Michael Jackson VERDICT REACHED
Jun 13, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #31 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Why? It's freaking new years at this court house man.

It's like watching a bunch of zoo animals.

haha, my parents are watching something, i would of seen it otherwise :/ maybe they'll show the circus on CNN or something tomorrow too. probably more tomorrow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
NOT GUILTY; I guess we may no longer indulge in Michael Jackson pedophilic humor.

that's what they everyone said 12 years ago?

Jun 13, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #33 of 123
unfortunately, i think all of this is just going to make MJ bolder. he just doesn't have common sense. a guy with common sense would think "i just dodged a bullet, i better quit while i'm ahead." MJ might think "even the courts got my back - it's boy-sleepin' time!" as long as they can't pin pedophilia on him, what's to stop him from inviting boys over and "innocently" sleeping in the same bed? that's his private time, there is no court injunction or restraining order against that practice, and MJ just deterred the folks who came out looking to sue MJ for a settlement, because he proved that he's willing to go to court and beat the rap.

MJ is going to do the small boy neverland mentality thing till he dies now. and what he does in the privacy of his own home is freaky but none of my concern. all i know is, the next time the prosecutors waste taxpayer dollars to go after MJ, they better make damn sure they have a case where he DID touch those boys!

Jun 13, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #34 of 123
Michael Jackson's quote after hearing the verdict: "I feel like a kid again"

Now he can celebrate with a nice, cold diet coke can full of wine.

So, OJ, Robert Blake, and Michael Jackson all had the same jury, right?

THANK YOU... I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!

Jun 13, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #35 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
Michael Jackson's quote after hearing the verdict: "I feel like a kid again"

Now he can celebrate with a nice, cold diet coke can full of wine.

So, OJ, Robert Blake, and Michael Jackson all had the same jury, right?

THANK YOU... I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!

Are you sure he didn't say "I can feel a kid again?"
And yes, not at least getting guilty on the child endangerment charges by giving kids alcohol - sheesh, the DA sucks on all counts
Finally - the jury just loved MJ's music. You could tell. they were all fans.

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #36 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Are you sure he didn't say "I can feel a kid again?"
And yes, not at least getting guilty on the child endangerment charges by giving kids alcohol - sheesh, the DA sucks on all counts
Finally - the jury just loved MJ's music. You could tell. they were all fans.

They had canal earphones at low volume in the courtroom
etysmile.gif
listening to Smooth Criminal LOL

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #37 of 123
I find it sad that there are those in this thread that are happy about the Not Guilty verdict.

I would have thought the inhabitants of HeadFi were above that.

Guess not.

Anyone here read 1984? The masses are brainless, the tyranny and corruption of power is absolute. Money money money, money and clout. That's all that matters.

Moral of the story is, if you wanna be an evil dispicable person, just become rich and famous. No one is smart enuogh to be able to stop you. They will cheer you on into their graves.

What a glorious state of affairs.

And people wonder why i'm pessimistic
rolleyes.gif

You really believe Jackson was innocent? You really think someone that troubled should be free? You really think juries have anything to do with verdicts at all? It's all planned. It's like all those Battle of The Bands type of things. There's no "oh my gosh! i never expected him to win!" BS. Everyone behind the scenes and pulling the strings knew who was going to win from Day 1.

Same here. They are in control, pulling strings. If you honestly think anything is unbiased or not controlled, you are naive and in denial.

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #38 of 123
Let's keep it clean, folks...

As for the verdict, I'm not surprised. It strikes me in a very peculiar way that there were no good guys in this whole mess. It wouldn't have surprised me had it gone the other way.

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #39 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
I find it sad that there are those in this thread that are happy about the Not Guilty verdict.

Guess not.

Anyone here read 1984? The masses are brainless, the tyranny and corruption of power is absolute. Money money money, money and clout. That's all that matters.

Moral of the story is, if you wanna be an evil dispicable person, just become rich and famous. No one is smart enuogh to be able to stop you. They will cheer you on into their graves.

rolleyes.gif

well the biggest inequity of the courts is money, yes, but having money doesn't necessarily work just for the guilty ones. having money can also save your butt by having decent representation to get you off the hook when you actually DIDN'T do anything. i'm not going to judge MJ either way, but having money helped him build a proper case for himself, and build a proper defense against the DA's case. the thing is, a ton of poor folks just don't have decent representation like that. it doesn't mean that the poorer folks are any less or more guilty because of their financial circumstances, but without cash you're just going to get a crappy lawyer who could care less about your case (most likely.) therefore, instead of accusing rich people for having money, we should instead work out a way to stay equitable in the courts despite the cash thrown behind a case- everyone is entitled to representation, and it should be EQUAL representation as well. but how can this be achieved? i dunno.

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #40 of 123
Quote:

Money money money, money and clout. That's all that matters.

yeh no crap!
icon10.gif

Quote:

Moral of the story is, if you wanna be an evil dispicable person, just become rich and famous.

Yeah we're working on it, arn't you?
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

well the biggest inequity of the courts is money, yes, but having money doesn't necessarily work just for the guilty ones. having money can also save your butt by having decent representation to get you off the hook when you actually DIDN'T do anything. i'm not going to judge MJ either way, but having money helped him build a proper case for himself, and build a proper defense against the DA's case. the thing is, a ton of poor folks just don't have decent representation like that. it doesn't mean that the poorer folks are any less or more guilty because of their financial circumstances, but without cash you're just going to get a crappy lawyer who could care less about your case (most likely.) therefore, instead of accusing rich people for having money, we should instead work out a way to stay equitable in the courts despite the cash thrown behind a case- everyone is entitled to representation, and it should be EQUAL representation as well. but how can this be achieved? i dunno.

yeh great points, this is what i meant with my post a few mins ago. even the non-guilty can build up a strong case not just the guilty because of the great lawyer. the big shot lawyers will cover Every angle while the crap ones wont bother because either way they'll be payed the same amount. While the more expensive ones work harder because it usually works like this and so next time they can keep on charging the huge amounts of money. And it gives them a reputation. "WOW he's the guy that got that murderer OJ off the hook, i'm gonna hire this guy !" - that's how it works.

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #41 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Let's keep it clean, folks...

As for the verdict, I'm not surprised. It strikes me in a very peculiar way that there were no good guys in this whole mess. It wouldn't have surprised me had it gone the other way.

the closest guy to having clean hands in this case for me was McCauley Culkin (sp) because what did he have to lose? He's an adult now, he can say whatever he wants, his parents don't have influence anymore to put words in his mouth, he's rich/famous enough not to be cowed by MJ. So when he said MJ didn't touch him, I tend to believe him over the other folks out there with more ulterior motives.

Remember that whole brouhaha when Culkin was a kid? He was like the poster child for MJ's potential boy advances. So the fact that Culkin stepped up and shot straight from the hip - well, what can I say.

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #42 of 123
Quote:

Guess not.

rolleyes.gif

You really believe Jackson was innocent? You really think someone that troubled should be free? You really think juries have anything to do with verdicts at all? It's all planned. It's like all those Battle of The Bands type of things. There's no "oh my gosh! i never expected him to win!" BS. Everyone behind the scenes and pulling the strings knew who was going to win from Day 1.

Same here. They are in control, pulling strings. If you honestly think anything is unbiased or not controlled, you are naive and in denial.

It couldn't be that Mesereau was a darned good attorney, could it? It couldn't be that Sneddon was so frantic to get a conviction that he ignored the questionable credentials of the kid's family, could it?

It could be that the prosecution assembled a flimsy, sensationalistic case to sway the jury on raw emotion. It could be that the Mez did his job and earned his keep. Jackson is probably guilty of worse stuff on a whole host of levels, but he managed to get good attorneys. That's not a crime, and he had to money to do so. That, too, is not a crime.

Am I happy he got off? Not really, but the kid was a delinquent and a liar, so what are you going to do? Nothing. Even Lee J. Cobb finally relented after Henry Fonda made his case. Lee J. Cobb was no pushover.

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #43 of 123
Quote:

sounds nice and fuzzy on paper.
wink.gif

in real life, the rich and evil tend to go free.

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #44 of 123
Culkin is trying to make movies. Everyone agrees that if he had been tangled up, his career would have been compromised.

Jun 13, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #45 of 123
Another reminder...this isn't Outside. Try to keep the discussion from straying into matters political. Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back