Michael Jackson Dead
Jun 26, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #136 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was at a Fleet Foxes concert last night when a member of the audience shouted out the news. It seemed unreal and even the band asked for confirmation.

MJ collaborated with Quincy Jones and together they changed music forever.
I have a mission to hear bands perform whilst they still can. This even included The Commodores earlier this week. I had tickets to see MJ in London later this year. Guess I missed his show forever.

RIP

Sceptre

I know how you feel. I was holding a ticket to see Bob Marley when I heard that he had died. It would have been my first time seeing him, and I've always thought wistfully about what the show would have been like. Life is indeed fragile.

Jun 26, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #137 of 213
Rest in peace, comrade.

I really did love a lot of his songs, and I remember when I was in high school that we sang Heal the World as part of our culminating activity. Damn, life is harsh.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #140 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by iszatso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He was acquitted of those charges. But as we famously do, we put on the judges' robes and pass verdict. There will never be another Michael Jackson, as a performer and showman. whatever your view of his personal space, he changed the music scene with his contributions. RIP.

Dude, he was acquitted on those charges because he was able to afford a quality legal team who in turn were able to get enough evidence tossed out so that he could be aquitted of the charges. He also paid millions to the family of a young boy who had made the same accusations against him earlier. I am sorry, but as a father, I cannot say that all should be forgiven because he was a good singer.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #141 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And he loved you too when you were a kid.

(sorry)

beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #143 of 213
Here's a really good article from 2005, around the time of the last legal thing. It has to start there, but then moves into an overview of why everyone who loves contemporary music owes a little bit to MJ:

Finding Neverland

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #144 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, he was aquitted on those charges because he was able to afford a quality legal team who in turn were able to get enough evidence tossed out so that he could be aquitted of the charges. He also paid millions to the family of a young boy who had made the same accusations against him earlier. I am sorry, but as a father, I cannot say that all should be forgiven because he was a good singer.

As a father would you send your kids to spend the weekend with Michael Jackson even before the first accusation? I am not saying he is innocent because I wasn't there but I have always questioned those parents motives. If it had happened to my child all the money in the world wouldn't be good enough to make keep me quiet. As for the second case those parents are either really foolish or were using their child as bait in their plan. The man had plenty of issues other than those cases that we could discuss but the simple fact is we really don't know the truth about most of it. The only thing I do know is that I loved the music and the performances so that is what I choose the remember.

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #145 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a father would you send your kids to spend the weekend with Michael Jackson even before the first accusation? I am not saying he is innocent because I wasn't there but I have always questioned those parents motives. If it had happened to my child all the money in the world wouldn't be good enough to make keep me quiet. As for the second case those parents are either really foolish or were using their child as bait in their plan. The man had plenty of issues other than those cases that we could discuss but the simple fact is we really don't know the truth about most of it. The only thing I do know is that I loved the music and the performances so that is what I choose the remember.

Never in a million years would I allow my child to spend anytime at a single, middle-aged mans home. I also would not pay someone millions of dollars to make an accusation go away if I had nothing to hide. I would spend every dollar of it clearing my name.

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #146 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never in a million years would I allow my child to spend anytime at a single, middle-aged mans home. I also would not pay someone millions of dollars to make an accusation go away if I had nothing to hide. I would spend every dollar of it clearing my name.

I agree with you on both points but I hope you see my point on how it is difficult to be sure either way.

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #147 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I have nothing nice to say I will remain silent.

So why bother posting anything at all?
frown.gif

I was never a huge Michael Jackson fan. I am a rock and roller from way back. But I can't deny that I enjoy listening to many of his songs. His voice was fantastic. He was the consumate entertainer. I am very sad about his death. Suprisingly so.

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #149 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(sorry)

NP, good one.
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #150 of 213
I remember when I was a kid and saw Michael dancing to Billie Jean on the Grammys. When he did the moonwalk it was the coolest thing I had ever seen....he was such a great dancer as well a singer. He had a great impact on me when I was a little kid, I think he was the first artist where I thought, I gotta go out and get this record. Also who didn't think that the Thriller video was the coolest ever. He was definitely a talented guy and in today's music scene that is a hard thing to come by. It is a shame what his life turned into in the end. R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back