Micca Store - FiiO E7/E9 Headphone Amplifier Bundle For $199.95
Dec 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #76 of 118
Hi, 

Yes it's very different. The protective film is just that, a soft film that is applied to the raw plastic material stock that is used to make the front reflective cover of the E7. While making a E7, this film is not removed and offers protection from normal handling during the manufacturing process. This film also offers protection of the product during shipping but is meant to be ultimately removed by the end user, because it has a cloudy scratched look. It's sole purpose is to protect. 

The screen protector offered here is a crystal clear hard plastic sheet with an adhesive backing that is intended to be installed on the E7 and protect its reflective front surface during normal use. It will keep the same mirror finish, but guard against scratches.

Jack

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #77 of 118
Thanks, Jack, PM sent!

BTW, the e7/e9 combo is driving my AKG K-1000's with ease and finesse right now.  In fact, I am listening to a FLAC rip of the Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band CD, "Lick My Decals Off, Baby" as I type this, and it has never sounded better (or more bizarre!) to these ears.  I have the e9 in the high-gain position and the volume pot is @ 12 O'Clock (or 50% up) and the K-1000's are positively cranking!

EDIT on 12/18: RIP Captain Beefheart.

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #78 of 118
god i hate my post office! (my apartments a new building and they didnt put in a mailbox so i just use a p.o. box since its like a 4 minute drive and on the way to work)

I got a delivery confirmation notice at 11:58 saying a notice was left in my box.. they close at 12!!

12!

two minutes to pick up the package? lame.

so now i have to wait till monday when my amps are sitting 2 miles from me :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #81 of 118
Yea, the alternative is for you to pay $25 for priority mail shipping, which would put the total at about $135 for a E7 plus L3. The money order option saves you $20 and you didn't mention in your inquiry that delivery by Christmas was important.

Jack

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #88 of 118
Quote:
BTW, the e7/e9 combo is driving my AKG K-1000's with ease and finesse right now.  In fact, I am listening to a FLAC rip of the Captain Beefheart & the Magic Band CD, "Lick My Decals Off, Baby" as I type this, and it has never sounded better (or more bizarre!) to these ears.  I have the e9 in the high-gain position and the volume pot is @ 12 O'Clock (or 50% up) and the K-1000's are positively cranking!

VERRY interesting. I was wondering about how the E9 would pair with the K-1000s considering that they're total power-whores. I expected that most people who can afford the K-1000 would probably be spending a bit more than $150 on an amp/DAC though. I'm still wondering how it'll fare with the legendary stat/dynamic hybrid K340s.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #89 of 118
To clarify, the E7/E9 is NOT the best amp I have heard with my K-1000's, but the fact that a $200 desktop amp/dac can drive them with enjoyable levels of volume and PRaT is an achievement worth reporting. I mostly use my E7/E9 with my new Beyerdynamic dt990/600's, and that tandem is really something to write home about!!

Dec 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #90 of 118
I have a question about the bundle pricing.  I am considering a Fiio E7 AMP/DAC to use on-the-go with my UE Triple.fi IEMs.  As I am fairly new to Head-Fi, I have not yet bought any demanding headphones to be driven at home by the E9.  If I purchase the E7 now and then later pickup a more demanding set of headphones, am I able to take advantage of the bundle discount when purchasing the E9?  Or at least get the $30 refund once it is purchased.  I found this thread today and after seeing a better overall price on "another" site, it appears that MiccaStore is the way to go (based on what I have read) for this purchase because of US availability and superb support had by others following the sale.

Regards,

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back