Michael Jackson Dead
Jun 29, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #196 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps you could qualify "you guys"...

If you think it doesn't apply to you then fair enough. My comment wasn't directed specifically at you. But that said, I think the moderator's request was very plain and simple, and I don't see the need to complicate it.

In any event, it's time for me to bow out.

--Jerome

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #197 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you think it doesn't apply to you then fair enough. My comment wasn't directed specifically at you. But that said, I think the moderator's request was very plain and simple, and I don't see the need to complicate it.

In any event, it's time for me to bow out.

--Jerome

Agree !

Lets stay on topic:

Bet’s Most Influential In Music

betinfluential2.jpg

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #198 of 213
Not being an overall huge fan of Michael and despite what has been posted previously of his personal and legal problems, I will say that he was very a talented composer and entainer who has inspired and continues to inspire many people world wide.

Jun 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #199 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! Me too! I would always tell my cousin to call me when the werewolf part was over so i could watch the dancing zombies. Zombies aren't scary when they are dancing like that!
smily_headphones1.gif

My favorite memory of that video, apart from the way it so effectively spoofed the horror-movie genre, was the voice-over from Vincent Price. I smile just thinking about it. It speaks volumes about Michael Jackson's status at the time that a legend like Vincent Price would lend his voice to the project. It also says a lot about VP's obvious refusal to take himself too seriously. A major win-win.

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #200 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! Me too! I would always tell my cousin to call me when the werewolf part was over so i could watch the dancing zombies. Zombies aren't scary when they are dancing like that!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup that was one of the only times that I would open my eyes
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #201 of 213
I think his passing points to a generational divide, between the artist and the legally troubled eccentric. I'm 35 and can honestly say that I never considered him much, though his impact on entertainment was massive at the time. I've spent several hours listen to his music since his death and reading about him, and it's been hard reconciling what he was and what his life had become.

The Quietus has a great article, from 1983, that honestly captures his rather tortured life.

Michael is alone amongst superstars in consistently hinting at misery – at the absence inside. How can he live in himself when he is everywhere outside, when at the age of 12 he was watching cartoons of himself on TV? The world is plastered with him, he is a thousand billboards. And the tragic truth seems ancient, that only onstage can he get back inside.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #203 of 213
Via Digg's "Popular" feed, I came across pictures of him rehearsing for his "This Is It" comeback concert.

New pictures show Michael Jackson hard at work rehearsing just two days before he died | Mail Online

I still can't get over how close he was to actually doing it! It really tears me apart knowing that if only he has managed to live for a few more days, then we could have at least seen the first show.
frown.gif

Well, at least according to the source, his final rehearsals are already being compiled into DVDs and albums. Count me in for one of each!

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #204 of 213
I think MJ was a victim of the system and a very misunderstood guy. I wonder who they're gonna pick on now that he's gone. Heck, anybody who had Michael's talent, money, fame, and no serious childhood would be weird too. All the nay saying is because folks can't understand the man. Then being as gullible as they are quickly eat up anything the media machines sends out.
I'll advocate that you guys listen or read the lyrics of the song 'childhood'. The man himself said it was the most honest sound that he'd written.

Jun 30, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #205 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Via Digg's "Popular" feed, I came across pictures of him rehearsing for his "This Is It" comeback concert.

New pictures show Michael Jackson hard at work rehearsing just two days before he died | Mail Online

I still can't get over how close he was to actually doing it! It really tears me apart knowing that if only he has managed to live for a few more days, then we could have at least seen the first show.
frown.gif

Well, at least according to the source, his final rehearsals are already being compiled into DVDs and albums. Count me in for one of each!

I've heard reports that a high quality recording was made of the final dress rehearsal, at which he was said to be in vintage form. There are rumors of both a live CD and a DVD of the performance. What do you want to bet that he saves the recording industry, one more time?

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #207 of 213
As a child i was a huge fan of his music. and although in the last few years i wasn't listening to his music, i am still a big fan today. I also never believed to all the rumours on him and was on his side.
this man was so talented...dancer,singer and songwriter! i say thank you michael for giving me and a lot of music fans so much hours of fun and excitment.

Sure a great loss for the music world!
frown.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #208 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaroff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's probably not worth mentioning that his two biggest hits, namely Billie Jean and Beat it, were songs penned by him and him alone...

As a matter of fact he had a disagreement with Quincy Jones over Billie Jean. Q didn't want it on the album but MJ was adament. So at least in this case, MJ had better musical acumen than the "legendary" Quincy Jones.

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #209 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sad thing is there are many parents that do put a price on their children. Just look at the entertainment industry. There are many parents that push their children into the buisness and don't allow them to just be a child. Probably explains why there are so many eff'd up adults that grew up in the buisness. They never got to just be a kid. They had to go to work.

Just like Michael Jackson himself. He started working when he was 9 years old. That's 41 years. Lots of kids today don't work until they finish college or grad school. I'm not talking about summer internships or after school jobs. He was starting his lifelong career at that age. No wonder he keeled over at 50.

It also might help to explain some of his bizzare behavior. He created a dream home called Neverland; he filled it with animals and amusement rides and he liked to have "sleepovers" with his friends. This wasn't just kids but his adult friends as well.

Someone I heard recently explained it that Michael never had a real childhood and he never had his own bedroom. The concept of a private bedroom was alien to him. He was used to having a lot of people around and the bedroom was a public place, like a living room or a den might be to us.

This might also explain his fascination with children. I'm sure he never had even one best friend growing up.

All of these things point to someone trying to finally have a "normal" childhood, after being deprived of things that most of us in this country take for granted.

No one will ever know what was really going on in Michael Jackson's mind or bedroom, but with a modicum of compassion one can start to understand his behavior and one could even imagine that there were never any sexual components to his sleepovers.

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #210 of 213
Disgusting. I just saw that clip where jamie fox(?) talked about how black people own michael jackson and shared him with everyone.
What a ****ing joke. So much for racism being a part of the past. Obviously michaels message through the song "black or white" was missed ENTIRELY.
I am both shocked and appalled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back