Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
Apr 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #317 of 334
Maybe even a 6.5mm to 3.5mm for those certain few if they need it?

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #318 of 334
Quote:
Maybe even a 6.5mm to 3.5mm for those certain few if they need it?

Actually, this is what I meant to post the first time. Mental slip 
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #322 of 334
Hey, first post aw yiss. That was a fun meet and we should do this more often, bringing in more new people each time! 
L3000.gif

Oh, so I guess it isn't locked after all haha...

I agree. With it being my first meet, I thought it was a really good time. Especially getting to meet everyone that I wouldn't have met had we not organized a meet.

Thanks to everyone for showing up! Maybe next time more people will eat my baked goods :p

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #323 of 334
Great meet today! Sadly, the best headphone today was the HE-500s, but the amazing amps and DACs make up for it. Heard tube sound today for the first time so that's a big plus. We should do this every year :)

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #325 of 334
Great meet today! Sadly, the best headphone today was the HE-500s, but the amazing amps and DACs make up for it. Heard tube sound today for the first time so that's a big plus. We should do this every year :)

Those did sound phenomenal on that *gulp* $5k tube amp! I was really impressed with the HE-400 run out of my little DAC/amp, proving [to myself] that it doesn't take very much to amp them. And the Bottlehead Crack's. For the price, I don't think you can do any better (where tube amps are concerned). They made my DT880's sing! :eek:

Yep. That was a good time. After hearing Mastershakes' DT880s, I'm thinking I might order some of the DT880 Pros this week :)

Muahahaha it was all a part of my master plan to get you to buy the DT880's!!! :evil:

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #326 of 334
Quote:
Those did sound phenomenal on that *gulp* $5k tube amp! I was really impressed with the HE-400 run out of my little DAC/amp, proving [to myself] that it doesn't take very much to amp them. And the Bottlehead Crack's. For the price, I don't think you can do any better (where tube amps are concerned). They made my DT880's sing!
eek.gif

Muahahaha it was all a part of my master plan to get you to buy the DT880's!!!
evil_smiley.gif

What $5k tube amp was there? I guess I missed it... 
confused_face.gif

Apr 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #327 of 334
Quote:
What $5k tube amp was there? I guess I missed it... 
confused_face.gif

The black one in the very top row with 8 tubes sticking out of it in a circle. It was ridiculous. And I thought Woo Audio made ridiculous tube amps.

Apr 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #328 of 334
Before I forget again, I was paid $40 at the meet to try and cover the $75 cost. If anyone wants to chip in a little bit more I'd be grateful.

This is my paypal address: zach.mathias@yahoo.com

Apr 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #329 of 334
Before I forget again, I was paid $40 at the meet to try and cover the $75 cost. If anyone wants to chip in a little bit more I'd be grateful.

This is my paypal address: zach.mathias@yahoo.com

I chipped in $20 at the meet. Doesn't have to be that much. But everyone could chip in a little. Doesn't hurt if Zach makes a little more than $75 since he did set it up for us :)

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #330 of 334
Sent some money to blitxgene. Thanks a lot for organizing it! Though I did not get to try HD800 or some LCD2, that was a really good meet. Definitely should do again in the future.

So I guess I managed to convince some people to get some HD600 and some crack? 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I was surprised by the tiny ODAC. I knew it is small, but didn't expect it to be *that* small. And to Cel4145, is this the IEM you brought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back