Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Dec 21, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #5,791 of 12,974
I'm starting to really hate the Empyreans because I can't get a single productive thing done today. Maybe I'll sell my speakers and tube amps and just buy more Empyreans to station around my house so I can move around and never go without. I'm turning into a shut-in stuck in my main listening room.

To the nice person on ebay who accepted my offer on his Empys because he had "way too many TOTL headphones" I will only say that you sold the wrong pair! I cancelled my order on a pair of HE1000se after hearing these after a single session.

Best Christmas ever!

That nice person would be me :o2smile:

Glad you're enjoying! They were definitely hard to part with, but I'm pretty happy with my Verite too!

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #5,792 of 12,974
O I also meant to mention my wait time which is currently at the 3 month mark has just been pushed to the 4 month mark as Meze is "hoping" to get them to me mid to late January. Unfortunately for me patience has run out. It would be one thing had they suggested that it would likely be a four month wait. But first it was one month and when that came they said two and then 2 to 4 more weeks and now 2 to 4 more. It's rather frustrating as I genuinely believe I would love them from all I have read, but that's quite a bit of money to have out with nothing other than an emailed receipt to show for it.

The company I bought them from has been awesome to work with over the years and are gonna let me know monday if it's possible to get something quicker as a last ditch effort. Hopin it works out. We shall see.

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #5,793 of 12,974
That nice person would be me :o2smile:

Glad you're enjoying! They were definitely hard to part with, but I'm pretty happy with my Verite too!

Knowing the size of the headphone community the thought did cross my mind that you might show up and chime in, so I tried to carefully phrase my post to be equal parts thankful and a bit snarky at the same time. Now you got me wondering about the Verite. Thanks a lot for planting that damn seed in my head! I guess I deserve it!

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #5,794 of 12,974
O I also meant to mention my wait time which is currently at the 3 month mark has just been pushed to the 4 month mark as Meze is "hoping" to get them to me mid to late January. Unfortunately for me patience has run out. It would be one thing had they suggested that it would likely be a four month wait. But first it was one month and when that came they said two and then 2 to 4 more weeks and now 2 to 4 more. It's rather frustrating as I genuinely believe I would love them from all I have read, but that's quite a bit of money to have out with nothing other than an emailed receipt to show for it.

The company I bought them from has been awesome to work with over the years and are gonna let me know monday if it's possible to get something quicker as a last ditch effort. Hopin it works out. We shall see.
Yea I can't imagine waiting for something for so long with so much hype behind it. They give you a timeline and you prepare mentally but there's more delay on top of delay. that really gets people. Everything about the Empyrean is absolutely perfect to me but there seems to be a lot of fireworks surrounding the HE1000 SE if you wanna drop the Empyrean.

You might want to sweet talk @delirium into selling his Empyrean. He loves his but I have a feeling he would part with it and use that money to buy an HD800

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #5,795 of 12,974
What was the offer?
Pretty much what they go for used on headfi. A fair and reasonable amount off retail. I tried to get them cheaper initially with 2 lower offers, but they were instantly rejected by eBay, the 3rd one was a charm. I hope I both answered and dodged answering your question simultaneously. I should have gone into public office.

Dec 21, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #5,796 of 12,974
Pretty much what they go for used on headfi. A fair and reasonable amount off retail. I tried to get them cheaper initially with 2 lower offers, but they were instantly rejected by eBay, the 3rd one was a charm. I hope I both answered and dodged answering your question simultaneously. I should have gone into public office.
The used audio market deserves more love. Free burn in + free discount.

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #5,798 of 12,974
PrettyI should have gone into public office.
But then you probably would have been impeached for asking Ukranian authorities if Rinaro could make those drivers quicker for you

Dec 22, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #5,800 of 12,974
Yea I can't imagine waiting for something for so long with so much hype behind it. They give you a timeline and you prepare mentally but there's more delay on top of delay. that really gets people. Everything about the Empyrean is absolutely perfect to me but there seems to be a lot of fireworks surrounding the HE1000 SE if you wanna drop the Empyrean.

You might want to sweet talk @delirium into selling his Empyrean. He loves his but I have a feeling he would part with it and use that money to buy an HD800
No i wont...yust miss that big soundstage...lol

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #5,802 of 12,974
Where is the bass?! Maybe there are huge variations from one production to the other because mine.has tons of bass, like 4db to much to be precise. Ok I have less than 100hrs on it... If It changes anything. This is with a mojo and a TT2.
Go to a follow up post - post 5773 on this thread (if you haven't already)
All is now good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back