Michael Jackson Dead
Jun 26, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #151 of 213
It might sound horrible, but I do not feel that much grieved for the death of artists who were in the twilight of their career, especially knowing that their best stuff will survive them. After all, I will still be able to listen to and enjoy Thriller whenever I want. Different story for the likes of Cobain, Hendrix, etc. who could potentially have brought a lot more to music.

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #154 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had tickets to see MJ in London later this year. Guess I missed his show forever.

RIP

Sceptre

That happened to me with Bob Marley. Bought tickets to see him live and then he died from cancer only about 2 weeks later.
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #156 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The media are having a field day. I doubt Gary Glitter will receive the same treatment.

Agreed. Farrah Fawcett is more popular than Gary Glitter and the media has already forgotten about her. I guess that poster might be something of a collector's item right now.

Amazon annouced they sold out of every Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 CD in a matter of minutes. I don't think that would have happened for Elvis.

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #157 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amazon annouced they sold out of every Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 CD in a matter of minutes. I don't think that would have happened for Elvis.

Yeah, I agree. Probably helps that as far as I know, Amazon weren't selling CD's over the internet in 1977, though.
biggrin.gif

On another note, as I'm 17, the only Micael Jackson I ever experienced in the media etc was the potential child abusing, funny looking, child-like man, and as such, I find it hard to magine him writing or performing some of the music from the likes of "off the wall," "thriller," and "bad." He must've had some impact in the 70's and 80's from the reaction to his death.

I was very much looking forward to the tour, though, even if I probably wasn't going to be able to get a ticket, seeing him perfrom half as well as he did in the dangerous tour (I think that's the one) would've been epic.

It's tragic that he died less than a fortnight before the first night.

Jun 27, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #158 of 213
I enjoyed the cover of Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm, but was otherwise never a fan of his music. I do agree that he was talented, too bad he became a total weirdo later on in life.

I watched the South Park "Mr.Jefferson" episode last night with some friends, and it was still as hilarious as ever.

Jun 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #159 of 213
I heard the concert tour would still continue with Sanjaya as the King of Pop.

Jun 27, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #160 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember when Elvis died. It would have most definitely happened. Elvis was proclaimed "the King of Rock and Roll" by the world. MJ was first proclaimed "The King of Pop" by himself (look it up if you don't believe me). I also remember when John Lennon died. By the time I went on lunch, you could not find his stuff anywhere. <moderator edit>

Jun 28, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #162 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Lets remember him for his talent please.

Erm the 'talent' was actually provided by:

Quincy Jones (music)
John Landis (video)
Michael Peters (choreography)
Lawyers (to make the allegations disappear)

MJ was just a plastic puppet.

Jun 28, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #163 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quincy Jones (music)
John Landis (video)

Really now???

Jun 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #165 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quincy Jones (music)
John Landis (video)

Are you deliberately trying to start a flame war?

--Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back