is j-rock/pop, so I don't think there's anything to be worried about.

I'm making a 20 song playlist up right now... decisions, decisions
rolleyes.gif

lol well that makes me feel a bit better. I have well around the 500 range... more or less. Although they are split up into separate categories.
Artist wise would be a lot of j-pop and such as well. Mainly nana mizuki, kajiura yuki, and various touhou circles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back