Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Sep 15, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #7,696 of 12,974
Sep 15, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #7,697 of 12,974
Mine is the "all black HC edition", i like the all-black design very much, looks great with the silver upgrade cable...
Yeah it looks really gorgeous.

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #7,698 of 12,974
[QUOTE =“ ThanatosVI,帖子:15864637,成員:489840”]
為什麼還沒有人發布有關“全黑特殊HC版本”的信息?
這基本上是一個全黑的Meze,與黑色的版本不同,即使耳罩上的螺栓是黑色的,而不是青銅/銅。

https://headphonecompany.com/en/product/meze-empyrean-over-ear-headphones/

[USER = 437885] @MezeTeam [/ USER]
您從不提供“以舊換新”來換色,對嗎?
[/引用]

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #7,699 of 12,974
Why did nobody post about the "all black special HC edition" yet?
This is basically a completely black Meze, unlike the jet black version even the bolts on the earcups are black instead of bronze/copper.

https://headphonecompany.com/en/product/meze-empyrean-over-ear-headphones/

@MezeTeam
You never offer "trade ins" for color swaps right?

The All-Black Empyrean is actually a special edition, made specifically for our German distributor, Headphone Company, so you'll have to check with them. :)

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Sep 15, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #7,701 of 12,974
Got these recently and loving everything about them except one thing: when I use them to play any kind of music, at any volume, after about 10' I start getting some sort ear pressure/discomfort. It's mild but noticeable enough to always make me aware of them and eventually i have to put them down because of this.

It happens with any source and with both velour and leather pads, and it makes no sense since these are both open HPs and very laid back sonically. And no, i haven't experienced this with other HPs, even though these are my first planars, but this shouldn't matter right?

So, just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so if it went away with use or if you found a solution.

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #7,702 of 12,974
Got these recently and loving everything about them except one thing: when I use them to play any kind of music, at any volume, after about 10' I start getting some sort ear pressure/discomfort. It's mild but noticeable enough to always make me aware of them and eventually i have to put them down because of this.

It happens with any source and with both velour and leather pads, and it makes no sense since these are both open HPs and very laid back sonically. And no, i haven't experienced this with other HPs, even though these are my first planars, but this shouldn't matter right?

So, just curious if anyone else has experienced this and if so if it went away with use or if you found a solution.

Thanks!

I'm sure I read someone else's comments along a similar nature amongst these many hundreds of posts. I think in the end they got over it after after a bit of getting used to it... or, burn in of the headphones themselves. These are the first planars for me as well and the bass does take a little getting used to. I guess... if possible, you could try EQ the bass down a bit to see if that improves things just so you can identify the cause. If it is bass / warmth then maybe a silver cable would help... either the Meze upgrade cable or other third party ones?!?

I've been running these for about 10-15 hours a day over the last week and yesterday I noticed the bass seemed a little tighter, controlled than the first few days. As they run in they may improve for you... or you ears just adjust to the new sensation. Here's hoping!

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #7,703 of 12,974
I'm sure I read someone else's comments along a similar nature amongst these many hundreds of posts. I think in the end they got over it after after a bit of getting used to it... or, burn in of the headphones themselves. These are the first planars for me as well and the bass does take a little getting used to. I guess... if possible, you could try EQ the bass down a bit to see if that improves things just so you can identify the cause. If it is bass / warmth then maybe a silver cable would help... either the Meze upgrade cable or other third party ones?!?

I've been running these for about 10-15 hours a day over the last week and yesterday I noticed the bass seemed a little tighter, controlled than the first few days. As they run in they may improve for you... or you ears just adjust to the new sensation. Here's hoping!
Thanks that makes sense, I will play with cables and give it some time. I love everything else about them so I really want to make them work!

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #7,704 of 12,974
Thanks that makes sense, I will play with cables and give it some time. I love everything else about them so I really want to make them work!

They are terrific... maybe keeping the listening sessions shorter to begin with as well... clutching at straws I know!

Sep 15, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #7,705 of 12,974
a full picture of the black edition...

035A889F-43D5-4CAC-85B4-696627CD590A.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #7,706 of 12,974
a full picture of the black edition...

035A889F-43D5-4CAC-85B4-696627CD590A.jpeg
Very nice... silver upgrade cables as well! How did you find the silver cable compared to the standard one, big difference?

Sep 15, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #7,707 of 12,974
Very nice... silver upgrade cables as well! How did you find the silver cable compared to the standard one, big difference?
I Never heard the standard cable - mine came already with the silver upgrade

It was recommended because they know my prefereces and my DAP

Sep 15, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #7,710 of 12,974
Would one recommend Empyrean to someone who owns and enjoys both Clear Pro and Stellia?

I haven't listened to either headphone but this YouTube review from a Head Fi member, Loquah, talks about the Empy in detail and also compares it with the Focal Clear (around 18min mark). Well worth a watch... very good review.

Full Meze Empyrean Review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back