MHDT Havana DAC
Oct 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #616 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still waiting for him to send the Havana to me. he might still be deciding on the price or whether he should sell them or not
biggrin.gif

Please let me know about his decision
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #624 of 2,680
That doesn't really look like a clone at all? The dac chips are different, caps are different etc. Just because it's NOS doesn't make it a clone. I'm having a hard time finding similarities let alone say that it's a clone.

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #628 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My cousins modded havana finally arrived and is now up for sale. Its pretty darn smooth sounding and beefier sounding than I remember my stock havana.

Heres the FS link
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f43/fs...6/#post6143746

And I was too slow!

I've pretty well decided that the Havana will be the first purchased part of my new rig.

Question; is the tube removable without opening it up? It looks quite well sunk into the enclosure!

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #629 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I was too slow!

I've pretty well decided that the Havana will be the first purchased part of my new rig.

Question; is the tube removable without opening it up? It looks quite well sunk into the enclosure!

You need to remove the top by unscrewing four hex-screws.

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #630 of 2,680
in case no one noticed there is a new production tube for our beloved dac,
the JJ 6386.
Wondering how that new tube performs though I am extremely satisfied with WE jw 2c51... just rocks!
cheers,
K.

ps. when I ll have time to write, I will tell you about a super comparison we made between benchmark dac1, weiss minerva, an esoteric cd-player (5000 eur), dacmagic and the super Havana!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back