Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Dec 20, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #5,761 of 12,974
Could that be interpreted as meaning the Empyrean holds some detail back that should be reproduced for the sake of accuracy? A "nice" headphone?

I have a few of those.
I don’t think of headphones as holding anything back. I think more of it as the total offering. With whatever compromises need to be made along the way of it’s development

by the way i see in your lost of headphones (which i can only assume you still have) that the focal spirit pro is on there. Do you use it much? I still have it as my commuting closed headphone (non bluetooth and non in ear) and i still am very happy with it

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #5,762 of 12,974
I don’t think of headphones as holding anything back. I think more of it as the total offering. With whatever compromises need to be made along the way of it’s development

by the way i see in your lost of headphones (which i can only assume you still have) that the focal spirit pro is on there. Do you use it much? I still have it as my commuting closed headphone (non bluetooth and non in ear) and i still am very happy with it
I still use the FSP on occasion. Also have the Spirit Classic and the One S. Two of the three have epoxied hinges due to snapping. Design (or materials) is very poor on these. Too bad because the sound is quite nice.

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #5,764 of 12,974
Could that be interpreted as meaning the Empyrean holds some detail back that should be reproduced for the sake of accuracy? A "nice" headphone?

I have a few of those.
surely holds something back..but every headphone can’t do everything...the thing that
bothers me is that i feel i have to play very
loud to get it to sing.

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #5,765 of 12,974
Man, if you have put 200hrs into Empy and still don't like the sound, perhaps you should just let it go. It is unlikely anything will change after 200hrs. I was immediately impressed and mesmerised by Empy out of TT2/MScaler at my audition. I can't afford an MScaler just yet, but I am pretty happy with the TT2 only.
Perhaps you just prefer a different grip on sound presentation. Perhaps you should just stick with the Utopia then... We all like different things. Especially on this level.
Traded utopia in for empyrean...too late to get that back..and i can only
afford one headphone..empyrean will grow on me...as i said...its not bad but......?

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #5,766 of 12,974
Traded utopia in for empyrean...too late to get that back..and i can only
afford one headphone..empyrean will grow on me...as i said...its not bad but......?
Have you had a listen to the he1000v2 or se at all? That’s kinda in the middle of the empy and utopia in some elements IMHO.

i say that as a general idea and not in a scientific way that may lead me to being crucified by the mob

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #5,767 of 12,974
Have you had a listen to the he1000v2 or se at all? That’s kinda in the middle of the empy and utopia in some elements IMHO.

i say that as a general idea and not in a scientific way that may lead me to being crucified by the mob
I have
owned the 1000se.. wanted more bass hence the empyrean....? It has more bass..but i guess
I thought it was more like lcd 4 bass As
many have talked about it that way?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #5,768 of 12,974
I have
owned the 1000se.. wanted more bass hens the empyrean....? It has more bass..but i guess
I thought it was more like lcd 4? As
many have talked about it that way?
:) the 4 is a somewhat different beast and somewhat another level.

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #5,772 of 12,974
But it could be a good allrounder..we will see
Exactly

a versatile and very good all rounder assuming it suits one’s preferences and is driven well accordingly

i enjoy mine

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #5,773 of 12,974
Well..boys and girls!!! I found out that i now have over 250 hours on it...i put them on..and yust wow!!! They have changed...and they have bass...puhh..much,much better. So my 240 hours rule. applied Here also...happy now..fu...k 150...where did that come from? It is so organic now and more punchy..more
details too...i would not call it dark..but organic and musical..

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #5,774 of 12,974
Well..boys and girls!!! I found out that i now have over 250 hours on it...i put them on..and yust wow!!! They have changed...and they have bass...puhh..much,much better. So my 240 hours rule. applied Here also...happy now..fu...k 150...where did that come from? It is so organic now and more punchy..more
details too...i would not call it dark..but organic and musical..
You know once it gets to 720 hours some have said in this thread that it can get too organic (like a thriving compost bin) so use wisely and sparingly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back