Michael Jackson VERDICT REACHED
Jun 13, 2005 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 123

perplex

500+ Head-Fier
Wow! thought it would take them longer than this. anyway announcement is at 4:45 ET (here it's 9:11 GMT), its 1:11PM over there currently i think. So 3hrs 30mins from now we'll know!

well... i know what verdict i'm hoping for
rolleyes.gif

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 123
Actually, they should be assembled to read the verdict in about 20 minutes. Don't know how long the proceedings will take, however.

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 123
Even if they manage to convict on anything, from the specious alcohol-to-a-minor to the flimsy conspiracy charges to the appalling actual molestation charges, he'll appeal and probably get off on any or all of the questionable decisions Judge Melville has made during this trial. If he's acquitted, dandy. I don't want an innocent man to go to jail.

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #6 of 123
i wasnt in the court proceedings, but looking at the Sky News trial remake it looked like the prosecution's case was ridiculous. Seemed like 10 sore EX-employees with a grudge saying "i saw michael jackson suck his willy!"

Let's see an Acquittal and the prosecution BEAT IT !
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
I also feel whatever the verdict is, the amount of interest people gave this trial
is nausiating, and people who demonized that guy (wether he is guilty, or not) are true representatives of the lowest our culture and society have to offer, they make america look disgusting.

I agree with that 100% how something like this becomes the biggest story in the country is appalling especially considering what is ongoing in the Middle East and in Africa.

On another note does anyone else think the 24-hour news channels need to go? When they don't have anything important to report they have to push and glamorize idiotic / dumb things.

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #9 of 123
For some reason the British press was really fascinated with this case. The BBC News website ran stories about it nearly every day. I agree with what's been said so far -- after following most of the reports, the prosecution's case really did seem ridiculous. The kicker for me was their claim that Jackson had two books with covers featuring pictures of "semi-naked boys." I looked one of the books up on Amazon and it has a cover drawing of boys wearing bathing suits jumping into a lake. It was nothing suspicious at all, and for the prosecution to be trumping this up in such a phony way must have meant that their case was either incredibly flimsy or the prosecution was just dishonest.

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
The kicker for me was their claim that Jackson had two books with covers featuring pictures of "semi-naked boys." I looked one of the books up on Amazon and it has a cover drawing of boys wearing bathing suits jumping into a lake. It was nothing suspicious at all, and for the prosecution to be trumping this up in such a phony way must have meant that their case was either incredibly flimsy or the prosecution was just dishonest.

AND wasnt that book given to him as a gift from a fan?

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #12 of 123
Jackson has made, in some incredibly public forums, some very intemperate remarks about District Attorney Sneddon, who denies a vendetta. However, mocking a sitting DA is a bad idea, even if the DA is not the vindictive type. Sneddon probably would have gotten a conviction in '93, but Jackson settled.

I am seeing the arrival of the accused, and he looks not-good. He does not look confident at all. The Mez looks even more worried.

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #14 of 123
Quote:

I agree with that 100% how something like this becomes the biggest story in the country is appalling especially considering what is ongoing in the Middle East and in Africa.

Even if they reported more news on the MiddleEast and such, I'm sure we still wouldn't hear the whole story
biggrin.gif
. But yes, I still agree.

Jun 13, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #15 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSmith08
I am seeing the arrival of the accused, and he looks not-good. He does not look confident at all. The Mez looks even more worried.

confused.gif
you're there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back