Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Dec 21, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #5,777 of 12,974
Dec 21, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #5,778 of 12,974
What do you have in that coffee coffeeman?
Sugar and weed.

Well..boys and girls!!! I found out that i now have over 250 hours on it...i put them on..and yust wow!!! They have changed...and they have bass...puhh..much,much better. So my 240 hours rule. applied Here also...happy now..fu...k 150...where did that come from? It is so organic now and more punchy..more
details too...i would not call it dark..but organic and musical..
I find it very hard to believe. I don't doubt you but it seems like a change in the user than the used. But regardless all is good and well!! If you like the Hd800 that much I would find a chance n snatch up a pair n keep it forever. If one can afford the Empyrean the Senn is relatively affordable.

Dec 21, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #5,779 of 12,974
But the wierd thing is that i think i prefer 800s over all of the headphones i have tried and
owned...and i am not affraid to say it. I have owned and listen to many...i yust miss them.
My hd800 with my woo wa2 tube amp could be argued as being my most laid back and natural sounding headphone that i own in that setup

the hd800 (and from that the hd800s) is a great value headphone when you/i built my system around it. So i guess the cost of the headphone is in the system i have with it

love over gold from dire straits sounds superb and natural with it - better than my more expensive hps

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #5,780 of 12,974
I see people with thousands of dollars into audio and some tens of thousands of dollars. But do some of you guys also own and OLED tv? Maybe I'm just representing the rare few but I feel more emotionally engaged when watching a music video with the singer singing and sometimes instrument being played.

OLED C9 + Empyrean. An unorthodox pairing :beerchug:

Dec 21, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #5,781 of 12,974
I see people with thousands of dollars into audio and some tens of thousands of dollars. But do some of you guys also own and OLED tv? Maybe I'm just representing the rare few but I feel more emotionally engaged when watching a music video with the singer singing and sometimes instrument being played.

If i may:

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #5,783 of 12,974
Well..boys and girls!!! I found out that i now have over 250 hours on it...i put them on..and yust wow!!! They have changed...and they have bass...puhh..much,much better. So my 240 hours rule. applied Here also...happy now..fu...k 150...where did that come from? It is so organic now and more punchy..more
details too...i would not call it dark..but organic and musical..
That's most likely a change in your perception.

One evening and 50 hours later (khmm) a bass light Empyrean with 200hrs won't change phisically into a 250 hrs Empyrean with strong bass.

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #5,784 of 12,974

One evening and 50 hours later (khmm) a bass light Empyrean with 200hrs won't change phisically into a 250 hrs Empyrean with strong bass.
It is insane how unreliable our hearing is. Detectives will tell you one of the most unreliable evidence is an eye witness. And our hearing is a lot less factual n reliable than our sight. Below is an example of what you hear and it might completely change once you know the lyrics. There are way better examples than this. If anyone could find some it would be very interesting.

Dec 21, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #5,785 of 12,974

Oled yes..4k

Dec 21, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #5,786 of 12,974

I misscalculatet? What i meant is that i did listen at 50 hours then at 100 hours then the magical 150 hours....not...then at 200 hours then over 250 hours boooom there it was?@betula

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #5,787 of 12,974
I'm starting to really hate the Empyreans because I can't get a single productive thing done today. Maybe I'll sell my speakers and tube amps and just buy more Empyreans to station around my house so I can move around and never go without. I'm turning into a shut-in stuck in my main listening room.

To the nice person on ebay who accepted my offer on his Empys because he had "way too many TOTL headphones" I will only say that you sold the wrong pair! I cancelled my order on a pair of HE1000se after hearing these after a single session.

Best Christmas ever!

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #5,788 of 12,974
Dec 21, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #5,789 of 12,974
I'm starting to really hate the Empyreans because I can't get a single productive thing done today. Maybe I'll sell my speakers and tube amps and just buy more Empyreans to station around my house so I can move around and never go without. I'm turning into a shut-in stuck in my main listening room.

To the nice person on ebay who accepted my offer on his Empys because he had "way too many TOTL headphones" I will only say that you sold the wrong pair! I cancelled my order on a pair of HE1000se after hearing these after a single session.

Best Christmas ever!
What was the offer?

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #5,790 of 12,974
I’m the russian judge - a harsh marker :)

good is still GOOOOODD!!!! :)

The three descriptions are only relative to each other
This may well be my favorite post ever haha. If I could have liked it more than once I certainly would have. Seriously my day has been just Fing off and that post fixed it. Always like seeing you in the threads Crow. Thanks for this my brotha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back