Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Feb 17, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #2,821 of 12,974
Who all are official distributor here in US?

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #2,823 of 12,974
Pretty sad having a whole day free when I was expecting my Empyreans but the weekend they actually arrived I had less than 10 minutes to play with them:deadhorse:.

Ah well at least I got confirmation that my re terminated cable will arrive early this week...

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #2,825 of 12,974
So Meze changed from pure copper cables , to silver plated copper. I thought silvered copper was generally regarded as cheapest of the cheap and a good cable should either be all silver or all copper. I am guessing that this may not be the case here, but Head-Fi is full of posts poo-pooing silver plated copper.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #2,827 of 12,974
Ooh, something that I wondered - when I first got my Empyreans, I couldn’t for the life of me work out which headphone plug (red vs. blue) went into which ear. Eventually worked it out by looking at pics on the Meze site, I think. Is it just a colour-coding we’re supposed to know from experience? Or is there an ‘L’ and an ‘R’ lurking somewhere that I missed?

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #2,828 of 12,974
Ooh, something that I wondered - when I first got my Empyreans, I couldn’t for the life of me work out which headphone plug (red vs. blue) went into which ear. Eventually worked it out by looking at pics on the Meze site, I think. Is it just a colour-coding we’re supposed to know from experience? Or is there an ‘L’ and an ‘R’ lurking somewhere that I missed?

Red for Right is pretty much a universal rule. My new XLR cable will be with me Wednesday and they have shaded the internal plastic of the plug red so you know which one to plug it into but it is hidden once plugged in.

52856729_460259667843001_2153588394255450112_n.jpg

Finally managing to sit down and have a listen at the moment single ended and if they can get any better then that will be amazing lol... They are just so natural and easy sounding, a really effortless sound.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #2,830 of 12,974
Perfect, thank you. I did think ‘red = right’, but then also thought ‘red has fewer letters than blue, and left has fewer letters than right, so it could be that’.

Haha, I can see where you are coming from but you are thinking wwwaaayyy too much into it: Red=Right simples! :beerchug:

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #2,831 of 12,974

I missed it, too...totally. This is funny.

I haven't seen any real L vs R convention for headphone cable jacks. Red is usually Right on RCA interconnects--but there, White is nearly universally considered Left (not blue...never blue).

There is a blue jack on those old 4-wire video interconnects, but that hardly applies.

My ForzaAudioWorks HCP Noir cable had a graphical logo on both L & R jacks--and one had had a green spot over part of the logo. I actually contacted FAW to ask if green meant L or R. Maybe it does in Poland, but not here...?

(the whole thing is pretty opaque)

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #2,832 of 12,974
Haha, I can see where you are coming from but you are thinking wwwaaayyy too much into it: Red=Right simples! :beerchug:

But that doesn’t work if you’ve bought a pair in France!

...and neither does the ‘number of letters’ rule. That means they’d cancel each other out, right, and French-me would still be confused?

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #2,833 of 12,974
But that doesn’t work if you’ve bought a pair in France!

...and neither does the ‘number of letters’ rule. That means they’d cancel each other out, right, and French-me would still be confused?

Ah yes that might be a bit of a problem... Rouge≠Droite

I guess headphone manufactures assume everyone speaks English to some degree or just magically know which one is which!

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #2,834 of 12,974
So Meze changed from pure copper cables , to silver plated copper. I thought silvered copper was generally regarded as cheapest of the cheap and a good cable should either be all silver or all copper. I am guessing that this may not be the case here, but Head-Fi is full of posts poo-pooing silver plated copper.
I don't know what to say about this, but I guess if you have enough money to buy it, then purchasing a " higher " quality cable should not be a problem at all, right?

Feb 18, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #2,835 of 12,974
Perfect, thank you. I did think ‘red = right’, but then also thought ‘red has fewer letters than blue, and left has fewer letters than right, so it could be that’.
haha.. now that's called out of box thinking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back