Micca Store - FiiO E7/E9 Headphone Amplifier Bundle For $199.95
Dec 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #91 of 118
Terry,

No problem, just make sure you purchase both from www.miccastore.com and we'll honor the bundle pricing when you come back to purchase the E9 later. 

Jack

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #92 of 118
One question... finally I got my E9 today, and tested them with K702, DT990/600 and Creative Aurvana Live.

One thing I noticed is that if I plug them in the 3.5mm jacket, it sounds horrible (like echo or something like that).

Same headphone into the 6.35 jacket, and sounds pretty good.

Is supposed to be like that, or something is wrong with my unit?

EDIT: I need to push it very strong to the bottom to be able to hear properly. Seems that is not making the connection properly.

Dec 22, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #93 of 118
I use both ports regularly (sr80i and ultrasone 750's, one has mini one has 1/4") and  i do not have this problem at all, it sounds like you have an issue w/ your unit

Quote:
One question... finally I got my E9 today, and tested them with K702, DT990/600 and Creative Aurvana Live.

One thing I noticed is that if I plug them in the 3.5mm jacket, it sounds horrible (like echo or something like that).

Same headphone into the 6.35 jacket, and sounds pretty good.

Is supposed to be like that, or something is wrong with my unit?

EDIT: I need to push it very strong to the bottom to be able to hear properly. Seems that is not making the connection properly.

Dec 31, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #94 of 118
I was just about to get a headphone amp, however this is my first time using a headphone amp.  How should I set it up to my pc so it have the best sound?

Headphone > E7/E9 > usb on the back to usb to pc usb?
Headphone > E7/E9 > RCA cable to sound card on pc?
Headphone > E7/E9 > optical cable (line in port) to sound card optical port?

Thanks for the help guys and gals.  I am new to audiophile gears.

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #96 of 118
Quote:
I was just about to get a headphone amp, however this is my first time using a headphone amp.  How should I set it up to my pc so it have the best sound?

Headphone > E7/E9 > usb on the back to usb to pc usb?
Headphone > E7/E9 > RCA cable to sound card on pc?
Headphone > E7/E9 > optical cable (line in port) to sound card optical port?

Thanks for the help guys and gals.  I am new to audiophile gears.

RCA is line out only, not line in. This also misses the point of the E7 since it's supposed to be doing the digitial to analog conversion, not the soundcard. In any case this route won't work, unless you go RCA to 3.5mm line in, but why would you want to do that?

There is no optical in or out on the E9, and again no point in connecting to a soundcard. Also won't work.

USB is hassle free, and the only way to make use of the E7, getting the most out of the FiiO E7/E9 combo.

Dec 31, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #97 of 118
Alright thanks for the clarification, going to make my order after New Year
beyersmile.png
not sure how much my ATH-A700 going to sound with the amp.  Probably going to upgrade to the Senn H650 or AKG K701.

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #98 of 118
This is a great deal. 

Assuming of course, your existing soundcard is noisy or sounds like crap.
It gives you pretty much everything.
Plenty of power, portability, bass boost. 

It offers a lot of advantages to my cheap setup:
Asus Xonar $80
Headamp4 $50
FiiO E5 $20
Total:  $150

For just $50 more, you get the 3 bass boost options which I really like.
Of course you lose 4 headphone output, but I don't think most people care about that.
Looks good too.

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #99 of 118
I end up buying the HD650 today should be fun to see how well it pair with the E7/E9 combo. 

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #100 of 118

Quote:
I end up buying the HD650 today should be fun to see how well it pair with the E7/E9 combo. 

I have this exact setup and I'm very pleased with it.  However, I haven't used any other amps or DACs, so...my opinion is probably not worth as much as others'.

Jan 5, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #101 of 118
Well my E7/E9 just came in a hour ago, the sound is definitely better than my sound card output.  I can feel the bass beating against my ears with the E7/E9 combo, it should be interesting when my HD650 arrived.  Soundstage is also much brighter compared to the sound card.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #102 of 118

Quote:
Well my E7/E9 just came in a hour ago, the sound is definitely better than my sound card output.  I can feel the bass beating against my ears with the E7/E9 combo, it should be interesting when my HD650 arrived.  Soundstage is also much brighter compared to the sound card.

The E7 does an admirable job for the price, IMHO.  I just upgraded to an HRT Music Streamer II+ though, and it destroys it.  I can't explain the 'why' of the difference, merely that there is a very noticeable one.  The E9 is still ampin' though, and I think it was limited by the E7 before.

I'd be interested in hearing comments about the E11 when it debuts.

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #103 of 118
This site is seriously aiming to rob my wallet reading comments like that always want to upgrade to aftermarket cable, better amp, better DAC and before I know it going to need new headphone, anyway my HD650 should be here tomorrow night very exciting.  I will read up on the HRT Music Streamer II+ as well disastermouse, thanks for the suggestion.

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #104 of 118
so i left for a week and forgot my e7, came back and upon turning it on, it says FiiO then the main menu really quickly then says byebye then shuts off.

ive never ran the battery until totally dead, but it does this while charging, and has been charging for 10-15 min now and still does it.

anyone know what would cause this?

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #105 of 118
Everyone's E7 has done this when first bought (at least when purchased with the E9). Just leave it be for a whole longer to give it enough power to fully boot and it should come around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back